Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
A lower CG is always better but you should try to equal the other side of the chassis. I would say to use the lipo tray and then stack the extra weights infront and behind the battery.
This is the first HB body that I have painted. Think the boss will be happy?
Thanks for the reply , but how tall is a lipo tray , because as i said , i trimmed 1.5 mmof the bulkhead to make the lipo fit , so im concerned that the lipo will hit the bulkhead as the lipo tray will increase the height , wouldn't it ?
By the way , i really like the body , if you painted it yourself , its real good looking .
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Thanks for the reply , but how tall is a lipo tray , because as i said , i trimmed 1.5 mmof the bulkhead to make the lipo fit , so im concerned that the lipo will hit the bulkhead as the lipo tray will increase the height , wouldn't it ?
By the way , i really like the body , if you painted it yourself , its real good looking .
Well there are a feu different kinds of lipo trays out there and they have differentd weights and dimensions. They are even made if different materals. I don't currently have one but I have a few locals that like the Nexus racing ones. Look them up. Thanks o the complaments. I do custom bodies for about 30 people. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Well there are a feu different kinds of lipo trays out there and they have differentd weights and dimensions. They are even made if different materals. I don't currently have one but I have a few locals that like the Nexus racing ones. Look them up. Thanks o the complaments. I do custom bodies for about 30 people. Thanks again.
Great , thanks for the help , il check them out , and yes , snetterton rc track is right in the doorstep of the real circuit ( GP circuit ) .
Thanks .
Old 08-25-2009, 05:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Detroitlion
Foam.
The pro spec diffs should work just fine for you on foam tire's The new arms will also be a tuning aid because of the different shock location holes on the arms.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default HB Cyclone TC for sale

Cyclone TC up for sale

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...n-3-times.html
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone got a photo of Andy Moore's cyclone at BRCA Snetterton?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomracing
phil,

how did the racing in snetterton go?
learn anything new there?

when i look at your top deck cut i seem to think it is more flex then the one andy moore ran. last time i tried a cut top deck was a std topdeck cut where the belt tensioner is. i found this to be slower then the full std deck and the full tc deck. but perhaps grip levels are different for it to work less well?

is that track right on the doorstep of the real snetterton race circuit actually?
Hi Tom,

The BRCA national at Snetteton went ok, we had the most number of cars in the main (3). Andy Moore finished 2nd, Ben Cosgrove finished 5th and I finished 8th.

I personally wasn't very happy with the setup I ended up on as it was super aggresive which made it difficult to be consistant. Tyre strategies really came into play as well!

I ended up running my car with the 1 piece topdeck, but tried a std car in one of the finals and have a feeling with some setup work it would have been better lol. I would recommend trying the cut topdecks in lower grip conditions and sticking with the std ones when the grip is medium/high.

As others have said the RC track is on the same site as the full size circuit yes .
Old 08-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I used to race quite a lot around 5 years ago, then dropped out of the hobby to take up real car racing (drifting). I've since been gaining interest back in RC, to the point now where I'm really enthusiastic and I'm dying to take it up again. After a lot of research, I've got my heart set on a Cyclone. I was all set to buy a TC at next payday, but I've recently just located a brand new Hara edition for sale. I'm now confused about what to do. Both cars have their positives and negatives for me from what I can see, but I still can't decide. Which logically would you guys say the better car is on paper? Can anyone with experience give me an insight into the best choice? I'm currently thinking of buying the Hara now (being discontinued and all), then maybe picking up a TC later when I can afford it. What would you reccomend?

Also (off topic of Cyclones, sorry) I've still got a lot of my old gear, including a Novak TC Cyclone 2, and an LRP IPC V7.1, which were pretty much the best speedo's available back when I was active. Obviously these only work with brushed motors. At the very least I'll have to buy myself a new motor (along with a new set of batteries, but thats a different story) but would I be handicapping myself by not getting a brushless setup? Is there much difference between a brushed motor and an equivilant brushless? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hopelessly out of date with all this stuff now. Starting to pick it all up again slowly though. Thanks very much for any replies guys.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Andy_F
Hi all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I used to race quite a lot around 5 years ago, then dropped out of the hobby to take up real car racing (drifting). I've since been gaining interest back in RC, to the point now where I'm really enthusiastic and I'm dying to take it up again. After a lot of research, I've got my heart set on a Cyclone. I was all set to buy a TC at next payday, but I've recently just located a brand new Hara edition for sale. I'm now confused about what to do. Both cars have their positives and negatives for me from what I can see, but I still can't decide. Which logically would you guys say the better car is on paper? Can anyone with experience give me an insight into the best choice? I'm currently thinking of buying the Hara now (being discontinued and all), then maybe picking up a TC later when I can afford it. What would you reccomend?

Also (off topic of Cyclones, sorry) I've still got a lot of my old gear, including a Novak TC Cyclone 2, and an LRP IPC V7.1, which were pretty much the best speedo's available back when I was active. Obviously these only work with brushed motors. At the very least I'll have to buy myself a new motor (along with a new set of batteries, but thats a different story) but would I be handicapping myself by not getting a brushless setup? Is there much difference between a brushed motor and an equivilant brushless? Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hopelessly out of date with all this stuff now. Starting to pick it all up again slowly though. Thanks very much for any replies guys.
Hi Andy
Well 5 years is a very long time being out of the game but its good to hear you have the bug again, once an RC Racer always an RC Racer eh

Well you speak of buying the Hara edition, and would be a good starting point to get back into the sport, and is reletivley easy to get spares. The trouble atm is finding a TC anyway, so go with the Hara for now.
Re, the electrics, well now we go into a whole new eara on this one, but I guess it depends on what class your talking about doing, but I would go for the GM120 esc, very reliable, and has stacks of power, and best of all,'Timming advance' for your motors, especially for 13.5 and 10.5
Well I hope ive helped you make your mind up, and I see you are UK driver, not sure where though, but maybe you would like to come try your hand at the 09/2010 Much More Rug Racer series
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 08-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Spur / Pinion combo

For the IIC, 17.5 foam class w/60mm tires. I just got the car and need a suggestion about spur/pinion gears for this race.
Old 08-26-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kazzamoto
For the IIC, 17.5 foam class w/60mm tires. I just got the car and need a suggestion about spur/pinion gears for this race.
Hello Kazzamoto,

The good starting point for 17.5 is around 4.2 FDR if you have 18 teeth center pulleys ( 92 spur / 47 pinion x 2.16666 internal ). But it's depends on what ESC and motor combo you gonna use.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thank you.... KEWL! Yes, 18T.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys, im thinkin of buying a cyclone S what is is capable of can it hit the track? Im not a racer but would like to hit the track from time to time.

Can the cyclone s handle brushless if so what set up would be good?

Thank guys
Old 08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default XRay T2 parts

I was racing my Cyclone S for the first time last night and broke one of my C-hubs. a fellow racer offered me a C-hub from an Xray T2 and it worked fine. Has anyone else had experience using Xray parts and if so which ones. I've found that the original plastic parts are not very strong or durable. I have decided that I will upgrade parts on a need by need basis. Should I try to stay with the HB/HPI Carbon Graphite parts or use the Xray Composite parts where I can?

Also, I need to do something with the front drive. I'm running VTA on asphalt. Should I go with a Solid Spool Axle or a One-way Differential (or are they the same thing?) I see them listed in different places with both names but, they look functionally the same. Hot Bodies also sells it in 3 different versions, One Way Diff - HBS61402 and Solid Spool Axle - HBS61334 and then just Solid Axle - HBS61086.

Can anyone help with any of this?
Old 08-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phil C
Hi Tom,

The BRCA national at Snetteton went ok, we had the most number of cars in the main (3). Andy Moore finished 2nd, Ben Cosgrove finished 5th and I finished 8th.

I personally wasn't very happy with the setup I ended up on as it was super aggresive which made it difficult to be consistant. Tyre strategies really came into play as well!

I ended up running my car with the 1 piece topdeck, but tried a std car in one of the finals and have a feeling with some setup work it would have been better lol. I would recommend trying the cut topdecks in lower grip conditions and sticking with the std ones when the grip is medium/high.

As others have said the RC track is on the same site as the full size circuit yes .

Hi Phil, can you please post the setups you guys ran at the euros?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.