Wiki Posts
Search

TK13 RC8.2 MBX6r - Tower easypay

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default TK13 RC8.2 MBX6r - Tower easypay

Hey everyone....

I currently have a Losi 2.0 with many CNC add ons but I think I am ready to move on. Its a quick car but I am ready for the next one..

I always had in the back of my mind I would get an RC8b cause of easy pay easier to get wife approval -- I heard several negative things about the car .. true or not who knows everyone just pushes the car they currently drive so its hard to get good input sometimes. anyways the 8.2 ive read is way better .. But seems Tower hobbies doesnt do easy pay on the buggy kits anymore .. maybe cause its new or maybe they wont again who knows...

Also it is important that the buggy is well supported (bought a GS CL1 -ADV+ right before they stopped shipping them to the states still have it .. never ran ...

I dont really want one like the losi so I think the XRAY is out of the question

I like the MP9 TK13 but it cost way to much and I cant figure its that much of a better car for that price .. thoughts?

Mugen seems really nice ...

So can people who have driven these cars give input on drive, quality and ease to maintain.

Team Associated RC8.2
Mugen MBX6r
Kyosho TK13 (worth the cost?)
Durango dnx408 V2 (might be losi like .. but man I like the design)

Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to respond to this.. I am sure these kind of questions are annoying to most for that I am sorry but just want to be informed

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Any of those would be good choices. Yes, I have a Mugen and I love it and it is really good vehicle. The TKI3 is a Kyosho, and many buggies try to imitate them but in my opinion they are the benchmark. I had a chance to drive an RC8.2 and it was very good!!! It was much better thean the RC8 I had a while ago. I switched from Durango to Mugen. Just my opinion, but the Durango was a good car, but the suspension was very hard and a small tuning window to get tuned in. The car was really easy to work on too. It ate some pins in the drive line and I would have to replace those pins/axles quite often as they really wore. I am not saying it is that much better on the track, but overall part quality the Mugen has it beat by a mile!!!! Driveline wear is 100x better and much much more durable. Durnago has potential to be fast, but it is really small window for setup based on my experience. I run almost the box stock setup on the Mugen and it is really dialed in from the day I got it!!!!

I think ASssociated, Mugen, or the Kyosho and you will be really happy. Why switch from a Losi 2.0 that has a lot of work done on it already though?
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mjealey
Any of those would be good choices. Yes, I have a Mugen and I love it and it is really good vehicle. The TKI3 is a Kyosho, and many buggies try to imitate them but in my opinion they are the benchmark. I had a chance to drive an RC8.2 and it was very good!!! It was much better thean the RC8 I had a while ago. I switched from Durango to Mugen. Just my opinion, but the Durango was a good car, but the suspension was very hard and a small tuning window to get tuned in. The car was really easy to work on too. It ate some pins in the drive line and I would have to replace those pins/axles quite often as they really wore. I am not saying it is that much better on the track, but overall part quality the Mugen has it beat by a mile!!!! Driveline wear is 100x better and much much more durable. Durnago has potential to be fast, but it is really small window for setup based on my experience. I run almost the box stock setup on the Mugen and it is really dialed in from the day I got it!!!!

I think ASssociated, Mugen, or the Kyosho and you will be really happy. Why switch from a Losi 2.0 that has a lot of work done on it already though?

I like the Losi but I got the RTR and although I do have the Shock caps and king headz towers and CNC front kingpin and CNC rear hubs... I might keep it or sell it not sure yet ..... the car but its kinda twitchy on the lose stuff .. or I am twitchy .. And this might make me sound like a girl but since I didnt build it I dont have that attachment even though ive rebuilt it a few times... kinda strange i guess ..
Old 05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tcaputo
I like the Losi but I got the RTR and although I do have the Shock caps and king headz towers and CNC front kingpin and CNC rear hubs... I might keep it or sell it not sure yet ..... the car but its kinda twitchy on the lose stuff .. or I am twitchy .. And this might make me sound like a girl but since I didnt build it I dont have that attachment even though ive rebuilt it a few times... kinda strange i guess ..
I understand where you are coming from. It is sort of a trait of a Losi vehicle. They can be a little loose in the rear end, which sometimes can be faster. I have driven a few and like it, but some may not like the feel of it. There is nothing like buying a brand new kit and building it......
Old 05-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Came from the Losi family to the Kyosho this past year and I have no complaints (other than the rain that has prevented me from running the MP9).

The drivability is amazing. There is no "front-end slop" or "loose rear" to worry about. I got used to those things on the 8B 2.0 and came to depend on them when I was driving fast. W/ the Kyosho's it's easy to run lines and maximize clean power into/out of turns.

Now, one can argue that with proper tuning I could get the same response and drivability out of the Losi's. But with the Kyosho's, I'm able to take them box stock, and drive just as fast, if not faster and more comfortably.

GL on your decision.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Hey everyone....

I currently have a Losi 2.0 with many CNC add ons but I think I am ready to move on. Its a quick car but I am ready for the next one..

I always had in the back of my mind I would get an RC8b cause of easy pay easier to get wife approval -- I heard several negative things about the car .. true or not who knows everyone just pushes the car they currently drive so its hard to get good input sometimes. anyways the 8.2 ive read is way better .. But seems Tower hobbies doesnt do easy pay on the buggy kits anymore .. maybe cause its new or maybe they wont again who knows...

Also it is important that the buggy is well supported (bought a GS CL1 -ADV+ right before they stopped shipping them to the states still have it .. never ran ...

I like the MP9 TK13 but it cost way to much and I cant figure its that much of a better car for that price .. thoughts?

So can people who have driven these cars give input on drive, quality and ease to maintain.

Team Associated RC8.2
Mugen MBX6r

Thank you in advance to anyone that takes the time to respond to this.. I am sure these kind of questions are annoying to most for that I am sorry but just want to be informed

Thanks,
Tim
Tower hobbies sells the TKI3
Old 05-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

No, Great Planes and Kyosho parted ways years ago. Kyosho is pretty much direct anymore.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Tech Regular

I just mentioned tower because they use to have easy pay on the rc8 kits but I guess that's done for.. I like the mp9 but it's so much more money ..300 bucks more than a mugen or assosiated ... It's just such a huge price gap I just don't fully understand why it's so much more..
Old 05-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just mentioned tower because they use to have easy pay on the rc8 kits but I guess that's done for.. I like the mp9 but it's so much more money ..300 bucks more than a mugen or assosiated ... It's just such a huge price gap I just don't fully understand why it's so much more..
because the kyosho comes with a pre dialed setup, has the hopups already installed... so technically its not more expensive...
Old 05-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

you can get the rc8.2 on easy pay. if it doesnt show on the website just give them a call. sometimes when the kits are on backorder it wont show easy pay but they are.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

If you're in the market for the 8.2 let me know. In stock with great pricing.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rbcts
you can get the rc8.2 on easy pay. if it doesnt show on the website just give them a call. sometimes when the kits are on backorder it wont show easy pay but they are.
I called and it seems they have removed easy pay on the buggy kits only ones you can do now are the rtrs..
Old 05-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

my rc8b is dialed, really love it. its a bit older but i still go out every weekend and lead the race until driver error takes over lol. that said i do have the bce chassis and grid shock towers that really help with handling. kind of kills me switching cars this season, but i as well need some change. so my rc8b is for sale as a roller if your looking into a rc8b and dont want to drop full price for it.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tower has the RC8B Factory Team Kit on Easy Pay, but not the 8.2
Old 05-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey everyone....

Team Associated RC8.2
Mugen MBX6r

Thanks,
Tim
KYOSHO HANDS DOWN. BEEN RACING AT THE SAME TRACK FOR 3 SEASONS STARTED WITH A MP777 THEN GOT A MP9TK2! ITS DRIVES SO SMOOTH.. THE CAR IS SO RESPONSIVE. MY FRIEND STARTED OUT WITH A LOSI RTR 2.0 BUGGY. TORE IT APART , UPGRADED EVERY PART YOU COULD HE WAS FAST WITH IT BUT ALWAYS HAD REAR SUSPENSION FAILURE.WHEN HE GOT A MP9TKI2 HE SOLD ALL HIS LOSI GEAR. EVERYTHING. BUGGY & TRUGGY. HE SAID THE MP9 DROVE LIKE A BMW! NOW HE RUNS NOTHING BUT K CARS. MY TRACK HAS A FEW PROS THAT RUN AE , LOSI, AND MORE LOSI. ALL VERY FAST WITH THEM BUT DEPENDING ON SKILL LEVEL KYOSHO MIGHT BE EASIER TO SETUP & DRIVE FAST .. JUST SAVE THE MONEY & GET THE KYOSHO BRO YOU WONT REGRET IT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.