Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hopper you should not compromise your USVTA class. Go by the straight rules. For your 21.5 blinky guys you should remind them that VTA shells are legal in USGT, as are all ROAR 21.5 motors and Blinky ESC.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 03-13-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna
SpeedPassion makes a nice spec 25.5 motor which sells for under $40, sounds about right for a cheap spec class
If this ever becomes an approved motor I'm going to buy one just to try it out. Since its so cheap I'm surprised it hasn't been considered for approval yet. I do like my rebuildable Ballistics though.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Thanks to everyone for their input/opinions!

I have decided to strictly enforce the rules as per the usvta site. Guys that want to run other bodies/motors/escs etc are basically talking about running usgt. We will offer and promote both classes. Both look like a lot of fun and the cars look awesome!

The track will be at Delta RC here in Antioch, CA
Old 03-13-2013, 03:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Hopper99
Thanks to everyone for their input/opinions!

I have decided to strictly enforce the rules as per the usvta site. Guys that want to run other bodies/motors/escs etc are basically talking about running usgt. We will offer and promote both classes. Both look like a lot of fun and the cars look awesome!

The track will be at Delta RC here in Antioch, CA
Yep, Full USVTA. That's what we run at Speedworld in Sacramento.
Maybe we could get a series going where your guys run at SWR and we run at your track
Old 03-13-2013, 06:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rojna
SpeedPassion makes a nice spec 25.5 motor which sells for under $40, sounds about right for a cheap spec class
Originally Posted by DarthRacer
If this ever becomes an approved motor I'm going to buy one just to try it out. Since its so cheap I'm surprised it hasn't been considered for approval yet. I do like my rebuildable Ballistics though.
well that sucks....
Old 03-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
well that sucks....

Confused Sucks it hasn't been approved or sucks that I/we would try it?
I'm not trying to rock the rules boat at all. I just won't buy an unapproved motor.

I am surprised though at how much zip that 25.5 Ballistic has when the timing is set to 45!!
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
well that sucks....
Confused Sucks it hasn't been approved or sucks that I/we would try it?
Yes. All of the above.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wwddww34
Yes. All of the above.

LOL OK OK. Like I said I'm not trying to rock the rules boat. As a matter of fact I'm one of the guys at my local track trying to stick hard to only allowing 25.5 motors in VTA but there are those who whine to run their 21.5 of choice. I like the rules as they are written.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

LOL OK OK. Like I said I'm not trying to rock the rules boat. As a matter of fact I'm one of the guys at my local track trying to stick hard to only allowing 25.5 motors in VTA but there are those who whine to run their 21.5 of choice. I like the rules as they are written.
+1000
The USVTA rules as they are written right now has almost quintupled the number VTA drivers all around the USA and around the world.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Has anyone tested the SpeedPassion 25.5 against a Novak SS Pro 25.5 in a side by side club race night to see if there's any real difference between the 2? If none of the current 25.5 motors on the market offer any true benefit (excluding the Novak Ballistic 25.5 which is the only motor with legal timing available) then there's really no reason why these motors shouldn't be allowed.

The only down side here is, those of us with the Novak Havoc Club Spec speed control are stuck with just the Novak motors which really isn't a bad thing as of right now for me.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:23 AM
pbr
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Being fairly new to racing i have seen for myself It is best to go by a standard set of rules If they want to run a faster class there's Turring classes Stick with the US VTA rules Stop problems before they start. There is always someone That says we can do it cheaper Or I don't want to buy anything new All I have this old stuff I want to use Just remember All motors, ESC's and tires are not created equal
Someone will always figured out which one is better
Old 03-14-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pbr
Being fairly new to racing i have seen for myself It is best to go by a standard set of rules If they want to run a faster class there's Turring classes Stick with the US VTA rules Stop problems before they start. There is always someone That says we can do it cheaper Or I don't want to buy anything new All I have this old stuff I want to use Just remember All motors, ESC's and tires are not created equal
Someone will always figured out which one is better
And that's why you see most people running the Novak Ballistic 25.5 in VTA and I can see why too! The other night I was running in the low 10 second laps with the SS Pro 25.5 while those that were running the ballistic were putting down lap times in the low to mid 9 second range. I'll be getting a Ballistic 25.5 ASAP.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
And that's why you see most people running the Novak Ballistic 25.5 in VTA and I can see why too! The other night I was running in the low 10 second laps with the SS Pro 25.5 while those that were running the ballistic were putting down lap times in the low to mid 9 second range. I'll be getting a Ballistic 25.5 ASAP.
Mike- your welcome to run my SS, the car that it came out of was just as fast as the ones you ran against Tuesday.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
Mike- your welcome to run my SS, the car that it came out of was just as fast as the ones you ran against Tuesday.
I agree. I recently sold my brother in law my TC5R VTA car. I ran a Havok/25.5 Ballistic, and he bought the Edge/25.5SS combo for it. I installed his electronics, and once I had the gearing right the lap times were almost idenical to my Ballistic set up (with me driving it). I can't rember the exact fdr but I think it was around 3.6.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Originally Posted by Racer X79
I agree. I recently sold my brother in law my TC5R VTA car. I ran a Havok/25.5 Ballistic, and he bought the Edge/25.5SS combo for it. I installed his electronics, and once I had the gearing right the lap times were almost idenical to my Ballistic set up (with me driving it). I can't rember the exact fdr but I think it was around 3.6.
racer x you have a pm on your phone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.