Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
They are pretty similar to sorex. I feel on the first run they are faster than brand new sorexs... but after that they feel pretty equal. I remember running the MM absolutes when I ran for Much More in the past. They work really well too, but justg about any tire worked at the track I ran them at. It was a super high bite indoor asphalt track that made any tire really good!

-Korey
My main track is large, outdoor asphalt, and a little bumpy in a few spots.
Please have a look at the link below (I think you can see it from space!!).

http://www.nearmap.com/[email protected]&nmd=20100216

Cheers
Old 07-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BLUE 2
Hi

Any chance of a better pic of that setup sheet ? ( can't read the full settings )

Or can you just write the setup on this

Thanks
a new (larger) one will be posted soon.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think in modified it can help. It keeps the front end from diving so much under braking which seems to make the car a little more stable to me.

-Korey
Ok, thanks. I run stock, but were i live stock is 9.5t, so i have to give it a try
Old 07-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi

Any chance of a better pic of that setup sheet ? ( can't read the full settings )

Or can you just write the setup on this

Thanks
Here ya go!
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-parking-lot-06032010big.jpg  
Old 07-06-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Here ya go!
Hi

Thanks for that

Do you get any front tyre grooving on the inside with this setup ?

Thanks
Old 07-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Honestly... I get it with every setup. I've never had a car that didn't do it, so I don't pay attention to it anymore.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

On the settings that Korey has used.. what does it do to the rear of the car when you swap the shims in the rear hub / rear arm joint. Does it increase the wheel base and make it less prone to spin from the rear as there is less weight behind the wheel?? or does it do something else.. I usually have the standard settings here which is 2mm at the rear and .7 at the front on the hub joint (don't know what else to call tha area)..

I will give it a go next meet but just want to see what affects on handling I should be looking out for..

Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
ok guys i have a question

what effect does that little piece of foam above the bladder have on how the shock works
compared to not using it
compared to using an oring above the bladder

anyone ???
Old 07-07-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi

Thanks for that

Do you get any front tyre grooving on the inside with this setup ?

Thanks
It seems to depend a lot on the tire, doesn't matter what car. Maybe something to do with the insert/tire combos.
Old 07-07-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by warnos
On the settings that Korey has used.. what does it do to the rear of the car when you swap the shims in the rear hub / rear arm joint. Does it increase the wheel base and make it less prone to spin from the rear as there is less weight behind the wheel?? or does it do something else.. I usually have the standard settings here which is 2mm at the rear and .7 at the front on the hub joint (don't know what else to call tha area)..

I will give it a go next meet but just want to see what affects on handling I should be looking out for..

Thanks
When I lengthen the wheel base in the rear at the inner hinge pins, the car is usually a little smoother on entry into the corner, and has a little bit more mid-exit steering. Shortening it does the exact opposite. A little bit better entry steering, and less mid-exit on tighter corners.

When I change wheelbase at the hub, it seems to do act a little bit different. I don't notice much change in how much steering the car has, but I notice more about the forward grip the car has. Shorter... more forward grip. Longer... less forward grip. I think it has something to do with the driveshaft angle more than anything, but honestly I almost never play with these adjustments. I leave it all stock pretty much.

In the front I slam the arms all the way back (all shims in front of the arm) to give the shortest wheelbase from the front. Seems like it gives it a little bit more of an edgy feeling (which I like). If you just want to give the car that nice Caddilac feel... lengthen the front.

You might feel something different. Just give it a shot and see what you think. That is what I have found to work for me.

-Korey
Old 07-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RaceAce701
anyone ???
Usually it effects how stiff the bladder is and how much rebound will result. Foam is obviously softer than the orings, so it shoul dhave a less aggressive effect. When I run the foam, I usually get a little more rebound than if I didnt use it. I feel it also makes the shock pack up a little quicker since the bladder won't be deflecting as much. This forces the oil through the piston, rather than just moving up the shock body if the bladder were to deflect.

Right now, I usually run zero rebound. I drill a small 1mm hole in the shock cap and dont run any foam. Usually when I build shocks they get a tiny bit of rebound, then it goes away after the first run. Seems to work pretty good for me!

-Korey
Old 07-07-2010, 05:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

thanks abunch that was exactly was i was looking for

ur the best
Old 07-08-2010, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

50% off 3racing Cyclone part closeout at Speedtech!
Old 07-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Usually it effects how stiff the bladder is and how much rebound will result. Foam is obviously softer than the orings, so it shoul dhave a less aggressive effect. When I run the foam, I usually get a little more rebound than if I didnt use it. I feel it also makes the shock pack up a little quicker since the bladder won't be deflecting as much. This forces the oil through the piston, rather than just moving up the shock body if the bladder were to deflect.

Right now, I usually run zero rebound. I drill a small 1mm hole in the shock cap and dont run any foam. Usually when I build shocks they get a tiny bit of rebound, then it goes away after the first run. Seems to work pretty good for me!

-Korey

Hi Korey, I'm assuming this is for asphault. Would you drill the cap for carpet of average grip ?
Thanks.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default First time on rubber

Hi could somebody please help me
this is my first time racing on rubber tyres
the tyres we use are spec tyres the problem is the car is very loose at the back on and off power after the first 2 min
here is my setup
thanks
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-cyclone-starting-setup-first-time-rubber1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.