Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T1FK05

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thrust (axial) bearing Exchange programme

Official announcement has been made on the X Ray Forum of an exchange programme for the affected axial bearings in the diff.

Well done X Ray for supporting their customers
Old 05-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

XRAY announces an exchange program for the Axial Ball-Bearing 3x8x3.5 which was installed in the differential of the T1FK'05 kits. If you are an owner of an T1FK'05, please read following:

Issue:

The axial bearing installed in the alu differentials used in all the T1FK'05 kits had changed specification by the bearing manufacturer. The difference between the previous and newer version of the axial bearing is in the cage. The new version of the cage can be easily recognised, it is a silver cage covered only from one side. There have been reports that balls may fall out of the cage, causing the differential to not work properly.

Solution:

It has been claimed that the new version of the cage is manufactured within all standards and limits. Also, the reports say that not everybody experiences this issue, therefore it may happen that many owners can run the T1FK'05 with the current one-side axial bearing cage without any problem. However, XRAY stands for premium quality and high performance requirements, and therefore XRAY has decided to exchange all the new version silver cages for the well-proven double-sided covered cage. With the help and support from distributors, XRAY extends this exchange program to all T1FK'05 owners.

How to Proceed:

Please read carefully how to proceed if you are a T1FK'05 owner.

► Please note that the exchange program will be organised and proceed through the authorized XRAY distribution network and each distributor is allowed to accommodate the conditions and terms which will apply to their local market. You have to follow any specific or different requirements of your distributor.

Please send following information to your national distributor either by e-mail or fax:

• Your full name
• Your full address
• Your day and night phone number
• Your e-mail address
• Your Serial Number printed on the Certificate you have received included in the T1FK'05 kit
• You may be asked for copy of the proof of purchase (receipt), so please have it ready.

When you send an e-mail, please write in the Subject line of the e-mail:
"XRAY T1FK'05 Axial Bearing Exchange Program Application".

If you do not know who your national distributor is, please follow this link and in the drop-down menu select the country where you live. If you have problems you may contact the XRAY Support Team at [email protected] with all the above information and you will be advised how to proceed or your e-mail will be forwarded to your national distributor.

► Please note that the distributor may restrict the exchange program only to that kit you have purchased locally. Distributors reserve the right to refuse to send replacement axial bearing to those customers who purchased the kit from a third country (either via e-shop, eBay, friend, etc.)

► The distributor will send the replacement axial bearing cage to you directly, or will send it to your local dealer. You will be informed about the way how you will receive the replacement cage.

► You will receive only the replacement cage. You will NOT receive the two small shims of the axial bearing, as these are good and are not necessary to exchange.
All customers in North America will receive two (2) cages because all the T1FK'05 kits exported to the North America included two ball differentials.

► You do not need to return the one-side silver cage of the axial bearing. Please throw away the one-side silver cage, so you do not use it in future by mistake.

► To exchange the cage of the axial bearing is very easy. Please read and follow the Instruction manual of the T1FK'05, page 3 and 4 where you can read how to install the axial bearing easily. You can also download the shortened instructions.

Please remember to lubricate the axial bearing appropriately and at the same time you may add more grease to the balls in the ball differential as well if you feel your original diff is not greased sufficiently. Please use only the original XRAY grease included in the kit.

If you have any questions, please contact XRAY Support Team at [email protected] or contact your national distributor.

XRAY would like to take this opportunity to apologize for this issue and any disruptions that arise from this issue. XRAY guarantees that more emphasis will be addressed on further improving our TQM (Total Quality Management) to guarantee the outstanding premium quality for which XRAY is well known for.

Thank you for your continuing support.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Now thats what we call proper customer support....way to go Xray
Old 05-04-2005, 07:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

dan-o, which version do you have? I have an unopened plastic shock set (308010) for the original T1.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Thanks all for your help and fast responses.... I am placing an order with ashford....

Clyon I want a bunch more stuff now.... I can just order what is needed. Thanks
Old 05-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Re: Thrust exchange...

Take note those of you who purchased your kits overseas...
Old 05-04-2005, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally posted by MartynD
They haven't arrived yet Dave

have you gotten your thrusts yet?
Old 05-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

Not yet Dave,

I am waiting several items shipped from different places in the US all ordered at approximately the same time. Nothing has shown up yet. I also ordered some other parts a few of weeks ago that I know were shipped at least 2-3 weeks back and they haven't arrived either.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thrust Bearing exchange info

Just in case some of you guys dont know, RCAmerica is the American Xray distributor. Their email is [email protected] for the thrust bearing exchange.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Default xray chassis and brace bearing seats for xray

hey guys anyone got the black seats that go in the chassis and chassis brace. need bearings to. someone hook me up i need asap
hit me an email or call me 3046872341
[email protected]
Old 05-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Michal101, rdub202, and ALBERTO for the kind words.

tc3Guru The parts you are looking for are:
XRA302551 Servo saver cover/eccentric 2
XRA930407 Ball Brg 4 x 7 x 2.5 (2PCS)

Should be easy to find.

Last edited by rpoage; 05-04-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

What pistons do you run in the tamiya?
Old 05-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Addict

Hi Guys

I am building my x-ray shocks and was wondering if you use the non-adjustable pistons what the best starting point for number of holes is? Also what weight oil is the best starting point front and rear?

Cheers
Scott
Old 05-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

I used three holes and the 30wt oil that came with the kit. Works fine.
Old 05-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default Re: Thrust Bearing exchange info

Originally posted by John Fontaine
Just in case some of you guys dont know, RCAmerica is the American Xray distributor. Their email is [email protected] for the thrust bearing exchange.
Anyone knows if RC America will replace the thrust bearing purchased by overseas customers. I got my 05 from Speedtech and our local distributor has said only local purchase kits will be replaced.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.