Wiki Posts
Search

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)
Default WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?!!!

Whats up fellas !!! , im getting back into racing after almost 18 months off and all my gear is pretty old and obsolete .So im thinking of switching EVERYTHING!!! I use to run the ST-RR and the 777WC .Now im looking towards SERPENT, HOTBODIES, AN DURANGO.Let me know your opinions. Im looking for good on power steering and durability.

Secondly i use to run an RB c6bbt and a ws7 3 for motors , im looking for all around power, good run time,and the best bang for my buck what do you suggest? gimme a motor pipe if you can.

Third is servos I usually run Futaba BLS what do you suggest no hitec please.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

As far as buggy, jq thecar. Best one I've driven yet. Engine, the novarossi p5, bonito, plus 4. Most nova based mills will treat you well. But as far as bang for your buck, alpha plus engines are great. Servos I would check out are the savox, radiopost, also the ko Servos are getting good reviews.

There will be a lot more to chime in with other great products, a lot of good stuff out there these days.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

I didnt see the JQ at the track do they have a truck yet? I really like they're geometry . It looks clean.

I guess they dont have a truck yet I just checked out their site.

Last edited by BIG RICK RR; 06-19-2012 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

hay BR the serpent truggy is the best truck that I have had
you can wheel mine any time and check it out.
you coming to sac this weekend?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BIG RICK RR
I didnt see the JQ at the track do they have a truck yet? I really like they're geometry . It looks clean.

I guess they dont have a truck yet I just checked out their site.
No they dont, and i dont think jq plans on developing one, as everywhere else in the world, truggies arent as big as buggies. But if he did, i would race it. Its a great car and has turned heads here locally.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks Railer for the info much appreciated bro!!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Tech Regular

Cary whats up bro ?! I just now got off the phone with Frank and he was telling me all about Serpent, so I might take you up on that offer to rail your rides if you dont mind. Im not gonna be able to make this weekend, but i'll see you at Delta for NOR CAL series ok .
Old 06-19-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST?!!!
That your caps button be removed from your keyboard :P

Just kidding, I would suggest looking in the forsale forums for your needs, you can find so much stuff for nothing. Here's an example of one of my set ups I bought,
Losi 8t 2.0, hop ups-inclined hubs, rear hubs, motor mount, center diff mount, v2 tower, top plate, servo saver arm, rear diff inserts alu, f/r chassis braces and a painted body that's rad! Brand new 305$ shipped. Nib Orion crf 7port without carb 140$, nib 7955 x2 150$, aka ibeam/grid irons/city blocks soft already mounted 125$ airtronics receiver m11x new 50$, losi 2.0 starter box (not rtr box) 75 with battery. 2058 pipe 35$ without header. So around 900$ I built a pretty ruthless race machine with very good quality parts. I believe all that in stores would be close to 2 grand if not more, I saved 275$ alone on the engine, probably another 400 on the truggy, so between the 2 main things I purchased here that are new I saved an easy 600 dollars. It's just the way to do it in my eyes lol I think everyone is NUTS not taking this advantage I recommend. Just don't be dumb and buy someone's 3 gallon old speed because he says it runs great, I have a b5 with 10 gallons on it that runs amazing and can have a new head put on it n claimed at 3 gallons old, I however wouldn't ever do that lol but I know 90% of the used stuff on here it's probably used quite a bit more then claimed.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cary
hay BR the serpent truggy is the best truck that I have had
you can wheel mine any time and check it out.
you coming to sac this weekend?
yeah the serpent truggy looks sick. If i had to go truggy, it would be the serpent or the durango. Good luck on the choices man, all these new cars make it hard to choose!
Old 06-19-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Whats up fellas !!! , im getting back into racing after almost 18 months off and all my gear is pretty old and obsolete .So im thinking of switching EVERYTHING!!! I use to run the ST-RR and the 777WC .Now im looking towards SERPENT, HOTBODIES, AN DURANGO.Let me know your opinions. Im looking for good on power steering and durability.

Secondly i use to run an RB c6bbt and a ws7 3 for motors , im looking for all around power, good run time,and the best bang for my buck what do you suggest? gimme a motor pipe if you can.

Third is servos I usually run Futaba BLS what do you suggest no hitec please.
Sup Rick,

Long time no see. Glad you're making a come back.

Buggy and Truggy? Man you already have a solid list to pick from. Options, lots of options. Frank would have been the first I would have talked to. I think he's tried almost all of them. LOL

I like the Durango's and since the Truggy is out I really like the look of it.

The Serpents are right there too. If Cary says the truck is good, that's saying a lot. I think he picked up two laps by just going to the truck.

The HB's are good. Kits and parts are super cheap. Yeah I know, some of the parts wear a little too fast, but if you're on a tight budget, those might be your best option.

Of course, you could always upgrade what you got. Seen a couple of site that have the K parts pretty cheap.

Engines?
Coming from RB's you can always go with Novarossi (or Novarossi based).

Buggy: Plus4, Btt, Fusion X3L, just to name a few
Truggy: P5XLT, Bonito, Fusion X7, again just to name a few.

Pipes and headers for those seem to be the 9901 or 2096 with the 021 header

Servo's?
You can go big bucks and run those KO RSX servo's, like Frank runs. Expensive, but soo smooth.

Savox: Pretty reasonable on pricing and seem to have good numbers for speed and torque. Thay do have the HV servos too if you want to run LiPo direct.

Hitec? Why you no likey? Just curious.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:41 PM
Bus
Tech Master

Run what others run at your local track! For best advice and parts availability!

Personally id Stick to the big 3 Losi, Associated , Kyosho! If your on a budget id run:

Losi/Associated buggy/truggy

Alpha Motors Best bang for your buck hands down.

Savox Servo's

And your choice of radio! Can never go wrong with Airtronics.

Get your 1/8 scale buggy on the track as a race roller for around $700
Old 06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Newer is not always better

I am not saying don't check them out but there are alot of new cars out there that are plenty new but offer no advantage over the old tried and trusted brands. I run one and can say for sure that your STRR is still a great platform, convert to the evo and your good. The Serpent does look good though and is probably the only new car out there that I would try. The truck comes way higher recommended than the buggy from all the guys I know. For buggy the TKI3 just hit the ground, I think the K cars are the best drive out there, however I have been less than impressed with the durability since switching. It's really about your personal preferences, see what fits YOU. Also what is gonna give you the best parts and setup support. Whats most important for you, durability or drivability. That sort of thing. I thought my losi buggy was hard to drive but I don't remember ever breaking it. Best of luck with whatever you decide. I'm glad to see people coming back to the hobby that have been away.
Old 06-19-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

I was thinking of buying some used gear on here too bro, good suggestion!! Iuse to be an avid EBAYER but everything( mostly all the parts ) are buy it now instead of auction like they use to be . Or I would start piecing together a couple of kits like I use to.

I agreee totally Camo about the K cars, I been KYOSHO forever man but there getting a little crazy with their pricing especially for just a couple changes on the RR . Not to mention their parts are thru the roof!!

Wassup TUEFEL i'll see you out there ill be at delta next saturday.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I was thinking of buying some used gear on here too bro, good suggestion!! Iuse to be an avid EBAYER but everything( mostly all the parts ) are buy it now instead of auction like they use to be . Or I would start piecing together a couple of kits like I use to.

I agreee totally Camo about the K cars, I been KYOSHO forever man but there getting a little crazy with their pricing especially for just a couple changes on the RR . Not to mention their parts are thru the roof!!

Wassup TUEFEL i'll see you out there ill be at delta next saturday.
Ricky my boy,

Check out dollar hobbyz and inferno's only if you haven't already. Dh was selling a lot of the TKI2/3 and Evo parts for what appeared to be a good price.

If you're no that tight of a budget, it's hard not to look at the HB stuff. Most everyone that I know that has ran them has liked them. Sure they're not a Big Red K car/truck, but are very capable of being a contender.

Don't know if I'll be over at Delta any time soon. I'm on a budget too. LOL. I'll see you at some point I'm sure.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and check out the new Xray XB9. Its a killer buggy and everyone is loving it. I'm seeing more and more people switch to it.

Servos, I run the KO RSX. I've had all the others for the most part and they were all good to me, but nothing can touch the KO servos.

Motors, nothing that hasn't been said. Novarossi, Fusion X (made by Novarossi), Reedy, OS, new Orion motors look good, Nvision, Werks, RB, take your pick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.