GQ sponsored driver program - Now Open!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GQ sponsored driver program - Now Open!

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 04:30 AM
Tech Regular

710 We are running outside now. The track was sprayed much more this weekend and grip was high. It was so sticky you cound feel/ hear your shoes on the asphalt. I didn't notice any unusuall wear on my 37 frt and 32 rears. I even cut them all to make them all even. Juan- I know who you are, I know what you drive Whimp, no I was born in FL. It was freakin cold Sat. nite, but it was fun! Ray
Old 05-18-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys...I'll be running my car again this weekend on an older asphalt surface so I expect to really test durability on the tires. The track is known to eat foams for lunch
Old 05-18-2005, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Ray,

A possible answer to your question about the quick wear could have been you were to soft for the track....If the track had that much traction you should have probably been running a slightly hard compound setup (40 F / 37 R)...If you are too soft and you are able to put down all the power the car has because of the traction it will severly increase your wear rate.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just wanted to ad something to TigerRyans comments. You said you ran full sized tires. Tire wear gets less the smaller your tires get. The foam becomes more dense. If you run full size tires you will wear them very quickly and usually not evenly. You also run the risk of having them chunk easier. And the side walls will flex. Its much like real cars. Low profile tires are what you want for racing. Hope this helps. Hey Kaybo and Ryan, congrats on the sponsorship!
Old 05-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally posted by Bob Barry
Just wanted to ad something to TigerRyans comments. You said you ran full sized tires. Tire wear gets less the smaller your tires get. The foam becomes more dense. If you run full size tires you will wear them very quickly and usually not evenly. You also run the risk of having them chunk easier. And the side walls will flex. Its much like real cars. Low profile tires are what you want for racing. Hope this helps. Hey Kaybo and Ryan, congrats on the sponsorship!
Old 05-22-2005, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Well, got to run my nitro again today....Had a rough day qualifying, didn't finish a single run....1st and 2nd runs the same guy broke me both runs....and the same way both times....the guy must have forgot his car had breaks, or they were optional on that model of nitro car...either way he took me out twice...Third run in my hast in fixing the car I didnt quite crank down on the motor screws enough or the loctite hadn't set yet, but my motor moved stripping first gear so I was relegated to a B-Main run....The time I put down in the B-Main was good enough to TQ the A-Main, the run was a solo run as the other competitor went out of the competition so I had alot of track space, but I knew the car and tires were A-Main material....

I also gave a set of tires to one of the A-Main drivers who was out of tires for his car heading into the race, he had a great run and was ultra pleased with the performance of the tires, he wanted info on ordering so I point him over to Joseph and the website

Won't be running for a couple of weeks now, got a family trip coming up so I need to take stock of my tires for the rest of outdoor season
Old 05-23-2005, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TigeRyan
Well, got to run my nitro again today....Had a rough day qualifying, didn't finish a single run....1st and 2nd runs the same guy broke me both runs....and the same way both times....the guy must have forgot his car had breaks, or they were optional on that model of nitro car...either way he took me out twice...Third run in my hast in fixing the car I didnt quite crank down on the motor screws enough or the loctite hadn't set yet, but my motor moved stripping first gear so I was relegated to a B-Main run....The time I put down in the B-Main was good enough to TQ the A-Main, the run was a solo run as the other competitor went out of the competition so I had alot of track space, but I knew the car and tires were A-Main material....

I also gave a set of tires to one of the A-Main drivers who was out of tires for his car heading into the race, he had a great run and was ultra pleased with the performance of the tires, he wanted info on ordering so I point him over to Joseph and the website

Won't be running for a couple of weeks now, got a family trip coming up so I need to take stock of my tires for the rest of outdoor season
What's up Tige what track were you racing @
Old 05-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Was at the Alpine Lounge.....My next race will be the eXpress Race at Jackson R/C....Will be there with my RV for the weekend
Old 05-23-2005, 08:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

ZHey Tige are you reffering to the June event. If so I will see ya there
Old 05-23-2005, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Yeah man....Thats the event...Got my registration going in the mail tomorrow Stock Touring / Mod Nitro
Old 05-24-2005, 03:49 AM
Tech Regular

Hello all, raced again over the weekend and was able to start on the pole in the B. I was able to put the power down and finish 2 laps ahead of everyone. I would have been in the A with my B main time. Will get them next time. I used Black/ Grey and Grey and they seemed to work pretty good. Ray
Old 05-25-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

OK all, back on my feet after we moved to our new home!

Time to get back to the track! This weekend, nitro touring, Middletown, NY.

710baby, what compounds do I need for there?
Old 05-26-2005, 05:24 AM
jt6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Middletown? What is their schedule there? I have inlaws up there I am visiting this summer and may have to come race while there.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

every sunday.

http://www.prospeedrcraceway.com/
Old 05-26-2005, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

recieved my GQ Foams a few days ago.

Packaging is great...the fact they seal the foams in plastic inside the box is perfect. I look forward to running this weekend. Ray are you headed out to AJs or Chicagoland Raceway this weekend?

By chance should this threads title be changed to GQ RC Products or GQ Racing?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.