Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
So how did you do Randy..?
-Dave
haha, BQ again, but nobody got into me this time and I lead every lap to a win.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smojoe
Has anyone else found the stock ballcups to be very sloppy?
i think alot are using the ball cups made for the sway bars, the ones with the open ends, something i forgot about but will start doing again, is use teflon tape, the kind for pipe threads. its smooth and takes out the slop.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
haha, BQ again, but nobody got into me this time and I lead every lap to a win.
Man you are the BQ King.... .. How much did you miss it by this time..?
-Dave
Old 06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Man you are the BQ King.... .. How much did you miss it by this time..?
-Dave
My BQ's are horrible too. At Reedy I missed the A main because I tied for 10'th place at 14 points, went to the throwout and I had a 26 to his 25 Today I missed the A by 3/10ths of a second. I have bad luck at Tamiya.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default ON THE ROPES...

I have to admit fellow Yokstas that I wasn't too sure if I was keeping my BD. Let me shed a little light:
After building the car and driving it, the BD definitely was a keeper even though a bit more steering was needed. That was two weekends ago... THEN, I built and drove THE RDX. Tons of steering, I was more confident with it, only had to adjust droop, ride height, and put on Sorex 36's; the car's dailed. Uh Oh, the BD has a problem. That was last weekend... My heart strings were being tugged, so today I HAD to run the BD and it was getting dailed in no matter what- AT ALL COSTS. Now at this track I have never ran more than 17-18 laps. Weather was no where near what it was last week but surprisingly, traction WAS BETTER . The Sorex 36's worked just as good today as it has this whole month and the track temp. was only 83-degrees!!! Okay, decided to stand the shocks up one hole from stock and was advised to remove the spacer from the front camber link ballstud. VOILA! The car was dailed. I love the way it feels and I was told that the car looked a little better than the RDX. Best part of all- turned 21 laps the last two rounds So in short- I'M KEEPING BOTH CARS Well... and the LCG, but everything else has gotta go
Thanks for ALL the help guy(s)- you know who you are -JB
Old 06-26-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

My BQ's are horrible too. At Reedy I missed the A main because I tied for 10'th place at 14 points, went to the throwout and I had a 26 to his 25 Today I missed the A by 3/10ths of a second. I have bad luck at Tamiya.
hey randy..dont be so hard on yourself. your "famine" is another man's feast. your hard work will pay off.. soon enough my friend.. soon enough.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats to all the BD drivers at the KO race this weekend. I hope I was able to help a few of you out with the setup.
Don't want to fluff you or Chris's ego but much thanks for not only setup help @ KO but you guys where my own little (G main) BD cheer section ....Yea I heard you in the corner Chris...
Hey Randy I didn't have time to do that one little change to the front camber link...I think I will take care of that before my next outing....
You guys really helped me out a bunch and made things much more enjoyable after doing so poorly Saturday...
But today rocked....
I would have made the E or F if I would have had another qualifier as I had this morning...oh well things happen but (watching a certain couple of drivers almost throw blows in the pits was priceless). Glad there was a couple of guys calming things down...
gotta remember...TOY CAR RACERS....literally...If you take it that serious it isn't fun any more...
-Stephen <><
Old 06-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
I have to admit fellow Yokstas that I wasn't too sure if I was keeping my BD. Let me shed a little light:
After building the car and driving it, the BD definitely was a keeper even though a bit more steering was needed. That was two weekends ago... THEN, I built and drove THE RDX. Tons of steering, I was more confident with it, only had to adjust droop, ride height, and put on Sorex 36's; the car's dailed. Uh Oh, the BD has a problem. That was last weekend... My heart strings were being tugged, so today I HAD to run the BD and it was getting dailed in no matter what- AT ALL COSTS. Now at this track I have never ran more than 17-18 laps. Weather was no where near what it was last week but surprisingly, traction WAS BETTER . The Sorex 36's worked just as good today as it has this whole month and the track temp. was only 83-degrees!!! Okay, decided to stand the shocks up one hole from stock and was advised to remove the spacer from the front camber link ballstud. VOILA! The car was dailed. I love the way it feels and I was told that the car looked a little better than the RDX. Best part of all- turned 21 laps the last two rounds So in short- I'M KEEPING BOTH CARS Well... and the LCG, but everything else has gotta go
Thanks for ALL the help guy(s)- you know who you are -JB

its ok to use my name, my ego likes it.

guess what i got from the ups guy today, don't bother calling me, i'm busy. now we can work setups thing together and i won't be guessing.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sleighty
What part numbers so i can run TC4 dogbones and what do i have to do to make them fit? Or would i be better off buying some TIR ones?

i haven't tried the TIR ones...

i'll try to get the part numbers for you tom... but basically these are what you need. rayspeed axles, TC4 bones, TC4 1way outdrives.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Front diff? Thick chassis or upper deck

Is there a front diff option?

Is anyone making a carpet spec topdeck or main chassis.

Thanks

Jamie
Old 06-28-2005, 06:57 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by senna555

Thanks

Jamie
The rear diff is a direct fit for the front end.
Old 06-28-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by senna555

Thanks

Jamie
Mach10_shooter has made some carpet chassis that are very stiff...3.3mm chassis and upperdeck.
Old 06-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Mach10_shooter has made some carpet chassis that are very stiff...3.3mm chassis and upperdeck.
i've run this combination since Reedy and just last weekend at the KO GP. very nice
Old 06-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Tech Rookie

hey I was wondering are the axels on the BD, the same as the axels on the SD. THX
Old 06-29-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

well, I guess so.

BTW. Has anyone got experiences with the new Yokomo BD lightweigth spool? and the locked belt pulley?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.