Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Default Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2

Hi, has anyone tried the new Sigma 2 by Kawada? Just wondering how does the car handles? I just bought mine. But I've not finish fixing up the car.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:50 PM
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
Where did you get the Kawada Sigma2 part#k1300 from or is it the Sigma 1 part #k1200?how much did it cost?
leave more feed back when it's done,and pic's.
sac
Old 01-26-2005, 12:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
Where did you get the Kawada Sigma2 part#k1300 from or is it the Sigma 1 part #k1200?how much did it cost?
leave more feed back when it's done,and pic's.
sac
It's the new Sigma 2. Single belt drive with front one way. It's different from Sigma 1. I bought mine for about S$650 from a LHS in Singapore. Should be about US$400. I'll post some pics once it's done.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Tech Addict

I've attached a pic of the new Sigma 2. Single belt drive. The pic is from Kawada website. My car is still under construction.
Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-ph_sigma2.jpg  
Old 01-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Tech Addict

Some more pics:

Old 01-27-2005, 11:50 PM
sac
Tech Regular

Default Sigma 2

GT RACER

Did you get your Sigma2 built yet?if so ,have you had a chance to run it?did you like how it went together ?any tips on building it?
please post as much info as you can on this thread!
www.kawadaracing.com(U.S dist. site) is taking pre-orders for the Sigma 2 ,for mid- Feb.They will ship anywhere!
check out the picture's posted on this thread.
thanks
sac
Old 01-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

My car is almost done. But I've already tested out my friend's Sigma 2. The car has lots of steering. It's somewhat like a combination in characteristics of a shaft and belt driven car. It can turn really well into corners and very aggressive at throttling out of corners. the single belt drivetrain is perfect.

Building the car is really easy. Very straight forward. Shouldn't have much difficulty even for newbies. One thing I'm quite disappointed is that I found my chassis (new) to be slightly tweaked (especially towards the front right). The chassis doesn't lay flat on my setup board. i wonder if it's a manufacturing defect? Same goes to my friend's Sigma 2. But overall, the car is really easy to handle and drive.

Some option parts that is a must to get. These are the anti-roll bars, the shock spring (stock spring is too soft), alloy hubs for 4 wheels, and rear toe-in blocks.

Overall, great car!

I'll post more of the car when I'm done with more testing on the mine.

Last edited by GT Racer; 01-28-2005 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:46 PM
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
GREAT !the more information and picture's the better.How many Sigma's 1or 2 are running were you live?is 23 t motor class popular were you are?it's odd about the chassie tweak ,i have never heard of that problem on ANY kawada car.
As soon as you or your friend get a good setup for the Sigma can you post it!and you may want to email it to www.kawadaracing.com as well,they will post it on the website.
do you think the ability to move the motor mount 7mm will be a great tuning tool and what about that dust blocker near the pinion?
thanks
sac
Old 01-29-2005, 09:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
GREAT !the more information and picture's the better.How many Sigma's 1or 2 are running were you live?is 23 t motor class popular were you are?it's odd about the chassie tweak ,i have never heard of that problem on ANY kawada car.
As soon as you or your friend get a good setup for the Sigma can you post it!and you may want to email it to www.kawadaracing.com as well,they will post it on the website.
do you think the ability to move the motor mount 7mm will be a great tuning tool and what about that dust blocker near the pinion?
thanks
sac
There are 3 cars (all Sigma 2) currently running on the track where i live. Stock class wasn't as popular here. Most of us are running mod.

I've just tested it today on 2 packs of batt.
Here's what happen. I stripped my spur gear on the first lap of test because the dust blocker came in contact with it. I think the dust blocker should be made of alloy instead of plastic. Because it's plastic, I can't tighten too much as it's mounted together with the screw that tigten the motor. It has to be taken off.

However, I think all the above problem may not happen if you're running on a stock.

For those who's running mod like 12T, 10T or even 8T, don't use the plastic pin protector on the rear dogbone. The plastic material is not strong enough to take the high speed rotation.

I test mine with a 8T V2 motor. I tried it on asphalt track (outdoor). The track has very technical in-field with a good long straight. The car is just superb in handling high speed corners. Lots of steering! Too much in fact that I have to reduce the steering travel. I'll try to get some pics and the setup of my car soon.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:12 PM
sac
Tech Regular

GT RACER
Have you compared the Sigma 1 and Sigma2 to see if there is a weight difference? Sigma2 is supposed to be much lighter.
Just wondering .
do you like how you can adjust the rear diff now?
sac
Old 01-31-2005, 12:31 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by sac
GT RACER
Have you compared the Sigma 1 and Sigma2 to see if there is a weight difference? Sigma2 is supposed to be much lighter.
Just wondering .
do you like how you can adjust the rear diff now?
sac
Oh yes. The weight. The car is very light. Though I've never run a Sigma 1 before, comparing it with my 415, there's really an obvious difference.

The adjustment of the diff is just superb. Extremely easy to adjust. Just chuck in an allen key and rotate the other end. No part need to be remove before this!

No regrets getting the car although it's quite expensive. I believe this car has lots of potential.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Finally! Got some pics of my car! Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-001.jpg  
Old 01-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Addict

Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-003.jpg  
Old 01-31-2005, 10:19 AM
Tech Addict

Attached Thumbnails Kawada SV-10 Sigma 2-sigma2-002.jpg  

Last edited by GT Racer; 01-31-2005 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh Man.....looks like it's time for ANOTHER new car !!
GT, you suggested the sway bars, shock springs, hubs and toe in blocks........I don't see the sway bars on your car. Do they mount differently than the Sigma 1 ?? Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.