Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Old 05-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Thrust Bearing Info from RC America

I copied this from the forum on Xray's website.

We received the trust bearings in the middle of last week. We mailed a large number of bearings out on Thursday, May 12. If we had received your email before May 12, your bearings were mailed out. We should have another batch leaving today or tomorrow.

Due to the large number of customers in need of bearings, we have not been sending confirmation messages upon receipt of every email. Obviously this has caused some confusion, and I apologize for that. I will send either a shipping confirmation or receipt confirmation today for all customers who have contacted us.

Bryan
RC America
Old 05-16-2005, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i posted ealier that my car was loose off power. i thought it was fixed but now it is back to being loose. the car is great when the track is cool, but when the track heats up the car is crap. i tride putting more drop in the rear, going from 3 to 2 hples open in the front shocks, putting a front sway bar on, taking weight out of the front and also out of the rear, and also going from light blue to blue springs in the front.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Hey Bro it doesnt sound like your setup, it sounds like your tires are heating up to much. I had the same problem every year around the same time. During practice my 27s are perfect then later when the building gets more heat they go away. I have found out that if I run the 32s when it gets hot they last the whole race, but they are kind of icey at first so you have to take two or three laps to get them heated up, or you can break out the tire warmers. Hope this helps.

Whats your set up? What type of track do you run on?
Originally posted by kyle "hitawall"
i posted ealier that my car was loose off power. i thought it was fixed but now it is back to being loose. the car is great when the track is cool, but when the track heats up the car is crap. i tride putting more drop in the rear, going from 3 to 2 hples open in the front shocks, putting a front sway bar on, taking weight out of the front and also out of the rear, and also going from light blue to blue springs in the front.
Old 05-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey Kyle, this last race at TQ I noticed my tires at the end of a run being hot as hell, so that could be a problem. Good luck man!
Old 05-16-2005, 05:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Anybody have a problem with stripping out the bottom silver chassis screws? I use my 2mm green integy wrench and It seems to strip the screws. What wrench do you guys use?

Last edited by HRCRACER123; 05-16-2005 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got my exchange axial bearings in the mail today from RC America! Only took about 10 days from when I sent the e-mail to them!
Old 05-16-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by HRCRACER123
Anybody have a problem with stripping out the bottom silver chassis screws? I use my 2mm green integy wrench and It seems to strip the screws. What wrench do you guys use?

HRCRacer, are you taking the threads off the screws or rounding them out with the wrench?

I have only rounded 2 screws (using the cheap allen keys) Not stripped any threads yet... Mebbe you dunno your own strength?
Old 05-16-2005, 07:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Martyn. I am rounding the hexes with brand new drivers. I went through 2 brand new tips. I just thinks its not the right tool for those screws. I give up.. I am the only one with this problem?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Well the screws are aluminum.

I use a 5/64 driver, but I also have a 2mm round head, but I don't use it on the aluminum chassis screws. I am told that usually a 5/64 driver is actually the same as 2mm...

I use Titan drivers, and no problems. APS sells stainless steel screws, doubt you will round those off, though then if you aren't careful you risk stripping the threads in the bulkheads... Eventually I will replace all the screws with stainless but right now the alu ones are in good shape..
Old 05-16-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Re: Thrust Bearing Info from RC America

Originally posted by brianrice
I copied this from the forum on Xray's website.

We received the trust bearings in the middle of last week. We mailed a large number of bearings out on Thursday, May 12. If we had received your email before May 12, your bearings were mailed out. We should have another batch leaving today or tomorrow.

Due to the large number of customers in need of bearings, we have not been sending confirmation messages upon receipt of every email. Obviously this has caused some confusion, and I apologize for that. I will send either a shipping confirmation or receipt confirmation today for all customers who have contacted us.

Bryan
RC America
Cool Bryan, I just received the confirmation E-Mail from you today, it's nice to know. Also, just got the Multi-Diff and the 1-Way lube I've ordered today. Got the Multi-Diff set-up in the car as a locked one-way, I can't wait to try that badboy out this weekend!!

Thanx,

Stan
Old 05-16-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by MartynD
Well the screws are aluminum.

I use a 5/64 driver, but I also have a 2mm round head, but I don't use it on the aluminum chassis screws. I am told that usually a 5/64 driver is actually the same as 2mm...

I use Titan drivers, and no problems. APS sells stainless steel screws, doubt you will round those off, though then if you aren't careful you risk stripping the threads in the bulkheads... Eventually I will replace all the screws with stainless but right now the alu ones are in good shape..
Actually the screws are stainless. I use a Hudy wrench and haven't had any issues, yet.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by HRCRACER123
Hudy wrenches.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

where can I order PRS spurgears online ? Thx guys.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

http://teameamotorsports.com/ has them in stock right now I believe....great guy to deal with
Old 05-17-2005, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Has anyone got the 3mm chassis .... the one that has pre-milled battery slots? Can anyone confirm if this chassis fits 3700 cells better .... in other words have they made any changes to the slots?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.