Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am testing different combinations of inserts and wheels with Sorex tires in my Cyclone TC, and I found that the inserts and wheels combinations can make quite dramatic differences. Can someone share your experience with Sorex tires?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Joshy T
hey guys.

i drift a cyclone moorespeed WCE, i just broke the screw in my front diff from overtightening and decided to replace it with a solid diff, unfortunately, i seem to have stumbled into a problem.

when i give the car a decent amount of lock under power, i get a violent vibration from what i think is the CVD's, its not a chatter, it is about to rip itself apart. a few other guys i drift with have this same problem with their cyclones, but mine is far FAR worse then any of theirs, i cant think of what the problem could be

cant drift with a car thats going to destroy itself 2 corners into a comp

<edit> btw, i didnt have this problem using a open ball diff in the front end, i changed to spool because the diff broke, now this is happening </edit

any help would be appreciated.

-Joshy T
Originally Posted by adri-13
hello i hav the same problem. It's the belt whitch vibrate. You put the belt tensioner for limit the vibrate. The problem Appears when you make turn the wheel in the acceleration.
It just a common chatter problem on running spool. Put a bit more heavy grease on the out drive and reduce the dual rate on your radio, try again on the track ( not holding it by hand or something ), it should be fine, it's happened on most other brands.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks for the reply's, i do have a tensioner, ill put it on and give it a go.

btw, my friends car does run a tentioner and mine didnt, he had alot less vibration then me, tentioner makes sence, its the only real difference between out cars.

<edit>Speeling</edit>

Last edited by Joshy T; 04-25-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,
Old 04-25-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Hi guys,

Just received the Cyclone S with a lot of upgrades that i bought on ebay. Im very happy because all the seller published was true, the car its NEW and UNUSED. All the upgrades mentiones were inn, and the stock parts were on a separate bag.

The thing is that comes with center pulley 18T, how thats affect the pinion and spur selection ?

I ordered a couple of pinions and spur from Kawada based on gearchart.com, pinions 32, 34 and 36 and spurs 66, 68 and 70

I assume the tranny ratio from gearchart.com its considering stock 16T central pulley ... so i dont know if the pinions and spurs i bought will work good or not with the 18T pulley.

This car will be raced on 13.5 brushless (novak) and 6 NiMH batts (maxamps 4.700mah)

thanks,

Go to gearchart.com again but after you select the Cyclone just change the drive ratio to 2.1667 instead of the 2.4375 and you will have a chart for the 18t pulleys.
Old 04-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott B
Go to gearchart.com again but after you select the Cyclone just change the drive ratio to 2.1667 instead of the 2.4375 and you will have a chart for the 18t pulleys.

Arrrrghhh i just did it thanks ... i think the pinions and spurs i bought will not work for me damn !!!

With 70 spur and 32 pinion FDR = 4.75 i think its a good start, because all other combinations give me under 4.5 of FDR ...

Which would be the ideal FDR for 13.5 nimh brushless racing ?

thanks,
Old 04-26-2009, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Place to order Cyclone parts

Guys, who else online oversea or in US have a lot of Cyclone part?

I have been using RCMARKET a few times, I have no problem with the place. Only problem I have was their web site are just too slow. So far I am trying to complete my order since Friday but unable to do so.

From Friday afternoon, Saturday night and now Sunday morning I was only able to put 7 items in my shopping cart LOL.

Who have problem browsing RCMARKET.COM.HK?

It can't be just me. I have a hard time browsing it from home and work.

I think their hosting company suck.

Now back to the original question, who got lot of cyclone parts online. Cost a bit more than RCMARKET is ok as long as I don't have to wait 20 min to load up one stinking page then found out that I item I just clicked is SOLD OUT

I am willing to stick with RCMARKET but guy in US what time you normally order stuff from them? Maybe their hosting company is not overload.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Komkit

I tried to order from that store too and it's impossible man

So I'm ordering all from amainhobbies no problem

Cya
Old 04-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

you can also try emailing champ r/c in Japan. Pretty much everything in stock or they order it and have it in 1 day. Their prices are untouchable, you pay in yen using paypal. Send an email with the part numbers you need.

[email protected]
Old 04-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default putting on new belts their tight

hhey guys im putting on new belts on my cyclone and their very tight what i need to do it been a while since i change them im switching chassis from bmi carpet to asphalt what can be wrong thxs reggie
Old 04-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tabushi
Komkit

I tried to order from that store too and it's impossible man

So I'm ordering all from amainhobbies no problem

Cya
Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
you can also try emailing champ r/c in Japan. Pretty much everything in stock or they order it and have it in 1 day. Their prices are untouchable, you pay in yen using paypal. Send an email with the part numbers you need.

[email protected]

Yeah, I was trying to complete the order but at the end I gave up and canceled the order roughly $113. Oh, well their lost. Took total of 3 hrs to put 9 items in to my cart..... That have got to be a record.

I was trying to get some parts for my WCE Cyclone. I have another brand new WCE kit that I was saving it for rainy day didn't want to open it up... oh well here come the exacto knife

I never order anything from the RC champ before, never like their ordering system. I like to see it, click it, add it to the cart. I bought stuffs that way and the easier they make it for me the easier my money fly out of my pocket sometime I bought stuff I was never going to need it but I even don't know why in the hell I bought it. Perhaps they made it easy for me to click
Old 04-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Elite

i think its much easier to email them the part numbers you want and then they actually tell you the part is in stock, they give you the price, you pay, they ship. Simple, fast effective.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Yeah, I guess it would work that way too.

Often I was just look around and buy things I don't need, just because I saw it. That is just the way I am. When I walk in to Best Buy just because I have nothing to do then I would walk out with some stuff I don't know what I need them for LOL just because it was there for me to see.

I browse online, then ummm that shim look cool...click! ummmm, oh - I got to have that wheel nut, I like the colour...click! ummmm heard good thing about that motor on RCtech ..... click!

you see what I mean.

I will check out A main hobbies though.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

haha i've done that before too, we all have Im sure
Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

Go guys

With the use of 18t central pulley wich belts do I have to use ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.