Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Baja and gas help >

Baja and gas help

Baja and gas help

Old 05-18-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Baja and gas help

Hey guys. I know im in the wrong section but I didnt know where to put it. I am thinking of buying a baja and getting into gas and needed some advice and help. In term os the motor, what does the cc mean and would a 29cc baja 5sc be faster than 26cc baja 5b? Would a 29cc make a difference over a 26cc and in what way? Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

"CC" stands for cubic centimeter and tell you the displacent of the motor. Yes, a 29cc Baja is going to be faster than a 26cc Baja. Just like a 250cc 2-stroke dirt bike will be faster than a 125cc 2-stroke dirt bike. I'm not sure how much faster it will be because I dont have much experience with 5th scales, but it will be faster. You will most likely gain more top end with a little bit of bottom end accelleration.
Old 05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

thanks, i have got a savage flux and know very little about gas motors. Would the 5sc with the 29cc go faster than a 5b with the 26cc motor?
Old 05-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrfluxman
thanks, i have got a savage flux and know very little about gas motors. Would the 5sc with the 29cc go faster than a 5b with the 26cc motor?
I race the 5sc and you will be much better off with the 29cc baja. On a second note I would get the Baja SC limited edition. It does not come with a motor but that means you can get a Zenoah G290(28.5cc) engine. The engines that come with the RTR kits are CY engines and have issues with the sleeve liner pealing off. The Limited Edition also comes with the good shocks and slipper. It is a kit so you will need to build it.

HPI 5SC Limited Edition info: http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.8662/.f

Zenoah G290 Engine info: http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.88...t.A/id.7789/.f

Also if you go to www.hpibajaforum.com you will find all the info you need.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey. I thought about the limited edition but it seems a bit daunting looking for a motor. would this be okay? Would it fit right in? Would I have to do anything/buy anything for it to make it work?
http://www.oneillbrothers.com/rc-car...-long-rod.html
If you have an engine that you see please let me know

Last edited by mrfluxman; 05-21-2012 at 04:14 AM.