Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 08:45 PM
dht
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hello
I have a 17.5 motor and I'm using 88 spur and 53 pinion do you thing this is good and if a need more top speed do I go higer in pinion or lower.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
How well does the TC spec car fit lipo batteries (with ridges on the bottom), considering the TC spec car has plastic battery trays? Any pics?
Orion fit in TC with battery tray !
Intellect IP not fit !
Old 11-23-2008, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
How well does the TC spec car fit lipo batteries (with ridges on the bottom), considering the TC spec car has plastic battery trays? Any pics?

orion 3600 and 3800 fits with the battery tray installed. sticker on top osnags though when pushing the pack in. might want to trim it or remove the decal. note the pack has side-to-side movement. but it shouldn't be a problem when you tape the pack down. the only issue i have for now is how and where to place the weights to get the kit balanced and within legal weight limits.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dht
Hello
I have a 17.5 motor and I'm using 88 spur and 53 pinion do you thing this is good and if a need more top speed do I go higer in pinion or lower.
the higher the pinion, the more top end you'll get...

the other option is going smaller on the spur

At one point with my 17.5 and cyclone, I was running 64pinion with a 76 spur

and i still wanted more speed, but the track didn't have a 65t pinion I guess I could have went to a 71t spur, but I don't they they had that either
Old 11-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Does anybody know what is the distance between the chassis and the top deck aluminum bracket on TC?
I wonder if the latest LiPo battery pack (5000 , 5500) will fit without any modifications.
Old 11-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Newbie to Cyclone

Hi Guys,
I need some basic info on the car. I know this info is probably somewhere in the 1,000 previous posts, but just bear with me.

I won the car at one of the legs of the HPI Challenge this past summer and it's time to get it up and running.

What spares would you guys suggest. I already plan on getting both belts, all control arms, front and rear knuckles and both shock towers.

VTA is taking off in my area so I am planning on running it with this car, 12.5 brushless and 7.4 lipo. How bout a baseline set up. Sound off guys!!

Thanks.
Old 11-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Personally, I rarely brake anything on the car but i guess that depends on how aggressive a driver you are and how damaging the track is.

But definite things to have are C hubs (4 degree is most common used, make sure they are the carbon graphite ones and not the cheap plastic cyclone S ones) and also knuckle/rear hub carriers.

I have a p-dub bumper on the front which is wider than the standard bumper and helps to protect the suspension better.

Universals are also handy, especially if you are running a spool or one-way. And even more so if they are aluminium on the front. I only use steel HD unis on the front (you will more than likely need the v2, version 2 ones, unless it is an old kit).
You will more than likely find a spool is the ideal setup.

Outside of that you could buy a lot of things!

Personally ive only ever snapped 1 belt and i think that was because of a problem with the center pulley, while ive never snapped an arm (touch wood).
Old 11-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,
I need some basic info on the car. I know this info is probably somewhere in the 1,000 previous posts, but just bear with me.

I won the car at one of the legs of the HPI Challenge this past summer and it's time to get it up and running.

What spares would you guys suggest. I already plan on getting both belts, all control arms, front and rear knuckles and both shock towers.

VTA is taking off in my area so I am planning on running it with this car, 12.5 brushless and 7.4 lipo. How bout a baseline set up. Sound off guys!!

Thanks.
'Bout time you got around to build that thing

Welcome to the "HB World"
Old 11-25-2008, 01:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spurcheck
Hi Guys,

Thanks.
spares to have for breakages, from statiscally most to least significant breakages for me:
- steering knuckles (you get a free rear upright too )
- C-hubs
- that collar thing that holds the front kingpins in the C-hubs (easy to loose when you break)
- shock shafts

normal wear parts - the usual, belts, cvd bones, bearings (5*10*4 for the front), pulleys (metal and plastic, although they ARE tougher than I expected).

Overall not as reliable as my former xrays, but miles ahead of the tamiyas my other race buddies own.

Paul
Old 11-25-2008, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Question:

The rear hubs on the Cyclone are adjustable for what I assume is short wheelbase vers long wheelbase, but you have the same type of adjustment on the rear A-arms as well. What is the difference in handling when making adjustments to either of the two?

Mark
Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

anybody here have a atsushi hara setup from ISTC 2008???
Old 11-25-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Has anyone that has run any previous cyclones prior to the TC notice a difference in materials in the arms? I have broken two new TC arms running 13.5 while running 3.5 mod with the older arms and never breaking one. It could just be a freak crash but the other HB driver out here has experienced the same thing. Just curious to see if other's have run across it as well............
Old 11-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
anybody here have a atsushi hara setup from ISTC 2008???
ok !
Hara car photo !
http://www.rctech.net/forum/rc-marke...ml#post5091529
Old 11-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Did anyone notice the little carbon fiber print weights he has??? I totally want some of those...

Oh, and the arm materials are a little different. I notice the older arms have a lighter grey look to them...

-Korey
Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Did anyone notice the little carbon fiber print weights he has??? I totally want some of those...

Oh, and the arm materials are a little different. I notice the older arms have a lighter grey look to them...

-Korey
I will be tearing my car apart before the next race and I will compare the color difference between the two....but if you notice the difference as well then there's my answer. I will switch back to the old style arms as I haven't really liked any of the newer shock locations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.