Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
How come nobody allows brushless to run in MOD? >

How come nobody allows brushless to run in MOD?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How come nobody allows brushless to run in MOD?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think the advantage that offroad has is mod is the dominant class. More mod = more opportunity to run brushless. I just want the chance to get some of Eddie0's HP and open it up on the 200 foot straight away!!!!!!! and we also run on foam tires outside....pure adhesion!
Old 01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Besercoe - I was talking about the only speed control that is currently available that has decent throttle control...Novak. [/B][/QUOTE]

I would suggest you try a U-Force 75 controller.
Old 01-28-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Is it funny there are so many reasons they are slower and don't perform well but they still aren't legal? There's no advatange so open the class up!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

2. Current brushless speed controls barely survive with the current 5800Kv motors. Thermal shutdowns are common when really fast guys use them in sedans.
Dude, Adrain just called me fast! LOL, I went into thermal 3 times at the Novak race...granted there was a problem with my Stator and once I put a different motor on there speedo I never shut down again....

But thanks for calling me fast Adrian,
Old 01-28-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

You see Gary, I told you not to replace your trigger with a toggle switch, lol on-off, on-off, on-off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BL

Actually, I see the problem like this, they are a little faster than a real good 19T but not as fast (the Novak system) as the common mod TC motor choices (ie 10T or lower). Kinda makes it tough to fit it in a place. I love the Novak system, and am sold on it 100%. Just cant wait for the rule books to get fixed and the new Novak mod sytem to come out. Those of us that got to see it run at the Novak race know what I am talking about. Stupid Fast!!!!!!!!!!! I am lucky in that our local track lets the Novak BL race with 19T since the track is so small it doesnt matter, the little bit of extra speed and the bunches of extra, off the corner rip, cant be used anyway.
Old 01-28-2005, 06:38 PM

i have a brushless...and i run with mod guyz all the time....they dont say anything....their cars are faster then mine because they have perfect settings for the track..but its all good...im almost there anyways....plus they are way good drivers than i am..-