Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 03-10-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

All I was asking is why they'd include a thin chassis that works in less conditions than a thick that'd work virtually everywhere.

Is the market overseas really that much more than the US?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'll tell you that I don't know enough about it and I certainly am not a good enough driver that it will probably ever matter --- but if the 3mm the best compromise between the 2, then I certainly wish that is what was coming with it. 99% of my driving will be on asphalt (I've never even raced on carpet in 1/10 scale - only 1/18)...

On the other hand, when BMI comes out with their chassis for the '05, and I put back enough pennies, that is probably what will go on the car anyway... Just from what I have heard about the BMI stuff and I see that the fastest guys at the tracks I run use it on their T1FK's now.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I just dont understand how everyone knows the 2.5 wont work most of the time......who tried one that can say that.....xray choose the 2.5 Im sure because they think its the best all around choice.....

If it came with a 5 mm. chassi, i think most of you would probably still want the bmi lol (me too probably), but until we get to drive one we kinda need to trust the xray team drivers on what to send for the car
Old 03-10-2005, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This is a weird situation where if the FK came with the XRC chassis, I bet a lot of us wouldn't need to get the BMI chassis to begin with. So a 2.5mm chassis is standard with the kit, I'm sure will be looking for a 3mm as soon as some is available. If the optional 3.0mm chassis is anything like the price of the XRC chassis, I will sure be looking at BMI first. They probably can get you a chassis and a top deck right in the middle of the XRAY carpet deck and stock deck for a total of $80 vs. over $80 for an XRAY 3.0mm chassis. This situation creats a lot of choices and questions from consurmers like us, but then it keeps the industry going.

Dom
Old 03-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Just going by whats the norm. All the "its a different car, how do you know" stuff is BS unless its a completely radical new design (like the JRXS)

If the team drivers used a 3mm chassis...wouldn't you think thats the best?
Old 03-10-2005, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Teh team drivers used a thicker chassis and brace at a track that saw thousands of heats over a 4 day span brinign the traction up to ridiculous levels....and were able to push the car beyond the limits of what most of us would ever be capable from a performance standpoint.

How can you equate that to what the club racer will see?

My understanding is taht the Birds was not a high traction track it was a SILLY traction track
Old 03-10-2005, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

exactly.....like I said above....how can you choose what you need just from what some of the best drivers in the world use at special tracks.....
Old 03-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Heck, with that mentality, then you really don't need FK05, your FK is more than capable for you to last you for a long long time.

Dom
Old 03-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

You're exactly correct Dom....youdon't NEED an Fk05...but that's not gonna stop many of us is it?
Old 03-10-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Windsorguy99
You're exactly correct Dom....youdon't NEED an Fk05...but that's not gonna stop many of us is it?
Damn right!

We are all suckers when it comes to the latest greatest thing!

Dom
Old 03-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mdoc
I just dont understand how everyone knows the 2.5 wont work most of the time......who tried one that can say that.....xray choose the 2.5 Im sure because they think its the best all around choice.....

If it came with a 5 mm. chassi, i think most of you would probably still want the bmi lol (me too probably), but until we get to drive one we kinda need to trust the xray team drivers on what to send for the car
We know that the 2.5 is not the best because none of the factory guys will be running it. Just like they have been running parts that are unavailable to the general public. Xray is not putting out what is the best for the various markets. They are putting the car out and then will release the parts to make it better. In the US, they are giving us a diff now because people requested that.....Well, how about putting out a carpet car? For those of us that run carpet this will be a 500-600 car when its all said and done. We will need the wide top deck, thick chassis, carpet shock tower....hard arms....oops those dont exist. Read the race report from the birds....they all had to rebuild their cars when they got there....could that have been the chassis...you bet!!! Yes, the car is good out of the box but its not good enough or you would not see the thick graphite on the team cars. They are no different than any other company.....corally has a thicker chassis that will be available....I guess that there is no way that they can release a car that is perfect for all forms of racing but it would be real nice if the carpet guys could get a version of the car that would cost a little more but not hundreds more.

Just save me the discussion about whether or not the chassis needs changed....like I said, the factory guys have had arms, chassis, bulkeads etc...that we cant get. Anyone that has run the car on carpet knows it needs hard arms....the guys run them but they are not included in a kit or even available to you and I yet. They have had them on their cars for probably close to a year!!!
Old 03-10-2005, 04:00 PM
TC3
Tech Regular

does the kit come with different sway bars?
are 3° and 6° c-hubs included ?

what hop-ups do i need ?
and what spare parts ?

thx

this will be my first xray
Old 03-10-2005, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3

what hop-ups do i need ?
and what spare parts ?

thx

sway bars are not included, 3 degree hubs are included.
Spares:

Spring set
F & R lower suspension arm
c hubs
F & R hubs
pulleys and belts.

I have all this from my old FK but has yet to use them, but is always to have spare anyway.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TC3

what hop-ups do i need ?
and what spare parts ?

thx

Unless they changed something....the kit does not come with sway bars or your choice of c-hubs. I am assuming that you get the 3 deg hubs like on previous releases. You will love your xray. You will enjoy building it...just order parts. Get a good number of c-hubs and steering knuckles...thats about all you will break. You have to do something really special to break an arm. You may want to check out teamtamale.com for their aluminum c-hubs. Much better than the xray version. The xray aluminum c-hubs might as well be made of the worlds softest aluminum. One nice feature of the xray aluminum c-hubs is that they are adjustable....hit a board and your 3 degree can be 9 degree c-hubs

Getting a spare belt is a good idea as is the spring steel axles for the front.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:00 PM
TC3
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Joneser
hit a board and your 3 degree can be 9 degree c-hubs
wow that is a nice feature

anyway i think there is no need for alu hubs, they only add wight..

the xray front swaybar is 23$ ..

now what is a good xray shop (cheap) that ships to europe ?
i know speedtech allready..

and where to finde xray setups ?

thx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.