Default Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer

What do you guys think?

http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/schumac...circuit-racer/

Starter class for on-road?
escoowater likes this.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Meh. Just get a RWD Mini. I'd make this run against other D-Drive 12th scales.
escoowater likes this.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Ministock cars from Mardave have been raced for many, many years here in the UK as they are cheap, handle alot of abuse, and when raced together, are alot of fun. The new Schumacher car seems to be a 'higher tech' model, based on the Mardave formula. In fact, there has been a support championship running alongside the 12th nationals this season, where certain hotups have been allowed on the Mardave cars, so maybe this is Schumacher's chassis to compete with the original Mardave chassis's and their hotups. Cheers.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

looks like a fun cheap class...

...... which means in a few months after becoming that fun class that appears cheap to a new comer only to find out that the guys that win week in and week out have hundreds in tires, go with the motor of the week, has double the cost of the car in hop-ups, and takes the fun out of the class for everyone.

Matt
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I wonder what wheel standard this car is using?
Old 04-12-2012, 04:48 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by KostaG
I wonder what wheel standard this car is using?
Mardave

front
Simple Bushed Front Wheels, Ready To Accept Optional Ball Races.
http://www.redrc.net/2011/12/contact...upastox-tires/

rear
Old 04-12-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mdwalsh

...... which means in a few months after becoming that fun class that appears cheap to a new comer only to find out that the guys that win week in and week out have hundreds in tires, go with the motor of the week, has double the cost of the car in hop-ups, and takes the fun out of the class for everyone.

Matt
Does anyone remember "street spec" cars?
Old 04-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Looks interesting and well made. However, I don't understand why they would use bushings up font and there doesn't seem to be a diff of any kind. The proprietary foam wheels and spur gears has me taking a pass and I haven't seen 32P gears on electrics in decades either. They should have used standard wheel hexes and standard mini rubber rims and tires as sold by HPI and Tamiya.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

No mate, thats the whole point. I dont think theres much (if any) ministock racing outside of the UK, where Mardave Ministocks have been raced for ever! Google Mardave Ministock and you'll see that this is Schumacher's version of it. Cheers!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Maybe it is time for some glasses: this thread was posted yesterday.http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...stox-gt12.html
Old 04-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Maybe it is time for some glasses: this thread was posted yesterday.http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...stox-gt12.html
Maybe you need glasses. See attached image.

I am not trying to be petty, nor do I really care who starts the thread.

We do not need these sort of comments.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer-thread-info.jpg  
Old 04-12-2012, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

I have glasses...........SUNglasses
Old 04-12-2012, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mdwalsh

Matt
...except the various Mardave classes have been successfully running for 25 years and in most of the classes the legal motor for years has been a closed endbell Mabuchi 540. The biggest complaint is that when you abuse the motor to get that last little bit of performance out them they don't last many weeks, but they only cost £9 to replace.
As for tyres, we race these on carpet, in the UK we all use the same carpet so the same tyres work everywhere, so having a box full of tyres is just a waste of money.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by SteveM
Looks interesting and well made. However, I don't understand why they would use bushings up font and there doesn't seem to be a diff of any kind. The proprietary foam wheels and spur gears has me taking a pass and I haven't seen 32P gears on electrics in decades either. They should have used standard wheel hexes and standard mini rubber rims and tires as sold by HPI and Tamiya.
The idea is to keep the class cheap, and the cars have been developed from the first ones made in the 80s so the class is designed around a simple and tough chassis. All the current cars in the various classes are made by Mardave

The wheels and tyres used are the standard fitment for the current class which is pretty popular in the UK, over here the Mardave fitment wheels and tyres are much more readily available than any mini wheels and tyres. They are designed to run indoors on carpet and have been raced for 25 years on foams, so not much point in designing them to fit rubbers on them.

The reason for 32dp gears is that some of the Mardave classes have plenty of hard contact so 32dp gears are a necessity. See here for an example
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The 32dp gears make sure they will actually last a race without being destroyed like 48dp gears are. There will be alternative 48dp gears and a differential as upgrades if necessary for the faster classes such as circuit racing.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
...except the various Mardave classes have been successfully running for 25 years and in most of the classes the legal motor for years has been a closed endbell Mabuchi 540. The biggest complaint is that when you abuse the motor to get that last little bit of performance out them they don't last many weeks, but they only cost £9 to replace.
As for tyres, we race these on carpet, in the UK we all use the same carpet so the same tyres work everywhere, so having a box full of tyres is just a waste of money.
oh ok.. i havent seen these before on this side of the pond. i wouldnt mind seeing them on this side of the pond though!

Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.