Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Replacement for a Quaser Pro?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Replacement for a Quaser Pro?

My Quaser Pro charger died last night at the track. No clue what went wrong, it was charging a battery when I went out for the second heat, it was dead as a doornail when I came back. No fuses are blown, the internal power supply is still producing power but...nothing else works. Time for a new charger.

I bought the Quasar Pro used and really liked it (while it worked). It had a lot of great features and only let me down once. What I'm looking for are suggestions for a replacement. I don't want to break the bank on a charger since there are other things I had already planned to buy (like a new radio).

Should I just buy another Quasar Pro?
I have a line on a used Integy 16x7 Pro, is that a comparable charger?
Is there another charger that's a good bet for a used charger with decent features?
I could buy an IntelliPeak Digital new for about the same price as a used Quasar, is that a better bet?
Old 01-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Default Call reedy!

I would call reedy, tell them what happened, send it in or take it if your in SoCal area, i'm sure they could fix it for a fraction of what a new charger will cost, worth a try anyway.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Quasar Pro

I've had mine die a couple of times now since the recall. I send it in and they fix it no problem. Just go to the associated web site and it will tell you what information they need included when you send it in.

There are two of us at the track that have had nothing but problems and I won't recommend to anyone this charger. By the way Integy and Reedy are made by the same company: Eagle so if your going to something else I'd say the LRP Pulsar or I've heard good things about the Duratrax ICE. There is a thread for the ice you can ck it out for yourself.