Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 09:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
why dun you try run 1.5 is between 1-2mm

Your right I might have to try that!! Is there a big difference between the 2 hole and 3 hole pistons?
Old 12-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Daryl Silva
Your right I might have to try that!! Is there a big difference between the 2 hole and 3 hole pistons?
there was big different within 2 to 3 hole i have try to used 2 hole piston will be softer than 3 hole piston.
Old 12-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys.

Here is a recent photo of my cylcone.

For more details, including large high resolution photos click on my sig.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Adept

Aww dude that is just sweet.

Top Job
Old 12-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Just got my new HB Cyclone, the one i bought from Schreff in Bethlehem, PA. Wow! What a car- well maintained and very clean. Its perfect and in mint shape, like new...cant wait to run it. I just hope the diffs hold up. Will test it against my T2'007. I have driven both Cyclones and T2's this past year, and both cars are great. THe Cyclone is much easier to set up, simpler. It just works, quicker, and has deadly steering and corner speed. The T2 you have to work a bit more to get it to work, but once you have a good set up, it can also handle great...the T2'007 is a bit easier to set up, and T2's in general will not have diff issues, nor weak CVD's or rear ballstuds that snap...Let's see how it does against the '007.
you lucky dog!!
Old 12-28-2006, 05:48 AM
Tech Initiate

WoW¡¡¡ very clean car and good blog, Jhon. And excelent camera, of course .
By the photographies of your blog, you have great amount of spare part, you are a distributor or shop?, you can say to me where to buy those parts?, thanks in avance.

Cheers, and Merry Christmas.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Thanks xluis!

hehe.. distributor or shop!
No, I am neither of that. Just crazy, as I enjoy building the cars as much as I enjoy driving them.

This was just my annual "big" order which I only place once a year, usually before the start of the next season in order to upgrade my car/equipment.

the order was placed to RcChamp in Japan. Most of the items were not in stock, so I had to wait for 6 weeks, as TakeOff seem not to ship very often to their shops. At least thats what RCChamp told me.

Yes, I do have tons of spare parts, just because I like to change the worn out parts immediately. I mean, even if I notice a small scratch, that part is gone.. replaced by a new one asap!
I don't know, is there a name for this symptom? Since I am Greek, I will invent a word.. let me see.. "kenouriophilia" (kenourio = new, philia = friend) so there you go!

Merry Christmas to all of you and Happy New Year!
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

there is a word for you already...
perfectionist!
very nice car!

john you got pm...

Last edited by cyclone; 12-28-2006 at 06:27 AM.
Old 12-28-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Adept

John,
Great looking car. It looks like you are running 5 cell. You see much diferences in the set-up with 5 cell?
Old 12-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

hey daryl,

i run 1.5mm shims under front and rear arms.i am running the stock camber link positions with 3mm shim under the ball studs on the front and 1.5mm shim under the rear ball studs.if your running a spool go to 2mm ackerman shims instead of the 4mm.i tried 3 hole pistons and i didnt like them too much.your shock will have more pack with the 2 hole.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by protc3
hey daryl,

i run 1.5mm shims under front and rear arms.i am running the stock camber link positions with 3mm shim under the ball studs on the front and 1.5mm shim under the rear ball studs.if your running a spool go to 2mm ackerman shims instead of the 4mm.i tried 3 hole pistons and i didnt like them too much.your shock will have more pack with the 2 hole.

I am running everything you are now besides the 1.5mm shims under the arms. I will try that this weekend. Thanks for your help!! What springs are you running? I like the silver / gold the best so far. I want to try the new Hybrid springs. Josh Numan really likes those right now on his Tamiya.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

I am running everything you are now besides the 1.5mm shims under the arms. I will try that this weekend. Thanks for your help!! What springs are you running? I like the silver / gold the best so far. I want to try the new Hybrid springs. Josh Numan really likes those right now on his Tamiya.
pretty sure that he was using Tamiya yellow springs, thats what Jason had on the last Cyclone that I got from him.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:32 AM
The Evicerator

Whatup Daryl? My setup ain't good enough? j/k!

Sorry about not making it the other night... had something come up and she is much prettier than anyone at the track
Old 12-28-2006, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

John,
Great looking car. It looks like you are running 5 cell. You see much diferences in the set-up with 5 cell?
Thanks Daryl!

Yes, I am running 5 cells.
Set up wise, I haven't managed enough runs yet to provide good info.
As it is by 120 grams lighter than before, I went one degree softer on spring rate, both front and rear and the car behaved very well.
Of course everthying is relative to what the competition does, so my car might be very good, or it might be slow.

Maybe if I manage a few more runs I can provide some valid info.
Old 12-28-2006, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Evicerator
Whatup Daryl? My setup ain't good enough? j/k!

Sorry about not making it the other night... had something come up and she is much prettier than anyone at the track

No it's good. Just need some more overall traction. Don't be sorry. I would have done the same

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.