Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
rc-zombies- I guess you need to sell of alot of stuff to be able to afford the Hotbodies car, $600+ Does Hara build each one for you?
Actually US price is approx. $460.00+/-
RainbowTen is overpriced when they sell their car kits. but still a great place for option parts
Old 06-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
save up on shipping too... US to Malaysia is approx. $61USD Via EMS + insurance.

If I had the time to race..I would be running this car alot more. the car is very durable and fast out of the box.

wow!!!61 usd??? as if the bd wasn't expensive enough.getting started in ep is really expensive if u haven't got the equipments yet.hopefully my pockets will be deep enough
Old 06-23-2005, 10:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Actually US price is approx. $460.00+/-
RainbowTen is overpriced when they sell their car kits. but still a great place for option parts
I figured the US price would be even more unbearable than the overseas price. That's high, but not completely terrible lol.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This might sound a little stupid, but I can remember if the kit came with a setup sheet. I thought it came with a blank one, but I couldn't remember if it came with one filled out. I am going to try it out on asphalt tomorrow and wanted to set it back up to stock. Any suggestions from stock. I downloaded Matt's setup, probably go with that for now. I think I'll try a diff in the front with the center one-way.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:40 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I dont believe the kit came with a setup sheet, but just read back through your instructions and you can fill one out avalible at Yokomousa.com
Old 06-25-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys,

2morrow im racing on carpet for the first time with the BD and i was wondering if anyone had a base setup i could start with. Im running on rubber tyres in modified.

I looked at Masamis LRP Masters setup and it has a one way which im not too keen on using, id rather use a spool. what do you guys think?

thanks
Old 06-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

i have a question thats been bugging me, i didn't want to start a whole new thread so i hope you guys don't mind giving me your thoughts, it seems like a couple of years ago i was using, 80 -100 wt shock oil, 20- 30 lbs springs, and pit 20 -24, or sorex 24-28 tires and soft to med inserts, now the fast way is 30-50 wt oil, 12-17 lbs springs 32 -36 for tires and firm inserts, what the heck happened, did the cars change, or were we just doing it wrong all those years.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sleighty
hi guys,

2morrow im racing on carpet for the first time with the BD and i was wondering if anyone had a base setup i could start with. Im running on rubber tyres in modified.

I looked at Masamis LRP Masters setup and it has a one way which im not too keen on using, id rather use a spool. what do you guys think?

thanks
sorry can't help, won't be getting mine until monday or tuesday (finally). i think i will go with the spool and center one way to start.
Old 06-25-2005, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

switching from soft tires-hard supension to hard tires-soft suspension just change the feeling of the car, the performance should be the same.....

there are many details that these different settings affect on handling and performance, i.e: the harder suspension with softer tires can get your car to react slower during the race, due to overheating your tires..........

both setups will work, but you'll probably be faster with only one....
Old 06-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys I have a problem....I run my BD on a tarmac track with foams,I have a locked center gear and a spool.My problem is I keep breaking(I think)the pin in the cvd on the outside front only.Our track has a sweeping corner at each end.Is this because of the load on that wheel and using a spool?any help would be appreciated
Old 06-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
Guys I have a problem....I run my BD on a tarmac track with foams,I have a locked center gear and a spool.My problem is I keep breaking(I think)the pin in the cvd on the outside front only.Our track has a sweeping corner at each end.Is this because of the load on that wheel and using a spool?any help would be appreciated

This was discussed a while back and some of those who expereinced this suggested removing some material from the inner portion of the axle, to polish it a bit...

i think using a spool with foams also contribute to your problem...

i have been using the TC4 bones with great success since the BD's introduction, i have been using the TC4 bones with modifed motors and haven't damaged them yet.

hope this helps... - jason
Old 06-26-2005, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

after my BD's carpet debut today ive decided the car is sooooo dailed on every surface. Shame the standard driveshafts arent up to the job. What part numbers so i can run TC4 dogbones and what do i have to do to make them fit? Or would i be better off buying some TIR ones?

thanks

p.s, i will post my carpet setup later for everyone to have a look at
Old 06-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Has anyone else found the stock ballcups to be very sloppy?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Congrats to all the BD drivers at the KO race this weekend. I hope I was able to help a few of you out with the setup.
Old 06-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Congrats to all the BD drivers at the KO race this weekend. I hope I was able to help a few of you out with the setup.
So how did you do Randy..?
-Dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.