Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by King of B Main
Guys, alot of guys here in Socal have already tried this conversion...In my opinion the stock cvd work better, you get more traction.. The LCD work better on really high bite. Also you have to use the losi hub carrier which widens your car out alot, over 190mm. Most guys went back to cvds.
Yes CVD is ok !
my friend Losi car LCD easy to broke !
Old 03-23-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
That's why Hara is so FAST. Little metal body braces!

yep - everyone buy these $25 gizmos and we'll all shave 0.3s off our laptimes and get into consistency factors of <0.2s

Paul
Old 03-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XxRONNxX
anyone using aluminum c-hubs or knuckles? If so, any feedback?
I put HPI aluminum knuckles on my pro4 4 years ago and moved them to my Cyclone 3 years ago when I got it, It's nice to never have to buy knuckles again.
I think the stock C-hubs last a long time using alu. knuckles, they seem to reinforce the C-hub because I almost never brake them.
I don't like alu. C-hubs, they can twist and it's hard to tell if there bent just a little.

Last edited by Lazer Guy; 03-24-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

I have both on a drift car and I just had to bend one of the Cs, it was letting the hub move up and down about .040. I don't know how old it is or what kind of life it has had but the bushing to C is worn enough to notice. I almost but plastic Cs on it yesterday before I fixed the up and down pay.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DG Designs
Did this conversion 18 months ago, but remember Losi have imperial fixings, and Hotbodies is metric, when I did this no one took note, but the geometry is different and therefor the steering was different, in fact no steering
Cheers Malc
Old 03-23-2009, 12:48 PM
Tech Rookie

I have something similar for sale
Old 03-24-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Adept

hara's setup from the titc2009 as linked on hpi-express
the springs are silver(302) both front and rear
http://www.hpiracing.co.jp/contents/..._tc_090222.pdf
Old 03-24-2009, 05:52 AM
Tech Adept

whilst talking about setups lately I have been running 1.25mm shims under all suspension blocks rubber on asphalt racing.
grip and balance of the car has really improved this way. on high grip tracks it might traction roll but medium to low grip i think it really helps.

any one tried this also?
Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tomracing
According to the setup from TITC 2009, he used cvd instead of the new DCJ drive shaft? Any comment?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EJ20
According to the setup from TITC 2009, he used cvd instead of the new DCJ drive shaft? Any comment?
MIP CVD
Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
Old 03-25-2009, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi , I have a WCE cyclone and my shocks are leaking , i build them properly then race and then i see that all the dust is attached to the tope and bottome of the shocks , i touch it and its oily . When i dismount the shocks i look at the amount of oil and i see that a litle bit of oil is gone .When i refill the shock of oil i compresse the shock and it has 100% rebound , but when i compresse it a second time , i see some oil coming out of the top , then it has only 80% rebound then i recompresse and even more oil come out , and there is only 50% rebound .
I keep getting this probleme , i thought of buying the tamiya TRF or the XRAY shocks , will they fix the probleme ?
Thanks .
You may want to purchase the shocks for the TC version, as these are far better, and don't leak.
Malc
Old 03-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomracing
I have that setup on my car now but I've been using 4mm Ackerman spacers.......I would like to know what difference on the track I should see/feel if I change to the 2mm ackerman spacers that are used on that setup ??????
Old 03-25-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lazer Guy
I have that setup on my car now but I've been using 4mm Ackerman spacers.......I would like to know what difference on the track I should see/feel if I change to the 2mm ackerman spacers that are used on that setup ??????
Ackerman describes the difference in steering angle between the two front wheels. Increasing the ackerman effect is accomplished by moving the steering rod or link that connects to the steering rack more towards the rear of the car.
More ackerman makes the steering more consistent and smoother, especially at low speeds and in tight turns, by creating a bigger difference in steering angle between the two front wheels.

Less ackermann or no ackerman makes the steering more aggressive at high speeds. The car turns in more aggressively but it doesn't work well when either traction or cornering speeds are low. Not having enough ackerman can make the the steering feel unnatural.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

i was going to get the hpi flux 2, but i want something more competitive on the track because i think i will be doing and entering races in the future.

so i'm leaning on towards on buying a hot bodies cyclone tc.

it reminds me of the hpi pro touring car series (pro, pro 2, pro 3).

anyways i used to be in the rc scene 5 years ago and now i'm getting back into it.

i hope this forum would be some sort of help as i get back into it and help me out with questions i have in the near future

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.