Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
So i dont really get i , i have full high quality titanium , but the low profiles servos are the same weight as a normal servo , would you recomend me adding a litle bit of weight ?

Also , can someone tell me the effect of the roll center under the pivot blocks ?
I would just balance out your car. I feel it's better to have a slightly heavier car that is balanced instead of a light car that is unbalanced.

More shims (raising roll center) under the suspension blocks will create more grip for the first 10-20% of the corner, then prodive less traction throughout the rest. It will make the car "feel" more direct though, as if it has more traction. It just makes the car react really quick and stay flat through corners. I sometimes raise my roll center, in combination with softer springs to make the car create traction, but still have it corner flat and be nice and reactive. It just depends on the traction conditions though.

The opposite is true when you remove shims from the suspension blocks. It lowers the roll center, and creates less grip for the first part of the corner, but in the middle and exit of the corner it will create more grip. It will makes the car roll in the corners more. It will also transfer weight slower though, and make the car feel lazier. In foam tire racing a lot of times a lower roll center is preferred, in combination with stiffer springs. It slows weight transfer down making the car not so grabby to the point where it wants to traction roll right away. It allows the car to slowly gain grip through the corner and still remain flat with the stiffer springs.

-Korey
Old 01-19-2009, 04:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I took it to the Canadian Xray team at the 2nd leg of the WCICS series race last weekend, taking TQ and the win in SuperStock with the TC. I ended up settling on a variant of Andy Moore's IIC setup. With just a couple of adjustments it was dialed in.

I had my pit buddy guinnea pig the STLNLST setup on his ride, and it worked out well for him. It cornered much flatter than mine and carved around corners quite predictably. You weren't kidding about it being planted. I prefer my car with a bit more progressive body roll throughout the corner, so I kept what I had.
Old 01-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No but you can get a TC5 one from the company. The plate just sold though. Art swooped on it I saved on shipping
YES!! MINE!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Lipo Battery for Cyclone TC

Hi guys,

Does anyone knows which Lipo battery would fit the Cyclone TC without modification? I don't mind removing the battery tray.

I am considering the following lipos for my Cyclone TC, which do you think is the most suited for 11.5 turn stock?

1) Orion 3800MAH 30C Race Spec
2) Intellect 4200 30C
3) Intellect 3800 35C+
4) LRP 5300 28C

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone speed
Hi ,

I tried your setup STLNLST , on sunday and indeed it was way better then mine , i just went to a thicker rear roll bar and the car was perfect , i went from a 19 lapper with my setup to a 21 lapper with your setup so thanks alot it did help .

Then comes the probleme unfertunatley , whent i want to de tweak my car because it doesnt drive straight , i put my car on the tweak station and :
this sunday , the weight limit was 1500 gramms in mod , i added 35 g in front of the 5 cell pack and 20 g and the back . When i was at 1500 g , it was easy to de tweak the car , but when im going to race in 2 weeks time i was preparing the car and the weight limit will be 1425 g so i took of the weights and now the car is so hard to de tweak, im using a spirit level tweak station and if i want to get the buble in the midle or about in the midle , the ride height on the right hand side ( battery side ) is 7 mm and on the left is 5.5 as i wanted , do you guys know what i cpuld do to help it ?
Thanks for any help
Old 01-19-2009, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi guys,

Does anyone knows which Lipo battery would fit the Cyclone TC without modification? I don't mind removing the battery tray.

I am considering the following lipos for my Cyclone TC, which do you think is the most suited for 11.5 turn stock?

1) Orion 3800MAH 30C Race Spec
2) Intellect 4200 30C
3) Intellect 3800 35C+
4) LRP 5300 28C

Thanks in advance.

Orion 3800 with the Battery Tray in place.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-e61i-216-.jpg  
Old 01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
I would just balance out your car. I feel it's better to have a slightly heavier car that is balanced instead of a light car that is unbalanced.

More shims (raising roll center) under the suspension blocks will create more grip for the first 10-20% of the corner, then prodive less traction throughout the rest. It will make the car "feel" more direct though, as if it has more traction. It just makes the car react really quick and stay flat through corners. I sometimes raise my roll center, in combination with softer springs to make the car create traction, but still have it corner flat and be nice and reactive. It just depends on the traction conditions though.

The opposite is true when you remove shims from the suspension blocks. It lowers the roll center, and creates less grip for the first part of the corner, but in the middle and exit of the corner it will create more grip. It will makes the car roll in the corners more. It will also transfer weight slower though, and make the car feel lazier. In foam tire racing a lot of times a lower roll center is preferred, in combination with stiffer springs. It slows weight transfer down making the car not so grabby to the point where it wants to traction roll right away. It allows the car to slowly gain grip through the corner and still remain flat with the stiffer springs.

-Korey
OK , i will balance my car and the rol center information really helped .

Another question : what is the effect of laying or standing shocks ?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by VooDooPH
Orion 3800 with the Battery Tray in place.
Hi VooDooPH, thanks for the pic. Do you know if the LRP 5300 28C would fit the Cyclone TC? Actually the LRP Lipo is what I really want
Old 01-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by m8commando
That Sean Williams guy must know how to set up a car......LOL

I'm glad the set up is working out for everyone. Those Xtards didn't know what hit them.....
Old 01-20-2009, 03:58 PM
Tech Adept

what final drive ratio do use run with 10.5
Old 01-20-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billythekid
Hi VooDooPH, thanks for the pic. Do you know if the LRP 5300 28C would fit the Cyclone TC? Actually the LRP Lipo is what I really want
Hi billythekid... sorry but we don't get those packs here (at lease i haven't seen one being run at the local track) so I can't really say. but if you check the dimensions of the LRP pack and the Orions, it should give you a pretty good idea if they would fit. For another point of reference, the orion 4800lipos fit as well but you'd need to remove the plastic battery tray.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dan87
what final drive ratio do use run with 10.5
Old 01-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST

That's funny... for 10.5 + lipos indoor (rubber), I've seen people running anywhere from 5.8 to 6.8 with the same success, and now 5.2... I think these 10.5 have a massive sweet spot in terms of gearing, probably due to a rather flat torque curve.

Paul
Old 01-21-2009, 04:19 AM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

This is mine with an IP 5000.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1210529.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1210530.jpg   Hot Bodies Cyclone-p1210532.jpg  
Old 01-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lonestar
That's funny... for 10.5 + lipos indoor (rubber), I've seen people running anywhere from 5.8 to 6.8 with the same success, and now 5.2... I think these 10.5 have a massive sweet spot in terms of gearing, probably due to a rather flat torque curve.

Paul
It might also depend on track size. We have some pretty large tracks out here and if you were to run out here at those FDR pull over on the straight Even on the smallest track we run on 5.4 might get run but 5.2 is the sweet spot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.