Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

id bet it will be like the Novak race... there is a weight limit, and the wing cannot be higher than the roof of the car. Booma?

Old 08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that is correct just like the novak race
Old 08-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
id bet it will be like the Novak race... there is a weight limit, and the wing cannot be higher than the roof of the car. Booma?

You are correct sir!

Rubber 53 oz.
Foam 51 oz
Any ifmar Legal Body and the addition of the new protoform pontiac g6 (as long as they are available to the general public)

the rest of the rules will be on the site shortly.

Hope that helps
Boomer
Old 08-26-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Big Daddy Boomer
...new protoform pontiac g6 (as long as they are available to the general public)
What does this mean? If they have a booth at the track selling bodies to anyone that wants to buy one then it is legal?

This has happened before I think it is a terrible idea. It will just lead to drivers showing up and abandoning (if it is the body is the body to have) their pro painted bodies for one color quickies.

I don't see the point of allowing a new body at the last minute. Am I missing something?
Old 08-26-2005, 07:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
What does this mean? If they have a booth at the track selling bodies to anyone that wants to buy one then it is legal?

This has happened before I think it is a terrible idea. It will just lead to drivers showing up and abandoning (if it is the body is the body to have) their pro painted bodies for one color quickies.

I don't see the point of allowing a new body at the last minute. Am I missing something?
I agree Rick.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I think what boomer means is. If there is enough bodies in stock at local shops so everyone can buy. Then they will be legal, if only a select few can get them no. This is my take on what he said correct me if I am wrong.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-26-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

one color quickies.
What are we talking about here? ...after all we will be in Vegas
Old 08-26-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

I beleive what Rick is syaing that by this being the first year of this race and all the hype that it has been given. This race should have excellent magazine coverage and it'd be nice to see quality paint schemes in the coverage of the race versus seeing a bunch of one color wonders.

I agree with Rick.

E
Old 08-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
What are we talking about here? ...after all we will be in Vegas
Umm, that is not legal within the LV city limits as far as I know. But you are not that far from Reno if you want to drive up there for it. Oh wait, we are talking about painting RC bodies!!
Old 08-26-2005, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by EricF
I beleive what Rick is syaing that by this being the first year of this race and all the hype that it has been given. This race should have excellent magazine coverage and it'd be nice to see quality paint schemes in the coverage of the race versus seeing a bunch of one color wonders.

I agree with Rick.

E
That's one thing that drives me nuts. You go to a big race, or are reading coverage of a big race and you see a bunch of factory drivers running one color wonders out there on the track. It just looks like crap.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

i cant imagine that a G6 is gonna make or break it.... is it gonna be that much better than the current bodies? most of the places i talked to said it should be available in a week or so.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

One color multi color bodies are not what this is about. Rc racing is about racing your friends & others. Having several colors doesn't mean anything. Some people choose to gear more toward their driving & tuning skills. This is only my opinion on the body subject matter.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 08-26-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

To me, Pro drivers need to represent their sponsors. Their cars should look presentable. To me, that means having a good looking body on the car. Besides, most pro's are know by their paint schemes. Why do you think they all have their own schemes. For recognition.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz
One color multi color bodies are not what this is about. Rc racing is about racing your friends & others. Having several colors doesn't mean anything. Some people choose to gear more toward their driving & tuning skills. This is only my opinion on the body subject matter.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
About racing your friends and others... for most of us that may be true, but for those that have major sponser's it's not about that. It's about advertising and selling product. Maybe one color is fine, but they could at least put there sponser's stickers on.

E
Old 08-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

i was kind of thinking that most factory drivers cars are hard for me to read logo's on them anyway, unless sitting still. the schemes are very nice, and cool to look at, tho!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.