Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott B
Congratulations to Team HB's drivers Leo and Hiro for making the A main in open mod at the Reedy race with Leo finishing 2nd and Hiro 7th!!

http://www.pro-spec.jp/REEDY_RACE201...IMG_5311-L.jpg
this??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congratulations to Team HB's drivers Leo and Hiro for making the A main in open mod at the Reedy race with Leo finishing 2nd and Hiro 7th!!

http://www.pro-spec.jp/REEDY_RACE201...IMG_5311-L.jpg
Thanks Scott. It was great to see you there too! I wish you could have raced there though.

I have tried prototype chassis at the reedy this year that we made for testing purpose but as result, i figured that the main chassis that comes with the kit is very good.

I'm sure everybody will be happy with the TCX.
Old 06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Coldn
this??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Yup thats one of the triple A main vidoes!!
Old 06-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
Thanks Scott. It was great to see you there too! I wish you could have raced there though.

I have tried prototype chassis at the reedy this year that we made for testing purpose but as result, i figured that the main chassis that comes with the kit is very good.

I'm sure everybody will be happy with the TCX.
Who all ran the TCX at the Reedy race Hiro?

What did the drivers that ran the TCX think about the longer upper links you get as a result of new narrower bulkhead positions?

Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Who all ran the TCX at the Reedy race Hiro?

What did the drivers that ran the TCX think about the longer upper links you get as a result of new narrower bulkhead positions?

Thanks
Hello ShaunMac,

I was the only guy who ran the TCX at the reedy. The longer camber link is one of the biggest features on the TCX i think. It will provide wider range of setup sweet spot and actually generates consistent overall traction under the acceleration especially at high speed cornering.

Also, narrower bulkhead positions allow it to have extra chassis flex for sideways which gives the car to have more corner speed.

Thanks,
Old 06-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Master

Hello ShaunMac,

I was the only guy who ran the TCX at the reedy. The longer camber link is one of the biggest features on the TCX i think. It will provide wider range of setup sweet spot and actually generates consistent overall traction under the acceleration especially at high speed cornering.

Also, narrower bulkhead positions allow it to have extra chassis flex for sideways which gives the car to have more corner speed.

Thanks,
Car looked good Hiro.

Also Hiro, You should have my address to send me one of your two TCX's, you don't need two now that the Reedy is over.

Thanks,
Old 06-02-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks again Scott.
I wish i could send you a car, but i still have many things that need to be tested. I'm really hoping that the shipment will arrive here before the national so you can run the TCX.

I think team HB will be very strong at the national as we will have you and korey again.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Thanks again Scott.
I wish i could send you a car, but i still have many things that need to be tested. I'm really hoping that the shipment will arrive here before the national so you can run the TCX.

I think team HB will be very strong at the national as we will have you and korey again.

Don't forget Clint, wait I'm not sure if that would help or hurt the team??? Atleast he will be good entertainment!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Don't forget Clint, wait I'm not sure if that would help or hurt the team??? Atleast he will be good entertainment!!!
Old 06-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

I know I've been MIA for a while, but I figured I'd show you guys what I've been doing at school in my absence. As some of you know, I'm going to school studying Plastics and Vehicle Engineering that takes up a lot of my time from racing. I'm just finishing up a surface modeling class and for my project I created a 3D surface model of a Mazda RX-7. I modified it and designed my own rear wing, rear wing supports, front bumper, side skirts, headlights and tire/wheel package. After designing the additional parts, I had to blend and integrate them into the model. All done in CATIA V5 in the Generative Shape Design workbench for those of you that know the program. It's not perfect, but I still think it came out pretty good. I'm going to massage it over the summer and see if I can get it any better and add more detail. I'll probably make a better rear wing... I'm not happy with it. Enjoy!

-Korey
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-isomazda.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-bumperheadlightblend.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-side.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-front.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-back.jpg  

Old 06-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ouch....that hurts
Old 06-03-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

That looks pretty cool Korey. I'd do the rear wing as a two-tier reverse-curved wing with long-ish side dams
Old 06-03-2010, 01:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Its funny... I did the wing before the car itself and figured I'd change it later. Then I realized it's all due tomorrow and never changed it!
Old 06-03-2010, 06:52 AM
Tech Regular

news for the Rear Gear Differential?
R40 Diff Fit in the Cyclone?
Rcmarket help!
Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

anybody looking for a foam chassis set

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.