Originally posted by ghoppa
rocketron

are ya' out there????

YGPM!!!!
back at ya
Old 03-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Got mine last night, had a good play with the settings, seem good, just the motor run in just doesnt work at all. If i connect it to a motor it reads 0V and then after 3 seconds or whatever gives the error message. If i dont connect the clips to anything it passes voltage to them according to the charger and then fails. Its not really such a big thing as ive got my pulsar to go alongside it.
Old 03-19-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by 429racer
Now what is strange is that after using linear charge to put in about 1000 mah's to bring up the voltage, I would switch it to step charging and it would not step charge so I would have to go back to linear charge.
I think im having similar problems to you too, i stuck a pack which ive not run for a week and a day onto the charger just now after traying it to 0.9 and storing it. When it attempted to start charging it just displayed 0.0A charge but the battery voltage was slowly going up Ive put it on my pulsar to charge now and its charging fine, ill cycle it and see. So far the charger is going on ebay or back to the shop unless it impresses. No motor run in and its picky about batterys.

Tried some cells i tested last night and it wont charge them either, useless junk plastic thing.

Last edited by berger; 03-19-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by JMBetticher
For the users of Dead-Short or if you leave your battery on the tray overnight, the voltage of your battery will be very low. With the charger you have a protection, so the charger will firstly charge at 0.1 till 5V during 3minutes.
It will allow your battery to recover the normal voltage above 5V. Then after 3 minutes, the charger will tell you "Check"
Your battery has now reach voltage above 5 volts.
Now you can start the charge as usual (but if you use step-charging, do not response yes at the question "discharge before use ?")

Procedure when using battery that have been dead short or leave overnight on a battery tray :
- Charge as usual (the screen will show 0.1A and 5V) for 3 minutes
- After 3 minutes, The charger will tell "Check"
- Now your battery has reach voltage over 5V
- Now your battery is ready to be charge Linear, Megaflex or Step
Also, regarding Motor Break-In, I have use it to run in 6 turn motors. It works (The timing should be at 0°). If you are hard-core motor tuner, you will need a MPM. It's the best friend to tune motors as it is originally use for.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by yellow15
I just received my Team Orion Advantage Charger and after using it for a while here are a few questions:

1. Is the "step charge" mode setting a global setting? i.e. not specific/related to each "battery data" presets? I got a few different batteries with different capacity, it's a pain that i have to reprogramme it everytime.

2. Is the "tickle charge" and "repeak time" setting global? can i make it different for each battery data preset? i have NiCD and also NiMH batteries.. it would be a pain if i have to go back to the manual and disable (enable) tickle charge everytime i charge a different battery.

3. What does the "battery type" value really use for? i mean if we choose Ni-mh. what is the real difference compare to i set it to "NiCD". Now, please don't tell me it's for each battery type, i want to know HOW does the charger actually use this info to handle the charge/discharge differently, as we can set the peak detection and tickle charge value separately

4. Is it possible to find out what cause the charging to stop? i.e. peak detection, temperature above preset value or capacity reach preset value.

5. is the symbol that looks like "_|_" during the step charge mode means "mega flex"?

Hope someone can answer me this questions
1. Regarding Step Charging, you can only store one setting currently.
2. The repeak charge, delay and trickle can be adjust in the charge section. I always set it on off as i prefer manualy and i never use trickle charge as well.
3. You can set 5 different peak detection in the battery as you have 5 different memories.
4. Yes, at the end of the charge. The display will tell you if the battery has been charge by: Temp, Peak or Mah
5. Yes, that's the symbol for Mega Flex
Old 03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Instructions

Anyone know where you can see or download a copy of the directions? I am considering ordering one of these and just would like to see some more input. Sounds like an excellent charger just curious as to all it can do and reccommended settings for step charging for stock, 19turn and mod.

Any information would be great,

Thanks,
Old 03-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Any advice?

I'm about to buy another charger or two.I'm currently using an Integy 16x7v6, but I'm not very happy with it. It's almost new so I probably send it in for warranty.It false peaks too often.I'm thinkin about buying a CE GFX and keeping the Integy or buying two Orion Advantages and sellin the Integy.Money isn't really an issue I just want to make sure my eighty dollar packs are getting the best charge possible.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i had an Integy 16x7v6 and ended up simply using it as a discharger because of the 30 amp capabilitys. i believe that the step charge function is very good in the Orion Advantage, the other features motor run, stop watch maybe nice BUT, oh and the 10amp discharge works well. if you want to run motors the Orion may not suit you, but it charges very good and that is the primary function. GFX ?? don' know what to say there i had an older unit previously and honestly was not impressed.

any questions please lmk

i too am thinking about a second Orion charger

ps - my Orion has not once false peaked
Old 03-22-2005, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

The Orion Advantage is a great charger and as a pure charger I would recommend both it and the Team Much more Cell Master over the GFX for their step charging and temp peak features.

If you want the vert best though go with the protrack30 with the ics, motor run-in and temp add-on modules.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know where you can see or download a copy of the directions? I am considering ordering one of these and just would like to see some more input. Sounds like an excellent charger just curious as to all it can do and reccommended settings for step charging for stock, 19turn and mod.
crash, the instructions are not going to help you at all on setups. They merely show you how to navigate through the menu, but tell you nothing about setups or charging recommendations. I got my setups and stuff from some guys on here for the step charging function. I've used it a couple weekends now and thought the step charge was cool and seemed to help a little with punch, but unless they fix the motor run in problem before you buy one make sure you have another alternative for breaking in stocks and 19turns.

hope this helps

racer-oZ
Old 03-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Tech Regular

so break in mod motor is fine but not 19t or stock?? why is it?

oh yeah the manual is really bad.. i thought my cellmaster's manual is bad.. this is even worse :/
Old 03-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Default Run In Function

I was told that Team Orion has found the problem with the motor run in problem. It is a minor problem not occuring
on all chargers and just one component has to be changed in case the prob happens. This will be done for free under warranty by Team Orion.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:13 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by yellow15
so break in mod motor is fine but not 19t or stock?? why is it?

On the modified motor, you can adjust timing to reduce amps. On the Stock motors, you can't as it is fix timing.
Old 03-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

chaini, do you have a link for an address of where you sent it in for service? Thanks!

racer-oZ
Old 03-23-2005, 04:43 AM
Tech Initiate

For all infos about services, call Team Orion USA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.