Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX5 or 747?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by s.i.jerefos
The decision is taken and Just ORDERED the CAPRICORN LAB C02!
I really like this car and as far I reed on internet is the best solution for My opinion.
The only problem is that there is no dealer in Greece and all spare parts will have to be ordered from internet.
If any owner would like to give some informations about the set up it will be appreciated!
The track conditions are:
i) Medium Grip
ii) Technical
iii) Fast.

I really would like to thank You all for the help and I hope that I took the right decision!
Good choice, expert racers car taking the Nt1 concept one step higher.
enjoy. Ds motorsport has some setups on his site , check it out.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s.i.jerefos
The decision is taken and Just ORDERED the CAPRICORN LAB C02!
I really like this car and as far I reed on internet is the best solution for My opinion.
The only problem is that there is no dealer in Greece and all spare parts will have to be ordered from internet.
If any owner would like to give some informations about the set up it will be appreciated!
The track conditions are:
i) Medium Grip
ii) Technical
iii) Fast.

I really would like to thank You all for the help and I hope that I took the right decision!
Great choice, you won't regret it!.

After this weekend I will have a good basic setup for the C02 which pretty much fits your request. The track is an untreated permanent track, which has some fast parts but also some technical parts.
After the weekend I will post the setup in the LAB-C01 thread.
On my site you can also find a guide to building the clutch and building the shocks.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Cool

Less than 1500 grams! That's pretty good ! Not alot of cars out there that can go that low.... Good choice indeed!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
No issue for the Cap car:

In it's current setting the car would even be below the 1500 gram mark if I would remove all the extra weights.
out of the box or some work done
Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by djiewie
Good choice, expert racers car taking the Nt1 concept one step higher.
enjoy. Ds motorsport has some setups on his site , check it out.
or are u trying to say NT1 has taken the MTX4R concept to where it is now?

just kidding bro!
Old 05-13-2012, 11:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tq23
or are u trying to say NT1 has taken the MTX4R concept to where it is now?

just kidding bro!
I know you are, did the 4 have the small diffs already?

EDIT; haven`t been in the scene as long, so i get your drift now.
its been an developing thing with copying other brands thats what you mean.

Last edited by djiewie; 05-14-2012 at 04:19 AM.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Great choice, you won't regret it!.

After this weekend I will have a good basic setup for the C02 which pretty much fits your request. The track is an untreated permanent track, which has some fast parts but also some technical parts.
After the weekend I will post the setup in the LAB-C01 thread.
On my site you can also find a guide to building the clutch and building the shocks.
Daan, i am curious what your weight is with the latest changes you made? Maybe an foto with scale update?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

I know you are, did the 4 have the small diffs already?

EDIT; haven`t been in the scene as long, so i get your drift now.
its been an developing thing with copying other brands thats what you mean.
yes bro,thats wat i meant..i was a fan of the Mugen way back during the MTX3/4 models..and when Xray came out with the NT1..it was almost a carbon copy of the MTX4..till today,Xray is still enhancing that car where Mugen took their time(very long time),developing a whole new car which is the MTX5..i wud love to see Xray,like Serpent and Shepherd,come out with their own concepts or ideas on their next car which i heard is labelled the NT2..i made a personal vow not to use the NT1 till today so as to stay true to Mugen!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Respect,

But i don`t need the NT2 though. Happy with the NT1 since 2009 and still the same car going strong.
The NT2 is already for sale though, haven`t you seen it?

They named it LAB C02

Picture the car with black anodised alu and tadaaaaa the new XRAY NT2
Old 05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Daan, i am curious what your weight is with the latest changes you made? Maybe an foto with scale update?
I was interested as well so I took out all the weight and put it on the scale tonight:

The car still has the tires on on which I finished the race and it was completely dirty. Plus I also think my Orcan engine plus exhaust is lighter than the Nova basic engine plus 3501 exhaust.

The car has all Capricorn lightweight optionals plus two low-profile servos, 800Mah Lipo and an ultralight body.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

I was interested as well so I took out all the weight and put it on the scale tonight:

The car still has the tires on on which I finished the race and it was completely dirty. Plus I also think my Orcan engine plus exhaust is lighter than the Nova basic engine plus 3501 exhaust.

The car has all Capricorn lightweight optionals plus two low-profile servos, 800Mah Lipo and an ultralight body.
Anorexia Capricosa
Old 05-15-2012, 12:59 AM
Tech Regular

Hee thats a marker for others to achieve. Thanks, now a have something to do next winter. Congratulations on your recent race win.
Great advertisement for the car also.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

My KM HK1 weight only 1630g with four 64mm xceed light weight wheel. 100 gram normal bodyshell. The weight can be cut downto 1550 using Carbon fiber chassis and pro lite bodyshell. with trimmed wheels I think it's 1525 gram which is pretty close to Lab CO2, I am using low profile savox servo and 700mha life. So the car is super light. KM Hk1 truely is a budget pro car.