Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10? >

Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Capricorn Lab C-02 OR Shepherd Velox V10?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Good to know. Thanks 'blis'

I really don;t know which way to go with this, which car to get.???

BM
The Capricorn C02 of course!.
Just compare the amount of support and interest between the two brands here on rctech for one.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by British Menace
Good to know. Thanks 'blis'

I really don;t know which way to go with this, which car to get.???

BM
In terms of real results that you may find relevant. Luke my son drove a G4EVO+WC with a shepherd clutch at the National Titles with a Nova353, when he returned with a Capricorn C02 he was 1 second faster, straight from the get go.

Guy my other son who drove the G4EVO+WC earlier that year, with the Shepherd was .5 seconds faster (out of then box). So both cars are better than a G4 mainly due to the rolling mass if diffs etc. Both my sons agree that both cars are quicker than the G4. Guy said the V10 was easier to work on, Luke doesnt have any problems working on the C02.

So it all falls into your court as to which chassis you will get the most support for, what you prefer personally and which is easier on the pocket.

One important note to mention, we have not broken ANY parts on a C02 that werent caused by a build error. So it's not a good issue to base the purchase of a C02 based on the parts costs.

I've stripped and broken more G4 parts than I have either of our newer cars. With the capricorn it's an additional cost for genuine brass components and you'll need them @1725g, the V10 is an immediate LiFe upgrade or you will be heavy or frustrated, dont buy the Lithium Shepard 2s cylinder pack, then electronics failed.

And before some of the others throw old cracked wheels at me....

Get the C02!!!
Old 03-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Default Capricorn products

Hello Everybody,

I just like to inform you that you can purchase Capricorn products from my 2 shops rc-netshop.dk and Ebay store Kangaroo-Company...

At the moment rc-netshop are down for maintenance but will be up and running soon.

I have the distribution of Capricorn in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and also sends world wide. Also the distribution of Orcan and JP GIMAR engines for Denmark...

But anyway I got a big stock of Capricorn products and its still getting bigger, if you need something you dont find in the shops, send me an email at nikolaj(at)rc-netshop.dk or sales(at)rc-netshop.dk and IŽll help you... We do have products still not inserted in the shop...

See you on the track
Old 03-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
In terms of real results that you may find relevant. Luke my son drove a G4EVO+WC with a shepherd clutch at the National Titles with a Nova353, when he returned with a Capricorn C02 he was 1 second faster, straight from the get go.

Guy my other son who drove the G4EVO+WC earlier that year, with the Shepherd was .5 seconds faster (out of then box). So both cars are better than a G4 mainly due to the rolling mass if diffs etc. Both my sons agree that both cars are quicker than the G4. Guy said the V10 was easier to work on, Luke doesnt have any problems working on the C02.

So it all falls into your court as to which chassis you will get the most support for, what you prefer personally and which is easier on the pocket.

One important note to mention, we have not broken ANY parts on a C02 that werent caused by a build error. So it's not a good issue to base the purchase of a C02 based on the parts costs.

I've stripped and broken more G4 parts than I have either of our newer cars. With the capricorn it's an additional cost for genuine brass components and you'll need them @1725g, the V10 is an immediate LiFe upgrade or you will be heavy or frustrated, dont buy the Lithium Shepard 2s cylinder pack, then electronics failed.

And before some of the others throw old cracked wheels at me....

Get the C02!!!
We are using a 4cell Nickel Metal battery pack in the V10. Works great. The car can loose some weight fast. Diff pins, and Ti screws up top. It is still not as lite as the Cap though.
Old 03-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Tech Elite

The talk about weight on these two cars interest me. Looking back to when I had the G4...... I do recal after ALOT of work, I managed to get the race weight of the car down to 1608g before adding. Wdight for the race!
Will be intersting where the wight is on the cars .... the newer cars.
Thank you again to all who participated in this thread and thank you for all of your inputs on this. I think with either car I would be fasterso I'm excited to just be getting a newer car.

Unless I have a last minute impetuous blood rush from somewhere, lol. I will be going with the Velox V10:
So looking foreward to shaking it down at our new local track when it gets upand-running.
Thanks ahgain all

Anthonythe (British Menace)-