Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default tv

Is the race going to be on the outdoor channel? If so when?
Old 09-28-2005, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
Is the race going to be on the outdoor channel? If so when?
They did not give us an exact date. Here is the site Inside RC . As soon as i find out i will post it.

Side note Aaron, Hope you had a good time out there (even with the issue you had with the truck)

Hope your mouth feels better.

Boomer
Old 09-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default drink on

maybe this is why my legs were shaking the whole weekend + the no sleep thing too!!!

really---i think that this being such a big race and with limited amount of sleep before going it really hit me. i was shaking like crazy on the drivers stand.. this is the first time i raced with nothing to lean on the drivers stand.

Thanks to everyone putting up this race.. It was run awesome.. When I first looked at the heats with the exact time written next to each one, I was saying to myself that there is no way this could be run for 10+ hrs like that.. Well you guys made a believer out of me.

It was nice to meet so many people there.
Attached Thumbnails 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas-keg.jpg  
Old 09-28-2005, 12:15 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Any one got a picture of Atsushi Hara's EX-10 radio, its got all the purple bling on it? Hara edition EX-10?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yah... and how can i bling mine out in blue... his looked dialed.. others had gold.. perhaps KO will offer an upgrade...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:22 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,
I don't know, but is there a tech chart available of the A-mains, in 1/12 and 1/10?
I will be typing this stuff in tonight, so look for it soon. I have all the sponsor sheets in hand.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HarshGuy
unless you like to be hassled by airport people!! Right Dal?
My Question is........

Originally Posted by dal bains
whatever harsh--- i didnt even have that stuff, i lost diff lube/shock oil etc..!!!!!! They said it didnt say what the ingredients were on the containers..... But it was ok for harsh, just not for me.

Dal how was this trip? Did they get you again?

Boomer
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TFR
Any one got a picture of Atsushi Hara's EX-10 radio, its got all the purple bling on it? Hara edition EX-10?
i heard somewhere they will offer like 100 Hara edition Helios's with the purple stuff, but most probably wont see US shores....

seems like someone could match up some screws for the blue, tho.. would look nice, i bet.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:01 PM
Tech Adept

I HATE REAL PLAYER TOO.

As soon as you install it, it tries to hijack every file type it can so that they all launch Real Player.

I know ALL media players (Quicktime and WMP) do pretty much the same thing, but Real Player seems more sneaky about it. They seem to have more advertising garbage too.

I personally prefer Quicktime files because they play well on Macs and PC's. Most AVI files look horrible on Macs for some reason.

Anyway, here is the URL to download the free real player.

http://www.real.com/R/RDX.downloadr_...0-5GOLD_bb.exe

I would just check your "file type" settings afterward if you don't want all your media files to play through Real Player. If you are using MS Windows I would also run MSCONFIG.EXE and turn off the REAL system tray startup program too.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by G Ace
I HATE REAL PLAYER TOO.

As soon as you install it, it tries to hijack every file type it can so that they all launch Real Player.

I know ALL media players (Quicktime and WMP) do pretty much the same thing, but Real Player seems more sneaky about it. They seem to have more advertising garbage too.

I personally prefer Quicktime files because they play well on Macs and PC's. Most AVI files look horrible on Macs for some reason.

Anyway, here is the URL to download the free real player.

http://www.real.com/R/RDX.downloadr_...0-5GOLD_bb.exe

I would just check your "file type" settings afterward if you don't want all your media files to play through Real Player. If you are using MS Windows I would also go into MSCONFIG.EXE and turn off the REAL system tray startup program too.

Acey quit whining and find something to do.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:20 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Turbonium
i heard somewhere they will offer like 100 Hara edition Helios's with the purple stuff, but most probably wont see US shores....

seems like someone could match up some screws for the blue, tho.. would look nice, i bet.
Here are two pictures I saw on another forum, is there a clearer picture?
Attached Thumbnails 2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas-atsushi_1127921676.jpg   2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas-top3_1127921661.jpg  
Old 09-28-2005, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Scotty & Boomer:
The boys are back home, and are very happy about how the race was. They just have one little request for next year, and thatīs a bit more practice.
See it as feedback. No complaints.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg
Scotty & Boomer:
The boys are back home, and are very happy about how the race was. They just have one little request for next year, and thatīs a bit more practice.
See it as feedback. No complaints.
Thank you Anders
I am glad they got home ok. Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully you can come along next year!

Boomer
Old 09-28-2005, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Well, what can I say...
Sitting here listening to Scotty was great, but just not enough. I will do my best! No to mention the Margarita inn. Man, thatīs a place I like without never been there yet
Old 09-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Video Options

There are plenty of video players that will handle Real that don't cause much grief. Here's a start:

Windows:
Media Player Classic
K-Lite Codec Pack

Mac: (the real player for Mac isn't terrible)
VLC (great for avi's, usually DivX, that don't work)

Xine is pretty nice too. As with anything, read about this and try them at your own risk.

There are a LOT of different codecs in use for video on the Internet. Most people don't understand them all. Most people thing the one that works for them is the one that's right. Most people are wrong about that. It's really quite a problem on the Internet, and unfortunately, the best thing you can do at this point is have a number of different media players for your platform, and find one that works best for whatever video format you're dealing with at the time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.