Search
Like Tree4Likes

Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by terry.sc
The idea is to keep the class cheap, and the cars have been developed from the first ones made in the 80s so the class is designed around a simple and tough chassis. All the current cars in the various classes are made by Mardave

The wheels and tyres used are the standard fitment for the current class which is pretty popular in the UK, over here the Mardave fitment wheels and tyres are much more readily available than any mini wheels and tyres. They are designed to run indoors on carpet and have been raced for 25 years on foams, so not much point in designing them to fit rubbers on them.

The reason for 32dp gears is that some of the Mardave classes have plenty of hard contact so 32dp gears are a necessity. See here for an example
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

The 32dp gears make sure they will actually last a race without being destroyed like 48dp gears are. There will be alternative 48dp gears and a differential as upgrades if necessary for the faster classes such as circuit racing.
The cars are interesting but if that is representative of a typical race I'd have no interest. I guess when there is 0 attempt to make a clean lap it makes sense to have a tough car. That was a demolition derby, not racing.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:53 AM
Tech Master

I would agree, that was the worst 'race' ever! However, we have been running a ministock class as a support class at the 12th nationals here in the UK. So, imagine 12th racing, but with ministocks, and that should give a better impression!
Old 04-13-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
The cars are interesting but if that is representative of a typical race I'd have no interest. I guess when there is 0 attempt to make a clean lap it makes sense to have a tough car. That was a demolition derby, not racing.
It's not representative of a typical race, but it is representative of the Banger class which is a pretty good copy of full size banger racing, a small oval and lots of cars on track at once. I just chose it to illustrate why these cars are built to be pretty indestructible.
The top drivers in the banger class actually do attempt keep their racing clean, after all the one with the most laps wins. It's just the nature of the small track and lots of cars makes contact inevitable. Due to the car design the only damage is to the ABS bodies used, and replacements only cost £6. There are a lot of people who enjoy the class.
If you think that's bad, you should see the actual demolition derby class.

The same cars do pretty well on a proper circuit.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's not representative of a typical race, but it is representative of the Banger class which is a pretty good copy of full size banger racing, a small oval and lots of cars on track at once. I just chose it to illustrate why these cars are built to be pretty indestructible.
The top drivers in the banger class actually do attempt keep their racing clean, after all the one with the most laps wins. It's just the nature of the small track and lots of cars makes contact inevitable. Due to the car design the only damage is to the ABS bodies used, and replacements only cost £6. There are a lot of people who enjoy the class.
If you think that's bad, you should see the actual demolition derby class.

The same cars do pretty well on a proper circuit.
+ YouTube Video
Yup, now that is more like it. They were getting around that track at a good clip. Competitive, simple, durable cars are never a bad thing in my book.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:48 AM
Tech Adept

I wish there were some more pics of the schumacher superstox, i wanna see a high res snapshot from the other side, because it looks like they don't even have a diff.
Old 04-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats correect it doesnt have a diff. Apparently the Mardave axle will fit but Schumacher will have their own axle too.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by samshirley00
I wish there were some more pics of the schumacher superstox, i wanna see a high res snapshot from the other side, because it looks like they don't even have a diff.
Plenty of pictures at the link in the first post, and on Schumachers website http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Car_Sh.../SupaStox.html
Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

More info on the 2S saddle version: http://www.redrc.net/2012/04/schumac...addle-version/
Old 07-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Too bad more track operators don't have the balls to run spec classes.
Old 07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asc6000
Too bad more track operators don't have the balls to run spec classes.
I do, I have the balls to run spec classes.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:38 PM
CFR
Tech Regular

Here's the diff.

Few weeks away from being available though
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer-diff.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:22 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

actual picture of one

posted on FB here, GT12 Circuit Cars UK
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher SupaStox GT12 circuit racer-diff.jpg  
Old 08-11-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+ YouTube Video

Holy crap these people couldn't even get one lap around. I do have to say, demolition derby RC style would be costly.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

So are these cars ROAR legal for 12th scale racing in North America... (not saying they would be competitive but this chassis has an interesting rear suspension design - 3 link with a panhard bar like a real car) Will a ROAR 12th scale body fit on them? Are the rims legal?

Last edited by DavidNERODease; 09-24-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yesterday i saw some supastox cars driving at the track and it does look like a great car to drive, it's a simple car to set-up and it's very cheap.
The chassis looks like a pre historic rc car that was designed in the late seventies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.