breaking in the engine...

Old 04-24-2005, 04:09 PM
Tech Rookie

hi guys,

i'm new in here and i'd like to break-in my engine (zx-12) with WOT method, but i don't know how i can exactly do that. do you know exact steps for that method? i don't have any bench, so i have to break in on the parking lot.

i also read 710's black book. it contains good information about that procedure, but i have some questions, for example in first tank, what if the car goes fast on the parking lot when i pull the trigger? i asked that because i don't have really big parking lot for speedy onroads thanks.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Tech Rookie

I don't know what the WOT method is but here is a link for a method I have used.

http://www.rbmods.net/enginetempering.php

In the Universal RB Concept instructions is a pretty comprehensive .pdf download that is worth having for reference.

http://www.rbproducts.com/mainEn.php...structions.htm

Unless you have the spare cash for new engines when they go, I'd keep in mind 'engine life' during breaking in.
Old 04-24-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by hamann
i'm new in here and i'd like to break-in my engine (zx-12) with WOT method, but i don't know how i can exactly do that. do you know exact steps for that method? i don't have any bench, so i have to break in on the parking lot.
Try Josh Cyrul's site for the WOT method description. There are other useful tips on his website also regarding how to clean and maintain engines as well.
Old 04-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Rookie

thank you for link Dnell now, i have new info page

and thank you InitialD. thank you for everything because i learned many many things that i've never heard about 710 from your messages . i'm gonna post my 710's pics to 710 forum (with zx-12 engine) when i get my camera. you know what, i started to read 710 forum from beggining, i'm in page 210 now i'm sure i'll get many info on this forum.
Old 04-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Josh Cyrul's method is an awsome method to use......best break in procedure i have ever gone through.........very reliable.......just one thing that would make it easier is to buy the serpent break in stand and your set.......breaking in a motor for me is a peice of cake now

cheers!!!
Old 04-29-2005, 09:29 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by factory racer
Josh Cyrul's method is an awsome method to use......best break in procedure i have ever gone through.........very reliable.......just one thing that would make it easier is to buy the serpent break in stand and your set.......breaking in a motor for me is a peice of cake now

cheers!!!
IMHO the breakin stand is not worth it. You should breakin the motor with it mounted in the car. I have used the same method as Josh and if you take your time to understand what your engine is doing and have faith in your ability it will produce a fast and reliable engine.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

watever i have the break in stand and thats how im am going to break in my RER12 S3.......it will be good!!!!!
Old 04-30-2005, 11:05 PM
B4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by factory racer
watever i have the break in stand and thats how im am going to break in my RER12 S3.......it will be good!!!!!
If I had a breakin stand I would probably use it as well. I just don't think it is a absolute necessity. Please let us know how you go with the stand as I may be persuaded to buy one.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

You might find the website useful... from Radio Control Nitro Magazine , library of complete articles about the RC Nitro car and truck hobby.