Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
2005 Snowbirds Race Coverage >

2005 Snowbirds Race Coverage

2005 Snowbirds Race Coverage

Old 02-14-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Hope everybody got home safe. I know for the 20+ that made it out to HOB and Pleasure Island it wasn't fun waking up.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

derick what's up...had some fun in fla. i need a copy of the mag. issue 111 with Chris's interview....
appreciate.
pops tos.
Old 02-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Great job Toso...
Old 02-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Default Spektrum flawless?

Were there pros using the Spektrum? Any problems like in Cleveland? Anyone running it at all?
Old 02-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

What kind of cars do they run in 4WD Oval? Are they just touring cars? Was Barry running a TC4?
Old 02-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to say god job to all the guys that raced. It would be fun to run in different types of classes. I know that it is supposed to the biggest race and all, but how many different people actually signed up? Not how many entries just how many people actually raced. Not to take away from anyone, because that must be a nightmare trying to organize that many entries with two completely different disciplines.

Does anyone know if Mike Boylan still makes the bushing and bearing oils that looks like watermelon juice(1/2 red and 1/2 green before mixing).

What happened to the all conquering Losi/trinity team? It seems they had enough drivers there. It seems the only Losi in the main was from Europe (good job Hubert) and powered by LRP. The only trinity in the main was an epic and it had to be powered by SMC to get in.

Congradulations to Chris for hopefully winning with the "Wheel" and congradulations to Barry for making both mains if you guys are still using them.

Hopefully I will be racing the Reedy Race with some of you guys.
Old 02-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Tech Master

Regarding the Spektrum. It doesn't seem people used it there, but remember racing is trendy if one person thought crapping in your motor made you faster and wearing your boxers on the outside of your pants then next week you'd see everybody doing it.

I think they are still a little cautious at big events about new technology. If they use something new and have an off week then it must be the equipment.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:53 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Awesome Race!

Originally posted by Doug D
onebeatuptc3 - While there wasn't a "brawl" on the track after the Mod Touring A, Barry did let Martin Hudy know how his inability to let Blackstock pass....simply sucked. Mike was making an awesome charge to catch Jilles and it would have been an interesting ending.

However, Congrats to Jilles! He seemed to be on another level all week and drove flawless.

Congrats to the whole Snowbirds staff on another successful race! Excellent job!
What happend between Martin Barry and Mike?

Nick
Old 02-15-2005, 05:20 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by syndr0me
What kind of cars do they run in 4WD Oval? Are they just touring cars? Was Barry running a TC4?
Touring oval is Touring cars.

Barry ran a silva concepts car. He ran the expert 19 turn class.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Awesome Race!

Originally posted by nnick
What happend between Martin Barry and Mike?

Nick
I didnt see the one corner where the "block" happened so not putting in anything on that. BUT, watching the rest of the 4:55 of the race, I think ANYONE would have been hard pressed to keep up with Jilles. The guy was on and the car was dialed. He rode out in 19T and mod with ease.
Old 02-15-2005, 06:22 AM
Tech Adept

teemu uses hara esc
Old 02-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any Pictures??? I have only seen a few and they were just of people, any action pics? Pit pics?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

"Regarding the Spektrum. It doesn't seem people used it there, but remember racing is trendy if one person thought crapping in your motor made you faster and wearing your boxers on the outside of your pants then next week you'd see everybody doing it."

"I think they are still a little cautious at big events about new technology. If they use something new and have an off week then it must be the equipment."

I know I bought a Spektrum system just for this race. Got there on Wed. tried it in my first practice and the car had a VERY BAD LAG. You turn and then 2ft later the car turns, going down the straight the car just felt very sluggish, like it was hitting a Rev-Limiter. I pulled the system out and went back to crystals and had no more problems like this. I talked to a few Factory drivers about the system, everyone of them ask me what I felt while using it. I explained it to them and they said that was exactly what they felt. none of them offed there opinion first, They all ask what I thought then after that explained that they too felt teh same thing.

So if an "average joe" can feel the lag why would you think it was just a trend for them to pull the system?

I saw one person using the system all weekend and watching the car ans the kid drive you could tell he was having the same problem.
Old 02-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at the worlds 1 or 2 drivers of the A main were using spektrum. So I suppose it works.
Maybe someone has an explanation?
Old 02-15-2005, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I was told by the same factory guys that they felt no lag outside on asphalt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.