Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Black-Hard
Gold-Med
Silver-Soft
Pink-Extra Soft
Same combination as front springs, but with an extra soft spring
Thanks RedBullFiXX!
But... Why Tamiya writes on Pitch Damper and Roll Spring Set Soft, Medium, Hard and Super Hard?????

I don't understund....
Old 12-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Is there any to make this car 200mm with the kit wheels?
Anyone? I have the RSector kit at 190 now, but would like to move out more but don't want to buy different wheels.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Anyone? I have the RSector kit at 190 now, but would like to move out more but don't want to buy different wheels.
The wheels have the offset which determines the width of the car. You could space the axle, but then your pinion might not reach.

So nobody has a turn key solution for you...you might have to get creative.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Tech Initiate

does anybody know where to get f104 foams in 32rear and 35 compounds online???
Old 12-20-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Set-Up Stations

Does anyone use a setup sation for the F104v2? If so, is it the Pan Car type or touring car type? I have a touring car one now, picking up a Pan Car station for my 1/12th car, just curious which is best to use with the F1 cars.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
Does anyone use a setup sation for the F104v2? If so, is it the Pan Car type or touring car type? I have a touring car one now, picking up a Pan Car station for my 1/12th car, just curious which is best to use with the F1 cars.
I was curious also and since I have both the Hudy TC and Pan car stations I thought I would try it.

To my surprise the 1/10 TC car station worked perfectly. The Pan Car one is set up to use different axles and wouldn't work.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

My TC version seemed to work but I was concerned over the height of the front versus the rear while adjusting the settings. I didn't even think of putting screwing up the rear axles onto the gauges.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mechintosh
My TC version seemed to work but I was concerned over the height of the front versus the rear while adjusting the settings. I didn't even think of putting screwing up the rear axles onto the gauges.
The only thing I used the set up station for was the steering centering, toe and throw. The camber is set by the camber plate and caster is set by the kingpin holders so I didn't even look at those.

As far as the height of the rear goes, just leave the tires on.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AreCee
I was curious also and since I have both the Hudy TC and Pan car stations I thought I would try it.

To my surprise the 1/10 TC car station worked perfectly. The Pan Car one is set up to use different axles and wouldn't work.
Is it possible to get the Hudy pan car setup system to work at all?
Old 12-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by r450racer
Is it possible to get the Hudy pan car setup system to work at all?
If you can get 5x10 bearing holders to fit in the Hudy uprights then it could work. However it's set up to use the 1/8x5/16x9/64" flanged bearings of 1/12 and 1/10 pan cars front axles at the correct height.

I have both so it didn't cost anything to try it. The station isn't as useful with the F104 as it is for pan cars since the camber is set by which holes and side you use on the camber plate.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

A setup station is pretty pointless for an F104. The only setting that needs measurement is toe in, everything else has fixed links that can't be adjusted and ride height is changed by moving/replacing spacers.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by terry.sc
A setup station is pretty pointless for an F104. The only setting that needs measurement is toe in, everything else has fixed links that can't be adjusted and ride height is changed by moving/replacing spacers.
I guess you must have missed the part in my comment that I used it for setting the STEERING center, toe and throw.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by terry.sc
Unless you have the Exotek Front end, and you want to make sure your adjustments are the same side to side.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

even for steering, straight on the setup doesn't always mean the car will go straight on the track due to slight variation in tires diameter, ride height inserts etc. I adjust my radio it so it goes down the straight, straight, simple and cheap
I adjust my exotek upper arms using digital calipers so they are equal
Old 12-21-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Regular

My car was turning great going right, but turning left the car would spin out. I thought that the tweak was out a bit. Check it and all seemed to be OK. I thought I would adjust the servo throw, EPA, to be equal. Using a setup station for a touring car this is easy to do, I was curious if I could do the same for the F1. Since I have both a touring car version and a Pan Car one, I wanted to know what the concensus was on their use with a F1. I realize that their are limitations on what can be adjusted on the F1. I was concerned with setting toe and servo throw. I would not suggest the expense of purchasing one if a fellow racer didn't have one as it not needed but since I already have one, it did help fine tune the toe and throw.
I made the adjustments and volia, car turns equal now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.