Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best 1/10th scale electric car to buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You asked which would give the best lap times. I don't know how anyone could honestly give you an answer you would accept.

Just as an example, one of my good friends, who is also one of the fastest guys locally and a great r/c mechanic, has switched cars numerous times in the past year. He has used a T2'009, a Tamiya 417, a TOP Photon, an Awesomatix A700, a T3'11(practically a '12 with all the parts) and now he is driving a Serpent S411. He has had good and bad days with each of the cars. His best runs and best laps with every one of these cars has been nearly identical. None of the cars seem to stand out above the others. They are all very capable when setup well, but each has it's own quirks.

Personally I wouldn't buy a HB TCX, because it seems to be one of the weaker cars and doesn't have good parts support, at least not locally, but it's still very capable of winning, especially if your name happens to be Hara or Moore. I also wouldn't buy a TC6 or 6.1 because the fit and finish I've seen is far less than impressive, but there are a ton of guys who swear by Associated and it is definitely another very capable chassis.

So it really does come down to local parts support and setup support from other local drivers. This is why so many people are telling you the same thing.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

People getting pretty riled up here, hahaha. I understand though, sometimes it's more fun to argue over the internet than to work. I don't expect a response, I'm just sayin'.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

bump

Last edited by WD40; 04-18-2012 at 10:55 PM.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It's funny cuz the one who doesn't understand thinks everyone else doesn't understand.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by hyujmn
It's funny cuz the one who doesn't understand thinks everyone else doesn't understand.
What don't I understand? All I want is for people to rank the 5 cars I listed. I know it will be completely people's opinion, but thats okay. Doesn't everyone have an opinion on which car is the best/worst even if others don't agree?
Old 04-12-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK! I give you mine:

1. Awesomatrix A700 (innovation and quality)
2. AE TC6.1 (overall costs and parts availability)
3. Xray T3 2012 (solid and quality)
4. Serpent S411 (nice engineering)
5. Kyosho TF6 (very good quality)

And don't say my posts are no answer
Old 04-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would agree that the TCX is the most outdated at this point but still a good car.

The TC6.1 will be the easiest to get parts for in most cases and is cheaper up front.

The T3 '12 and 417x are probably the best two, solid, with a strong history and adjustability. Probably the most costly but you get what you pay for.
Old 04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wtcc
OK! I give you mine:

1. Awesomatrix A700 (innovation and quality)
2. AE TC6.1 (overall costs and parts availability)
3. Xray T3 2012 (solid and quality)
4. Serpent S411 (nice engineering)
5. Kyosho TF6 (very good quality)

And don't say my posts are no answer
Thank you thank you thank you! Finally, someone who actually answers my question. I very much appreciate it. This is all I am looking for. If I could get more people to rank like wtcc did above that would be awesome. Also, I like how wtcc put in parenthasese why he ranked the way he did. Very helpful wtcc and the best answer so far...
Old 04-12-2012, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by WD40
I knew I would get more no answers haha. And niznai, your answer was one of the dumbest answers in the history of rctech forums (what do you bet that gets him pretty riled up haha). Anyway, other than niznai, I really appreciate all the help. I will conclude that all the cars are good and that it really depends on what parts are available and what other local drivers are racing. Sounds like all 5 cars would post perfectly identical lap times in the hands of the same driver (sarcasm intended). Anyway, I'll stop asking my question since no one wants to go out on a limb and rank these cars.
Not at all, darling.

It's your money and thankfully you're nowhere near my woods.

Read your post again though and you'll see you have finally accepted what everybody (including my dumbest answer) has been telling you for the last four pages of answers. People who hang around racing for a while are a bit more sophisticated than black and white answers.

You still think in the same wrong frame of mind but hey, we can only take you to the water, can't make you drink.

Welcome.

Now for the next question: what's the ESC that would GUARANTEE the best laptimes all else being equal?
Old 04-12-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Not at all, darling.

It's your money and thankfully you're nowhere near my woods.

Read your post again though and you'll see you have finally accepted what everybody (including my dumbest answer) has been telling you for the last four pages of answers. People who hang around racing for a while are a bit more sophisticated than black and white answers.

You still think in the same wrong frame of mind but hey, we can only take you to the water, can't make you drink.

Welcome.

Now for the next question: what's the ESC that would GUARANTEE the best laptimes all else being equal?
LOL, well done!!
Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sounds like all 5 cars would post perfectly identical lap times in the hands of the same driver (sarcasm intended).
Thats the best thing you have said in this thread so far. Too bad you were being sarcastic. It doesnt matter what you buy. Some kid is going to wax you with a beat up TC3 cause he knows how to set it up and drive.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

I have narrowed it down to the serpent s411 team edition and the xray t3 2012. I will be getting one of those in the next couple of days most likely. Any recommendations on the serpent or xray and why?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Master

I have narrowed it down to the serpent s411 team edition and the xray t3 2012. I will be getting one of those in the next couple of days most likely. Any recommendations on the serpent or xray and why?
Both are excellent choices. Solid cars.

Serpent has less expensive parts, but isn't as widely popular as XRAY is.

The XRAY's kit setup works really well in most conditions and the car generally has a wider setup window. The Serpent can be dialed in most definitely, but the kit setup isn't as versatile as XRAY's.

I have a couple of T3'12s. A few of my friends have S411s. Those would be my personal top 2 choices, I obviously went with XRAY, but at the time my local track didn't stock Serpent parts, so that was a factor. Now they stock both. Some days when I'm a bit short on extra cash, seeing the prices of parts for both makes Serpent seem more desirable , but I love my XRAYs and don't regret my choice at all.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:26 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Honestly, everyone here has no idea what they are talking about. The obvious choice is the Tamiya TT-01 or Thunder Tiger Tomahawk.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would go with a Tamiya F104 with the Exotek F1R chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.