Wiki Posts
Search

Foam Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Foam Tires

Hey guys,

Got a HPI RS4 3 Evo that has chewed through it's stock rubber tires. I have been recommended to chuck some foams on, but I'm unsure which ones would suit my car and my driving. I drive up down the road out the front or in car parks and I live in Aus so it can get upto 30 degrees down to 12 degrees in the air. Hope that helps.
Old 06-10-2012, 07:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Save yourself the trouble of wasting money on foam tires. They DO provide slightly better traction at the expense of everything else. The chunk easily on roar surfaces, which usually destroys the tire, and they wear more quickly for someone who is just bashing around and having fun. This is to say nothing of how deformed them will become without a tire truing machine. Find yourself another good set of rubber tires that have more life expectancy, and go have fun.