Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
hi i would like to corner faster with my cyclone moor speed what should i change please it will be very helpfull . If you need any information on what i am running ask me and il tell you i really need help.
Thanks
post your setup, what tires are you running and what body? and what exactly is the problem you are having
Old 08-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shadow102
post your setup, what tires are you running and what body? and what exactly is the problem you are having
HI , i have a mazda RX8 I have sorex 28R tyre and my probleme is that when i corner i have to break hard to be able to corner without drifting , so it means that i loose time . What i would like to do is to corner faster without drifting but as i said i cant corner faster without drifting.
OK my set up is :

108 spur and 35 pinion
2mm spacer between the upper bulkhead and the inner pivot for front
and 2mm between upper bulkhead and inner pivot for rear
5mm front ride height
5.5mm rear ride height
4mm before the tyre lift from the ground (droop i think)for front
3mm before the tyre lift from the ground (droop i think) for rear
standart suspension 3 holes ,1.1mm each ,40w oil standart spring silver rear gold front
camber 1.5 all around
castor 4
wheelbase is standart
i have 1.5mm shims under the toe block rear
and 1.5 mm shims under front toe block and 2mm shim under the rear toe block at the front ( if i not very precise or not explaining propally please tell me)
0.75toe angle front
and standart toe angle rear

4mm ackermann
and i think thats it

for the elctronics:
lrp5.5turn gearing 7.5 (108 spur 35 pinion)with novak GTB 1st brushless profile with gemini 2 transmitter with micro 41 mhz receiver and T2M diamond digital servo (0.12 @ 60 , 13 kg torque) and finally i have 1 pack of orion SHO 4200 batteries , + 1 pack of demon ep 4200 + 2 pack of LRP hv2 vtec 4200 bigmama

Thanks alot if you could help me out
Old 08-04-2008, 01:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default rear toe in

Guys... can anybody confirm that uneven rear toe is caused by the rear hubs? I replace the rear hubs with my pro4 spare rear hubs and I supposed they are not molded right also... I have yet to try other brand rear hubs. Have anybody get around this problem other than buying the aluminum rear hubs or changing to tamiya 416 rear hubs and pins?
Old 08-04-2008, 03:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

HI , i have a mazda RX8 I have sorex 28R tyre and my probleme is that when i corner i have to break hard to be able to corner without drifting , so it means that i loose time . What i would like to do is to corner faster without drifting but as i said i cant corner faster without drifting.

Without diving into your setup much at this moment change your body out to a DNA2 or Mazdaspeed6 that may actually help your situation alot. When you say drifting is all four tires sliding out or is the rear end washing out?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

nope its only the rear end that would loose control and then my car would spin
Old 08-04-2008, 04:04 AM
Tech Addict

and sorry i forgot to say that when i want to corner faster my car would either underster or sometimes it will loose control at the rear . But it will mainly understeer that also my probleme
Old 08-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

HI , i have a mazda RX8 I have sorex 28R tyre and my probleme is that when i corner i have to break hard to be able to corner without drifting , so it means that i loose time .
Originally Posted by shadow102
Without diving into your setup much at this moment change your body out to a DNA2 or Mazdaspeed6 that may actually help your situation alot. When you say drifting is all four tires sliding out or is the rear end washing out?
I ran the RX8 and its a very stable body - almost on par with a mazda6, believe it or not...

It sounds like you are missing your breaking points, ok not breaking point per say, just a point to let off the throttle - I'd try breaking sooner and not drive so hard into the corners...any reason why you are running 28r? is that what most guys at your track are running? I thought 28's were more of a colder weather tire (I could be wrong - its been a while since I ran sorex)??? I thought 32's were more of "hotter" weather tire?
Old 08-04-2008, 04:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by k_bojar
I ran the RX8 and its a very stable body - almost on par with a mazda6, believe it or not...

It sounds like you are missing your breaking points, ok not breaking point per say, just a point to let off the throttle - I'd try breaking sooner and not drive so hard into the corners...any reason why you are running 28r? is that what most guys at your track are running? I thought 28's were more of a colder weather tire (I could be wrong - its been a while since I ran sorex)??? I thought 32's were more of "hotter" weather tire?
Im running 28 because most people at local track use them and just to say that i dont know what does on throtle or off throtle means so i wont really understand . I think my car suffers from understeer.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Im running 28 because most people at local track use them and just to say that i dont know what does on throtle or off throtle means so i wont really understand . I think my car suffers from understeer.
I'm not even getting that complicated...

all i mean is that it sounds like you want to run full throttle into a turn, have the stick and make the turn...what it sounds like to me is that you need to slow down more getting into the turn and then see what happens...

too much speed in a turn will cause the rear end to spin out on you - as would the need to slam on the brakes...

so pick something on the track as a breaking point - and when your car gets near there, let off the throttle so the car slows into the turn...now you should be able to make the turn without spinning and loosing as much time...believe it or not, even the "fast guys" back off their throttle when they race - its just a lot less noticable for them since they are normally way more consistent then the average driver...

the only other thing I can think of is - how tight is your rear diff?? does the rear spin freely or does it seem tight?? if its too tight, that will add to you spinning out effort...loosen the diff up until the rear spins freely - and adjust as needed...

I wasn't thinking one time and did this to my rear diff and couldn't figure out what was wrong, until I had another driver's car in my hand and spun his rear wheels...then I went "doh!! I got the rear diff too tight"...I loosened it up and the issues went away
Old 08-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Tech Addict

thanks i will try all your recomendation . But id like to know about droop : when it say 5mm droop on the setup sheet of a pro does it mean that when the pro put the droop guage it will show 5mm or does it mean that the wheels lift from the ground at 5 mm over the ride height .
And could you tell me the description of on throtle , off throtle , on power steering and off power steering .
Thanks
Old 08-04-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hy every one, i have a Hara Edition, but i want to know.

I was thinking in buy all the hop ups, to convert my Hara edition to the TC edition. Does it worth, pay for all the ups
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Rookie

RE cyclone speed

if you are having problems with the rear of the car, i would advise a softer raer brace/ deck ( make your own if you already have the 2mm frp one on of the cyclone TC) as it will increase rear end flex....

re coldn
the hara edition is a very good car.
You will send £'ssss buying all the individual hot ups for your hara edition over time, so probally best to bite the bullet and buy a TC.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Regular

What body is everyone using for rubber tire and asphalt?
Where can you find the 1.1 3 hole pistons and the 1.2 sway bar in stock?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Khador12
What body is everyone using for rubber tire and asphalt?
Where can you find the 1.1 3 hole pistons and the 1.2 sway bar in stock?
1.1 3 hole are for the pro 4 but work perfectly fine with the cyclone cause i use them:
http://www.apexmodels.com/product-se...&title=tune_up

for the body i use the mazda RX8 as good as the mazda 6

for the sway bar:

http://www.apexmodels.com/product-se...sories&id=9011
Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the help but it seems that they do not ship outside the EC and I am in the United States.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.