Hot Bodies Cyclone >

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Old 10-04-2009, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Not a bad deal at all.
Thanks! I've been pondering over this purchase of a new tc for some time now and I'd finally narrowed it down to the cyclone s fitting into what I could afford without selling any of my d8s. I wouldve ended up upgrading the s further down the line anyways so why not go ahead and get the tc for the same price range. I was just curious to know what a tc roller by itself went for. I've seen quite a few Moore speed cyclones on here but I've only seen one tc and it actually needed a new chassis but the guy still got $200-225 for it, can't quite remember the price.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Thanks! I've been pondering over this purchase of a new tc for some time now and I'd finally narrowed it down to the cyclone s fitting into what I could afford without selling any of my d8s. I wouldve ended up upgrading the s further down the line anyways so why not go ahead and get the tc for the same price range. I was just curious to know what a tc roller by itself went for. I've seen quite a few Moore speed cyclones on here but I've only seen one tc and it actually needed a new chassis but the guy still got $200-225 for it, can't quite remember the price.
I think around $250 for a well taken care of TC is a fair price on both ends.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

You got a good deal. I have the S and wish that I had just gone ahead and bought the TC.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
here is a good one guys.... while during the Paved Nats, extremely high bite, why would a standard hara rear shock tower (lower) opposed to standard moorespeed shock tower make a differance?? lower opposed to higher... i noticed moorespeed being taller had more preload on the springs like more suspension travel? my car wanted to lift a lot more, then noticed a buddy had been running the hara rear tower, by default, giving less rear shock travel, and didnt lift as much as mine was.............i did read with a lower tower, less camber gain? anyone?

btw, my car was a lot more easier to drive, and didnt lift anymore???
I don't have the combo as you have but I have experience with Hara's shocks tower mounts with TC shocks tower which it makes the overall shocks position 2mm lower than the orignal position. So, the shocks oil was too pack to the bladder since the piston is 2mm higher ( closer to the bladder) and it will affect to the rebound. As for your case is similar but just in the other way which is the shocks was in higher position than if you use Hara's shocks tower, so it suppose will give you little more roll and it shouldn't affect any camber change. Hope it's give you a little idea.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Can someone do me a favor. Take some measurements of the dogbones/axles for me.

I would like to know the distance from where the axle rides on the inner bearing to the center of the pin that holds the hex on, also the distance from where the axle rides on the inner bearing to the middle of the ball on the dogbone.

Also the diameter of the ball on the end of the dogbone and the diameter of the pin on the dogbone.

If someone could post or pm those measurements I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 10-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Protus
You got a good deal. I have the S and wish that I had just gone ahead and bought the TC.
What do you not like about the cyclone s? I was looking at getting one for my wife to run, as she is actually expressing interest in touring cars. Possibly looking at one as well for a vta car. Would I do better to just wait and try to find a decent cyclone tc or Moore speed? I've never ran a car that didn't have a carbon fiber chassis, so is it really that big of a difference? I'd still be inclined to say that for the price of the cyclone s, it seems to be a great car!
Old 10-04-2009, 06:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
I don't have the combo as you have but I have experience with Hara's shocks tower mounts with TC shocks tower which it makes the overall shocks position 2mm lower than the orignal position. So, the shocks oil was too pack to the bladder since the piston is 2mm higher ( closer to the bladder) and it will affect to the rebound. As for your case is similar but just in the other way which is the shocks was in higher position than if you use Hara's shocks tower, so it suppose will give you little more roll and it shouldn't affect any camber change. Hope it's give you a little idea.

thanks for the responses... yes the rear tower was Hara(5 mounting positions) on our Moorespeed... it did put the piston probably 2-3mm towards the bladder....
Actually it was not used as a tuning option, it was by accident... but i did look at a buddy's car... the X**Y, his shocks are also short... and now compared, the travel looks to be similar....

Now i was just thinking, with a high bite surface, carpet or asphalt, look for a setup with the lower shock towers.... perhaps TC towers, on the Moorespeeds??? gotta try it at high bite and see.....

something to think about.....
Old 10-04-2009, 11:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hiro has tried that combo in the past and liked it in high grip conditions. He wasn't sure what the exact difference was, but the car was a tick faster for him. I personally haven't tried it. I haven't really had a need to do so lol.

-Korey
Old 10-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3 racer sc
hey rodney ur on the wrong page buddy what up ru coming to rockhill
Yeah Reg missed the Nats so I will be there for the series race for sure.

Rod
Old 10-05-2009, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Hiro has tried that combo in the past and liked it in high grip conditions. He wasn't sure what the exact difference was, but the car was a tick faster for him. I personally haven't tried it. I haven't really had a need to do so lol.

-Korey
Paved NATS was fun, traction was really really really high. Traction roll during 3rd and 4th Qual missed the show by 2 points.

RCfreak and I were running WCE chassis and we were running high roll center. Then we decided to tried low roll center and got rid of traction roll by 90%
Old 10-05-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Looking for DCJ driveshafts for Photon?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
What do you not like about the cyclone s? I was looking at getting one for my wife to run, as she is actually expressing interest in touring cars. Possibly looking at one as well for a vta car. Would I do better to just wait and try to find a decent cyclone tc or Moore speed? I've never ran a car that didn't have a carbon fiber chassis, so is it really that big of a difference? I'd still be inclined to say that for the price of the cyclone s, it seems to be a great car!
Now that I'm trying to think of a reason for you, I'm finding that it's more difficult than I thought it was going to be. My initial thought focused on the upgraded parts included with the TC (chassis, bulkheads, drive train). After thinking about it. It's probably better that I started out with the S. I have been slowly upgrading these parts as I break them or I get faster and there becomes a need for the upgrade. You are correct when you say that for the price the S it is a great car. It allowed me to do what I'm sure the people at Hot Bodies intended, and that was to get into RC racing with a car that is competitive right out of the box at a lower initial cost. So, with that I guess I retract my previous statement and say that the Cyclone S is and has been a great starter car for me, and it's perfect for VTA
Old 10-05-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by komkit
Paved NATS was fun, traction was really really really high. Traction roll during 3rd and 4th Qual missed the show by 2 points.

RCfreak and I were running WCE chassis and we were running high roll center. Then we decided to tried low roll center and got rid of traction roll by 90%
Yes, I think you did go right way. Normally when the car is traction rolling, you should go softer or lower the roll center.

As for the TC shock tower/WCE bulkhead combo, i have tried the combo and got very good result on high bite as Korey mentioned.
I believe the key is the piston position. It always feels quicker reaction when i use the combo....
Old 10-05-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace

I would like to know the distance from where the axle rides on the inner bearing to the center of the pin that holds the hex on, also the distance from where the axle rides on the inner bearing to the middle of the ball on the dogbone.

Also the diameter of the ball on the end of the dogbone and the diameter of the pin on the dogbone.

If someone could post or pm those measurements I would greatly appreciate it.
From inner bearing to center of hex pin = 11.25mm

From inner bearing to middle of ball = 48.5mm

Diameter of ball on dogbone = 6.25mm

Diameter of pin on dogbone = 2.5mm

These are measurements from a CVD. The DCJ should be the same.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

THank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.