Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Old 03-10-2014, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Cool appreciate it guys!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would sand the mold seam off, sauce the tires and ziplock them. The sidewalk scuff sounds grey at best. Downright liiegal at worst.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

natural run tires work best imo
Old 03-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Bust this site loose - it's TIME, it's TIME for the "Trans-Am" to allow more bodies, and more motors. Make it like "real" road racing and mix 2-3 classes together.

Have an OVER and UNDER and an OPEN class - run them all together - and try to always have 20 cars on ALL tracks...and make guys who run the slower class learn to let FAST guys by, and make FAST guys learn how to set up and pass slower class cars.

Ok, I'm not really serious about this for the USVTA - but it does sound kinda FUN to me...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

no
Old 03-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
no
What he said ^^^
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Joe,
I saw something on Facebook where there is a group who is going to put LM1, USGT, and another class on track at once. Might have been Formula R/C in Wisconsin.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
Joe,
I saw something on Facebook where there is a group who is going to put LM1, USGT, and another class on track at once. Might have been Formula R/C in Wisconsin.
I think you are talking about this: http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...r-hobbies.html

https://www.facebook.com/unitedsportscarrc?ref=profile
Old 03-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

I'm up for special events that mix it up. That doesn't mean I want the class to change. But a good promoter could make a race be anything he wants. Guys will build a car just for a special race and drive across five states to run it IF they expect a great turnout and a good time. I would and I'm not even hardcore.

I would also be up for tracks that often have a small USGT turnout to let the USGT guys toss a 25.5 motor in their ride and run with the VTA. I have allowed a USVTA ride to enter the USGT class and race the same car back to back in two classes.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
Have an OVER and UNDER and an OPEN class - run them all together - and try to always have 20 cars on ALL tracks...and make guys who run the slower class learn to let FAST guys by, and make FAST guys learn how to set up and pass slower class cars.

Ok, I'm not really serious about this for the USVTA - but it does sound kinda FUN to me...
The only trouble is getting enough turn marshals for a 20 car field.
Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

I'm good with VTA just like it is. : )
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigMBA
The only trouble is getting enough turn marshals for a 20 car field.
Been there...done that! But it was still fun!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Vta packs back in!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
simple answer no(imo)....the thing ppl have to realize is by having only one motor company has seriously lead to the growth of the class. If the issues that surround the Novak motor such as what ppl find in QC, imagine if we had 2 or three more companies involved....we just doubled or tripled the same issue.

If the USVTA would allow such as the XXX motor and if only "1" person finds a little more speed in it, guess what?...years of proven racing and fun go out the window, and considering no body is police the 25.5's ie ROAR, its a turkey shoot.

The USVTA is growing for a lot of reasons, but I strongly believe its due to the simple fact...its not broken, lets keep it that way
The only issue I have with the one motor rule IS THE QUALITY ISSUE! and I disagree that having more than one source of motors will make the situation worse. Most of my posts here since December have been related to getting my NOVAK BOSS 25.5 motor to work like any other brushless motor I've ever had since 2006. A little more speed, hell I just wanted the damn thing to run. From the other posts I've seen here, my experience with the BOSS is far from being atypical. While many on this thread like to stick their head in the sand pretending there aren't any problems with VTA and berate those who suggest change, I ask you, Is Novak going to address their QC problem without any competitive pressure? 40 years of dealing with contractors says NO WAY! The only thing that pressures manufactures to improve their product is the threat of losing business. IMO you cannot get anything fixed by continuing to ignore problems.

As I have said before the quality issue, itself creates a motor of the week war. But here you are looking for that one awesome motor among many. Trust me, been there and done that with STREET SPEC many moons ago.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Wallace2
The only issue I have with the one motor rule IS THE QUALITY ISSUE! and I disagree that having more than one source of motors will make the situation worse. Most of my posts here since December have been related to getting my NOVAK BOSS 25.5 motor to work like any other brushless motor I've ever had since 2006. A little more speed, hell I just wanted the damn thing to run. From the other posts I've seen here, my experience with the BOSS is far from being atypical. While many on this thread like to stick their head in the sand pretending there aren't any problems with VTA and berate those who suggest change, I ask you, Is Novak going to address their QC problem without any competitive pressure? 40 years of dealing with contractors says NO WAY! The only thing that pressures manufactures to improve their product is the threat of losing business. IMO you cannot get anything fixed by continuing to ignore problems.

As I have said before the quality issue, itself creates a motor of the week war. But here you are looking for that one awesome motor among many. Trust me, been there and done that with STREET SPEC many moons ago.
It sucks that you had a problem with your motor. It's never fun when something you just buy is DOA or isn't working as expected. Overall I haven't heard that many problems over the years with the Novak USVTA motors. There are always going to be exceptions and a possible bad X that will come from any company. If there were a lot of people with issues like you had then I would understand 100%. It's not like they are going to be like OH it's a 25.5 motor who cares about checking this one vs the other motors they sell.

Anyways, from what I have read is that your motor is now working, correct? So that is good. Sure it took longer to figure out what was going on. I remember you saying it was sent in for testing and it came back with the OK. Just wondering if you adjusted the timing or anything after it came back before running it again and the screws where tightened to much when you did. Maybe not... Not all things are going to be a "known issue" and have a "known fix" until it happens to someone, so I guess this wasn't something Novak at the time was aware of like they are now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.