Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

yeah, I'm waiting on lipos. I only have one for now. But one works for a race day

I want a new motor and speedo to try LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
my laptimes were the same as the Orion so it didn't give me anything extra. I'll double check again this weekend when I run them back to back.
How are you cycling/charging the SMC pack? Are you heating the pack?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

show me pics of your lipo setups with added weight!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Front Solid Axle Drive Cup Problem

I recently picked up a used, but in good condition Cyclone. I really love this car. At any rate, when I took apart the front end to get at all the bearings to give the car a good cleaning, I had a lot of trouble getting, what I call, the large outdrive bearings off the front drive cups. My CVD had pitted the aluminum to the point that I had to use a Dremel to gind down the aluminum to get the bearings to slide off. In doing some research I think my Cyclone started it's life as a Hara and now has some of the WCE parts on it. I mention this becasue the spool I have is purple and it is basically all one piece. I think it is the 61045. Before I ordered anything I was wondering if the 61086 WC Ed. Front Solid Axle Ver. 3 will fit in my car and if these drive cups allows for the use of the diff cup joint adapters (61333) like the ones in the back diff? Any help you can offer is appreciated.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

The 61086 WC Ed. Front Solid Axle Ver. 3 will fit in your car. The Ver. 3 spool is much better than the one you're using. The outdrives are much stronger and last a long time. I'm still using the same outdrives in front after a year of racing. Mostly in the 13.5 class.

The diff cup adapters will not fit in the Ver. 3 spool.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

agreed. The ver. 3 spool is the way to go! Its only $16-20 depending on where you buy it.

You never have to replace the replaceable cups because they simply don't wear like the earlier versions 1 and 2.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Finally done, can’t wait to test drive it this weekend. Hope Xray C-hub and steering block can stand my beating

Here are a few shots I took before it can not be identified in a few weeks.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Adept

If you run the Xray hubs, mount the ballstud in the front hole, not rear, this will provide the same ackerman effect as the HB hubs.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Actually I prefer running the car with less Ackerman effect. The indoor asphalt I’m running is so much traction, it wasn’t even funny. The surface is so smooth. We have an indoor carpet track as well, during the peak of the carpet season and big race. I would take the same car same set up and run on this asphalt, the car would have traction roll on every turns and that’s guaranty.

I ran my Xray with a decent amount of the Ackerman effect but my inside front tire scrub too much speed off, I reduced the amount of the effect out the car felt much better.

Normally I would have about 2~3 degrees difference between outside and inside wheel. I have to admit tho I have not measure it yet. So sue me

But I will sure to try out all of the set up possible.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
Actually I prefer running the car with less Ackerman effect. The indoor asphalt I’m running is so much traction, it wasn’t even funny. The surface is so smooth. We have an indoor carpet track as well, during the peak of the carpet season and big race. I would take the same car same set up and run on this asphalt, the car would have traction roll on every turns and that’s guaranty.

I ran my Xray with a decent amount of the Ackerman effect but my inside front tire scrub too much speed off, I reduced the amount of the effect out the car felt much better.

Normally I would have about 2~3 degrees difference between outside and inside wheel. I have to admit tho I have not measure it yet. So sue me

Sure way wayyyyy too much traction the past 2 weeks and the C.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by komkit

Cool
Old 03-19-2008, 07:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
How are you cycling/charging the SMC pack? Are you heating the pack?
Just charging it like a regular pack. I don't plan on trying to heat the pack. If it doesn't run strong in regular charging then I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get performance. At the club level if I have to do that to get performance then I'll just run nitro.....LOL
Old 03-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Just charging it like a regular pack. I don't plan on trying to heat the pack. If it doesn't run strong in regular charging then I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get performance. At the club level if I have to do that to get performance then I'll just run nitro.....LOL
Let me know how the pack works out Because im running Orion 3600 now and i like how u can plug in from the top extra C's is never a bad thing but if u can not see a improvment then i well just pick up another Orion 3600
Old 03-19-2008, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

what are those weights you added to the battery? just lead weights heat shrinked? where did you get it?
Old 03-19-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iceman76
Let me know how the pack works out Because im running Orion 3600 now and i like how u can plug in from the top extra C's is never a bad thing but if u can not see a improvment then i well just pick up another Orion 3600
will do. I'm sure someone like Paul L. could tell the difference but I'm not up to his level and my laptimes were exactly the same. I did this running 10.5 but this weekend will be all mod testing for the Reedy race. I will fill you in on punch out of the corners and overall feel of the car. Laptimes will also be carefully looked at.

Here are a couple of pics of the custom lead weights shooo gooed to my Orion 4800 the pack is still lighter than a nihm but I have other custom lead pieces to place on the car to bring it up to Roar specs. For club racing my only concern was balancing the car from left to right.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-p3190582.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p3190583.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.