Wiki Posts
Search

soildering irons

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SchuMi2
BrainTeased...........have a look at this one.......excellent iron and you can pick one up in your neck of the woods........

http://www.wiltronics.com.au/catalogue/shop.php?cid=509
LIFE SAVER! thats the one i was talkign about at my local track orange handle and button operated and heats up instantly!!!!! im gonna get that!!! im gonna get the 12 volt one! ... i wonder if it will drain the 12 volt really fast... ? coz the power supply version will cost me an extra 60 i believe.

also mr SchuMi2, you said i could pick one up in nmy neck of woods... what does that mean? lol do they sell these at bunnings etc..?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

The website is an Australian one

Also Just run the 12v one off your power supply cant you do that?
Old 02-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

TRAJ is right....the store is in Victoria. I also think Dick Smith's sell them. A friend of mine picked one up from Dick Smith's about 10 months ago....might pay to check them also

I am not sure if you could run it off the power supply but i dont see why not.......as long as it doesnt cause false peaks etc. Check with the supplier, they should have a good idea.
Old 02-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by SchuMi2
TRAJ is right....the store is in Victoria. I also think Dick Smith's sell them. A friend of mine picked one up from Dick Smith's about 10 months ago....might pay to check them also

I am not sure if you could run it off the power supply but i dont see why not.......as long as it doesnt cause false peaks etc. Check with the supplier, they should have a good idea.
im pretty sure that dicksmith doesnt have them but will check it out as i do plan to goto dicksmith to get my iron this week even if i cant get the orange one

also mr shuey do you think the adjustable temp station types would do the same job? it says the iron can be adjusted from 250 C to 450 C. what are the heat range when triggered do those orange handle ones go up to?