Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by pops
Yes they are pretty good, but may be easy to overheat. I put 4 1/4 holes in the rims to keep them cooler. You must use a very thin insert like Sorex C-Firm or the super thin Yokomo Firm inserts ZR-039F. They are pretty good all around tires.
pops..are they a safe bet like CS-27s are on most tracks?
Old 05-19-2005, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did anyone happen to download Masami's LRP master's setup. They have the link up on the Yokomo USA website but its not working for me right now.

Jairo Ortiz
Old 05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by pops
Just talked to Billy Bowerman at Sorex USA. The shipment of Sorex 36s are coming in next week from Sorex. The dry spell is over.
That's good news, but luckily SoCal always stocks up, so I didnt even get hit by the dry spell
Old 05-19-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
That's good news, but luckily SoCal always stocks up, so I didnt even get hit by the dry spell
I still have left overs from last years region 12 race that I didn't use. Looks like I'm set for the speedworld cup
Old 05-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
pops..are they a safe bet like CS-27s are on most tracks?
Have only tried them at Speedworld in the morning, and they were darn good, and Noah Ramos used them at a night race on the Ripon track. Never liked the CS-27s we have always prefered Sorex tires.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

pops- thanks for the advice. That was my only hassle really with the car. well, that and the stupid dogbone. I know it was a fluke thing but I'm still not happy about it. Lucky for me I am going up to OC this weekend because rc in San Diego is damn near non existant. Can't wait to move back to Riverside. What do people think of 4fun hobbies?
Old 05-20-2005, 06:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by Chris Brown
pops- thanks for the advice. That was my only hassle really with the car. well, that and the stupid dogbone. I know it was a fluke thing but I'm still not happy about it. Lucky for me I am going up to OC this weekend because rc in San Diego is damn near non existant. Can't wait to move back to Riverside. What do people think of 4fun hobbies?
4 Fun isa great track, Scott and Gail have put their heart and soul into that track. Had the last leg of the Jimmy Babcock there. Track was really dialed, didn't use one dropp of tire addative. Nuff said.
Opps They are best know for the cleanest bathroom...even cleaner than my own ...LOL
If the Dogbone was defective you can send it in...Heck I have a spare if you need one. Don't let that keep you feeling bad about the BD.
Stephen <><
Old 05-20-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't feel bad about the car. It's just one of those things that happens. I am stationed in SD so I will probably just go up to yokomo usa or suck it up and get a new one from SoCal since I have to go there today anyway. I will have to go out to Hesperia one of these days. I live in Riverside so I am pretty much in the middle of the two. Slim is a long time friend so I guess he might ge upset if I go to 4fun. But you gotta try different things right. Thanks for the info man.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

I don't feel bad about the car. It's just one of those things that happens. I am stationed in SD so I will probably just go up to yokomo usa or suck it up and get a new one from SoCal since I have to go there today anyway. I will have to go out to Hesperia one of these days. I live in Riverside so I am pretty much in the middle of the two. Slim is a long time friend so I guess he might ge upset if I go to 4fun. But you gotta try different things right. Thanks for the info man.
USMC or USN?
I was USN down there for a couple of years...
good times.
You can also get CVDs from www.Speedtechrc.com Steve takes good care of the Yokomo guys....plus if your in SoCal region its to your door next day...Well on most occasions...
Some times SoCal doesn't have all the Yokomo gear.
Are you considering running in the Jimmy Babcock series...You have missed the first two but you can throw out two of the races anyway....Next one is June 5th @ HotRod Hobbies in Saugus. Smaller track but fun none the less.
You should give it a try...
Stephen <><
Old 05-20-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

USN. Helicopters. Getting out in a cople months to be a sheriff in Riverside. I'll try SoCal, I have a loyalty to them. I raced there before they were in HB so I know the guys there well. I won't be able to do the Babcock series because I won't have all my gear in time. Last year I got rid of everything I had except my tool( which a lot are useless now because of US and metric differences). SO I am in the process of getting all new equipment so it's expensive but I should be racing by the end of next month. I will try to make it out to one of the races to check it out though and I will probably be racing the series next year. Heck, the last time I touched a car was the opener for the offroad series last year!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

USN. Helicopters. Getting out in a cople months to be a sheriff in Riverside. I'll try SoCal, I have a loyalty to them. I raced there before they were in HB so I know the guys there well. I won't be able to do the Babcock series because I won't have all my gear in time. Last year I got rid of everything I had except my tool( which a lot are useless now because of US and metric differences). SO I am in the process of getting all new equipment so it's expensive but I should be racing by the end of next month. I will try to make it out to one of the races to check it out though and I will probably be racing the series next year. Heck, the last time I touched a car was the opener for the offroad series last year!
Remind not to get arrested in Riverside County....LOL
My Pastor is a LA County Sherrif...I tell you as long as you have sence of humor and can find humor in irony Then should you be a Sheriff....Good luck in it. I was going to be a Corrections Officer when I got out but met my wife and Got Cancer while I was in the Navy.....Kinda stunk but hey it caused me to find GOD and to mature quite a bit...Funny though Now I race Toy Cars.....
Stephen <><
Old 05-20-2005, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Don't worry. I am going to target my family and friends first. LOL But I have to have a sense of humor to be in the military. I love how we get older but we never stop playing with toys, they just get more expensive and faster and more dangerous.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Don't worry. I am going to target my family and friends first. LOL But I have to have a sense of humor to be in the military. I love how we get older but we never stop playing with toys, they just get more expensive and faster and more dangerous.
Still you have to admit....WE got to play with some pretty nice toy while we were in...Granted very expensive peices of equipment....
I love when Gun quals came up.....The gunners mates would always seem to get me out last some we could finish up all the old ammo....I think my sholder nearly fell off after the 12gauge ammo was gone...to bad we had m14 ammo for days...I think we nearly melted the barrels on those things...What a blast...when under way we get to shot at killer tomatoes ( big red ballons 10' diameter) sitting on the water with the 25MM cannon...Now talk about some fun....
I think that was my favorite weapon on board ship...
Oh yea now that I am so mature....I Competively Race Toy Cars....LOL I still find the serious Irony in it though...Well it was either this or 1:1 and the wife kinda had her way...so Now its Toy Car Racing for plastic trophies...LOL
Take Care & GOD Bless
Stephen <><
Old 05-20-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Ortiz
Did anyone happen to download Masami's LRP master's setup. They have the link up on the Yokomo USA website but its not working for me right now.

Jairo Ortiz
click on the icon...that one worked
Old 05-20-2005, 08:35 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Hey Chris, SoCal should have what you need in stock there, same with Speedtech, but if worse comes to worse, Yokomo is about 5 miles away from SoCal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.