Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Actually just reading through some old posts people said those arms were more durable not harder. I guess because there is a little more dampening in hard crashes due to the softer material.

Sorry about that.....
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thraex
John, thanks for the photo's and info, but could you tell what's more important than balance to make the car run well?

Well, normal set up options such as the usuall suspension tuning, shock oil, spring hardness, roll centers etc, shock positons etc..

There are always small little details that we never think of, but I could see Andy working on his car all the time...

for example.. the plastic black rear diff is used cause in low traction conditions it provides more grip, or at least it feals that way.

I am sure though that the ballance issue will be addressed and we might see some custom made chassis, or even production chassis. This is just off my mind.. I heard nothing of that sort...
Old 05-02-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let me get this right, guys run 6 cells and the cars are too fast waaahh . They go five cells, adjust their gearing to maintain "control". Wouldnt it be easier to adjust endpoints and gear properly? Wonder why nitro cats dont respect electric...sanctioning bodies finding ways to slow the cars down. Why dont you just go 6 cell and race 19T
Old 05-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

5 cell is a fast as 6 cell with some of the times people have been doing
Old 05-02-2007, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Let me get this right, guys run 6 cells and the cars are too fast waaahh . They go five cells, adjust their gearing to maintain "control". Wouldnt it be easier to adjust endpoints and gear properly? Wonder why nitro cats dont respect electric...sanctioning bodies finding ways to slow the cars down. Why dont you just go 6 cell and race 19T
...and your point is?
Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Obviously Stew, you cant read. I clearly stated that if you pinheads want to go slower, go down a class. And if 5 cells is as fast as 6 cell, then why not just gear properly and run 6 cells? It isnt as fast, just a bit easier to handle. How about this, quit your sniveling. I guess where you people slower is better. I thought the purpose of racing is to finish first as quick as you can. Careful driving is for old people.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Old 05-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

O dear not again
Old 05-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Charles Godwin
O dear not again
Old 05-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Aid1970
"PIT BULL" ITS ALL IN THE NAME !!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

"PIT BULL" ITS ALL IN THE NAME !!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Obviously Stew, you cant read. I clearly stated that if you pinheads want to go slower, go down a class. And if 5 cells is as fast as 6 cell, then why not just gear properly and run 6 cells? It isnt as fast, just a bit easier to handle. How about this, quit your sniveling. I guess where you people slower is better. I thought the purpose of racing is to finish first as quick as you can. Careful driving is for old people.
Okay, how about you step back and calm yourself, you don't make friends with cheap insults.
I didn't make the rules, but my country did follow the ERFA rules set out for modified.
The rules weren't set to slow the cars, but to ease the strain placed upon them by modern equipment. If you followed the Worlds coverage last year you'll have seen many driver struggling to make runs from equipment failiure.
I can't say I've ever 'sinveled' over anything, just informed a guy of why there are only 5 cells in the photo.
Well yes that is the idea of racing, but this must be done within a set of rules, the same for all drivers to give as level a playing field as possible, in Europe one of these rules is to use 5 cells, get over it.

And as for careful driving is for old people, so is moaning
Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

With all due respect, Stew is not just talking about club racers going as quick on 5 cells as they did with 6. He's talking about the very best in the country, and along with it the World Champ Andy Moore. Are you saying that Andy doesn't know how to gear his car right??
Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skill
Are you saying that Andy doesn't know how to gear his car right??
brilliant!! you da man
Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Okay, here we go. Just a quick question...about how fast is his car going, 35-40 mph if that...max. Well, here in NYC, where nitro is dominant, come out to one of our larger tracks and run 5 cells. You know what will happen? You will get smoked like a cheap cigar. Oh I forgot, you dudes only race on your lil electric tracks. Look, Andy Moore runs 5 cells yada yada, but I bet dollars to donuts he will be running Li-Po in the future. Oh wait a minute, he did on that british show where he was on a sizable track. I can go on, but you babies will whine and I dont have enuf formula for all of you. Guys who were having equipment issues were obviously pushing the limits on gearing. Funny, I line my cars up here with nitros, gear it properly and run for about 30 minutes before changing packs and NEVER THERMALLED.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.