Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro 1:8 Nitro Buggy parts list

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nitro 1:8 Nitro Buggy parts list

I'm new to building this kind of thing but I was going to try my hand at it. I don't want to buy a self build kit as they are very pricy. So can someone give me a link to a website with a parts list and guide, I would normally google it myself but I don't know whether the guides or parts lists are complete. The car is a 1:10 or 1:8 scale nitro buggy, I'm very good at following instructions when it comes to building things but the instruction to do need to be written for complete beginngers
Thanks for your time and help
Ginger
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gingerdom101
I'm new to building this kind of thing but I was going to try my hand at it. I don't want to buy a self build kit as they are very pricy. So can someone give me a link to a website with a parts list and guide, I would normally google it myself but I don't know whether the guides or parts lists are complete. The car is a 1:10 or 1:8 scale nitro buggy, I'm very good at following instructions when it comes to building things but the instruction to do need to be written for complete beginngers
Thanks for your time and help
Ginger
Do you want a 1:10 or 1:8, by the sounds your want a rtr (ready to run) where you mentioned you dont want a roller kit, are you planning on racing or just bashing, what brand you looking at???
Not quiet sure what your after, maybe being a bit more elaborate and someone can guide you better.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds like you want to buy all the parts separate and build up the car yourself. If that is what you want, you have chose the most expensive way of doing it.

It's much better to get a kit and build that. While some cars share bearing sizes and axles, you can't be sure you get things to fit right unless you buy parts made for the same car. And doing it that way you'll end up paying nearly twice for the car, compared to getting the kit version.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Nitro Tiger
Do you want a 1:10 or 1:8, by the sounds your want a rtr (ready to run) where you mentioned you dont want a roller kit, are you planning on racing or just bashing, what brand you looking at???
Not quiet sure what your after, maybe being a bit more elaborate and someone can guide you better.
I was just looking for one for bashing maining there won't be any racing, and the size was 1:8. There isn't a brand I was after just a cheapest one, Kits are fine but they are also very expensive.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by neobart
Sounds like you want to buy all the parts separate and build up the car yourself. If that is what you want, you have chose the most expensive way of doing it.

It's much better to get a kit and build that. While some cars share bearing sizes and axles, you can't be sure you get things to fit right unless you buy parts made for the same car. And doing it that way you'll end up paying nearly twice for the car, compared to getting the kit version.
Do you know fo any cheap but decent kits? All the kits that I have seen are around £130 is this the average price?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

no, that's about 1/3 the price
Old 05-23-2012, 08:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz
no, that's about 1/3 the price
it isn't letting me post a url (nitrotek.co.uk/condor-self-build-nitro-rc-buggy-kit) is this a complete kit, with you saying the price should be around £390 is this no good?
Old 05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

it isn't letting me post a url (nitrotek.co.uk/condor-self-build-nitro-rc-buggy-kit) is this a complete kit, with you saying the price should be around £390 is this no good?
Try this link. Works better.

http://www.nitrotek.co.uk/condor-sel...a5d506ea07573d
Old 05-23-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Depends on what you are wanting to do. Few things to keep in mind, part availability, product support, durability, and reliability. You get what you pay for, so I would say this would not be a good buy in my opinion. You should stick with a major brand so when you do break something you will have parts available. I would go to your local hobby shop and see what they carry or recommend. If you are looking at getting in to racing the Losi RTR 8ight 2.0 is a good starting point. Its going to cost about $650 or so, which seems high now but if you get a cheap buggy you will just be wasting your money and you will end up buying something better when you tear up the cheap one. Also, you will never be able to sell the cheap one once you are ready to get rid of it. At least with the higher end stuff it has some resell value. Hope this helps.