Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO) >

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 22SCT Thread (Check First Page for FAQ & INFO)

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi can any one help with what spur and pinion to use on a 22sct 2.0 with a 10.5 motor i want as much top speed as i can don't care about motor temp
Old 08-17-2017, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I apologise if this has been covered, but after many searches I am still at a loss.

I picked up a RTR sct, and broke the rhs front spindle. I have the 22-4, and the 22 buggy, and neither spindle is a copy. I picked up TLR234074 which says it fits the 22sct, but they are very different. The location of the steering ballcup is massively different. Can someone please let me know if I have the incorrect spindle for the 22sct? I have google searched this also, so no avail. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-20-2019, 02:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi guys.

I pulled my 22 SCT mk1 (all stock) out of the shelf to come and bash with my son who recently built his first buggy (Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact).

I did a large inspection and rebuilt the shocks to factory specs.

It is currently powered by a Trackstar 10,5T on a Trackstar 80A esc and a Team Orion Lipo 4200 sports Pack.

I find it a bit overpowered in its current Rear motor build, and I intend to rebuild it it in the mid motor configuration, to avoid those wheelies.

No local track available (at least in a 1 hours drive circle), so we go bashing in the backwoods, or on an old bmx track.

My question : my truck is fit with Jconcepts barcodes tires, and I have extremely poor traction on anything dusty, sandy or lightly damp, which are the conditions we usually find in the backwoods.

We avoid plain mud, as we dont want to spend so much time cleaning.

Any advices for a better tires choice ?
Old 08-20-2019, 03:49 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by megastef
Hi guys.

I pulled my 22 SCT mk1 (all stock) out of the shelf to come and bash with my son who recently built his first buggy (Tamiya DF03 Dark Impact).

I did a large inspection and rebuilt the shocks to factory specs.

It is currently powered by a Trackstar 10,5T on a Trackstar 80A esc and a Team Orion Lipo 4200 sports Pack.

I find it a bit overpowered in its current Rear motor build, and I intend to rebuild it it in the mid motor configuration, to avoid those wheelies.

No local track available (at least in a 1 hours drive circle), so we go bashing in the backwoods, or on an old bmx track.

My question : my truck is fit with Jconcepts barcodes tires, and I have extremely poor traction on anything dusty, sandy or lightly damp, which are the conditions we usually find in the backwoods.

We avoid plain mud, as we dont want to spend so much time cleaning.

Any advices for a better tires choice ?
You might try Pro Line Badlands. If your 22 SCT is the first or second model the rear arms have been discontinued and they are little hard to find. One of the Losi guys at Horizon Hobby told me that.You may want to consider that before you put more into it.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Big thank you for the piece of advice. First model here. Gonna try to find some spare front and rear arms ;-)

I wish I had bought the tlr 22b at the time, looks sooo lighter and more nimble :-)