on road nitro a dying breed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

on road nitro a dying breed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

Gas is a dying breed because electric guys are telling so. Most gas drivers do not have a thing against electric but most electric drivers hate gas cars. I do see this happen more and more, even that worse that electric drivers want to claim own clubraces without gas cars.

Stop talking about this issue and start driving you gas powered cars on the track!
Old 05-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Well said, and right!

Obnoxious electric dorks..
Old 05-12-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
Gas is a dying breed because electric guys are telling so. Most gas drivers do not have a thing against electric but most electric drivers hate gas cars. I do see this happen more and more, even that worse that electric drivers want to claim own clubraces without gas cars.

Stop talking about this issue and start driving you gas powered cars on the track!
I don't know what you're talking about. The local parking lot track I run accomodates both without any problems. The trouble is nobody shows up with their nitro cars. The T4T race we had last year was suppose to have at least five guys and only three showed up. At the end of the day there were only two cars left to race the main. I broke and we ended the race early but I still got second place. So I was there but where was everyone else?
Old 05-12-2012, 03:09 PM
Tech Champion

Part of the point is that nitro drivers have been letting all the elo trash talking get to them. One, they don't talk back - as IMO they should. Electric is mind-numbingly lame basically because of the lack of sound, however fast. If they're going to talk their trash, why shouldn't we talk ours? Second, I think nitro drivers allow some kind of doubt to seep in, because brushless is faster. Big deal, it's like watching paint dry, seeing an action movie or NFL game on mute, etc.. And furthermore, it's a HOBBY. It takes some effort and know-how(like real 1:1 racing does..) - it's not plug and play for ADD teenagers too impatient(I won't say "dumb"...) to figure out nitro..
Old 05-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
it's a HOBBY. It takes some effort and know-how(like real 1:1 racing does..) - it's not plug and play for ADD teenagers too impatient(I won't say "dumb"...) to figure out nitro..
Welcome to the "facebook" generation. People nowadays are more interested in gaining stats, awards, wins, etc.... so that they can post it on their facebook page and brag about it. Not too many people have patience to do things just for the sake of doing it anymore. I'm just happy to be able to be out in the sun and play with toy cars whether its electric or nitro.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Default fun stuff

Just got back from day of on-road action........good cleanup and prep to start. Both electric guys and nitro with some 'oval'...some 'sprint cars' and 'minis' but the most fun and crowd draw from 'passers-by' was the field of 6 GT8 nitro cars.

What a hoot....!!!!!

I stayed a little later and ended up using a half gallon to get in some additional practice so I can stop getting my keester 'handed to me'....!!! It's all good when it turns out to be this much fun.

Long live 'nitro GT'.........
Old 05-12-2012, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

we have enough nitro cars here, but rarely do we get a large bulk of them out for normal club racing.
when our club hosts an event, sure, 3-4 heats of nitro, but normal sunday racing, we get 4-6 if we are lucky.

its sad, cause nitro is what gets our club the attention. people show up and watch the electric classes, but people dont STOP until we run the nitro cars. as a noob, i like to be a part of that =)

nitro is by far my most expensive car, but its also a completely different driving style to master and i think more enjoyable. the long main is a dicipline for sure.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Electrics are just boring. Nothing like watching a well-tuned nitro around a track. Electrics look like toys in comparison. The problem is the insane cost to actually be competitive turns alot of people away and you can't blame them.
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Silo
Electrics are just boring. Nothing like watching a well-tuned nitro around a track. Electrics look like toys in comparison. The problem is the insane cost to actually be competitive turns alot of people away and you can't blame them.
It's probably not wise for us to begin a ridicule of RC because the question was posed as to whether Nitro on road is dying.

The internal combustion engine is inherent in our society, we rely on it and for those that enjoy the dynamics of the "Spontaneous combustion" engine that humanity relies on, if the EP upset us too much we could always grab one of their ESC and turn it into an electronic ignition system and perhaps develop an EFI system.

Personally I dont think batteries and energy storage are the answer to our future. Spontaneous Electricty is more likely a way as with real life, we cant afford to get 5 minutes into a journey to work and then call the boss telling him we'll be 1 day late as we forgot to charge the car.

If this was a post to taunt an argument in amongst the IC community then I too agree the thread should be dropped. The nitro on-road forum has a subject it's rich with information from many drivers over many years and it's still going strong.
Old 05-13-2012, 03:41 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
I don't know what you're talking about. The local parking lot track I run accomodates both without any problems. The trouble is nobody shows up with their nitro cars. The T4T race we had last year was suppose to have at least five guys and only three showed up. At the end of the day there were only two cars left to race the main. I broke and we ended the race early but I still got second place. So I was there but where was everyone else?
First of all I am a member of 2 clubs running both but sadly on both clubs most electric guys have a thing against gas powered cars. On one club they want to drive on sepperate days and on the other they already do but to save weekends more clubraces will be driven together. Sadly a lot of electric guys stay away on such combined clubraces and the remaining electric guys do not want to marshall with gas racing because a final of 30 minutes is a long sit, they do forget that 3 electric finals of 7 minutes is almost the same.....
And they really forget that we are all from the same club sharing the same hobby: RC racing.

Beside that looking on a large Dutch RC forum when new comers ask what to drive the electric drivers do warn the new guy not to take nitro because that is to difficult with every time tuning the engine which "is very difficult". With such stories on the internet (and staying there) people are going to believe that it is difficult.

So yes, I do believe the word of the electric guys has a part in this.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Electrics are fun AND Nitros are fun end of story...
this is comming from me a electric guy i have played with nitros and there lots of fun! and ive played with electrics and there lots of fun! so end of story there both an amazing piece of technology at our fingertips...
Old 05-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Tech Master

uh.........close the thread.....waste of bandwidth...........the only people who say nitro is dying are those who want it to die...........
Old 05-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

not to thread jack, but my electric car WAS faster than my nitro on the straight

....even though I got a better lap time with the nitro
Old 05-14-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default The Point?

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
not to thread jack, but my electric car WAS faster than my nitro on the straight

....even though I got a better lap time with the nitro
And the point is??? What if the race was long enough that you ran out of juice? How much faster would you have to be to make up for a battery change compared to just refueling????

Fact is they are different! The mentality of most of the young folks is instant gratification and do what is the easiest! RTR, not kits; electric not gas; you should get the picture, if not, you never will......
Old 05-14-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Is nitro dying? No. Niro is just shrinking? Yes, in major populated areas and cities are shrinking do to noise restrictions. This is hard fact. I have even seen it in CCNR's written rules. Nitro will still have a huge market and customers but just in more rual less populated areas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.