Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ercwhtsd, Thanks for chiming in on the differences in the legal speed controls. I was literally doing some research just now and decided to check in here to find out you posted exactly what I was looking for information wise.

I am pretty much ready to buy a VTA ARTR setup and as soon as I'm ready ALL the current adds on here and hobbytalk have dried up. That was something I pretty much expected though. I have 1 possible lead but I won't know anything about that till after the weekend.

Thanks again Eric.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
I'll take a stab at this and try my best.

The smallest of the group in order of adjustability

Reventon/Justock- Full range of adjustments, I beleive they also will require a box.

Hope that helps

Just fyi - as a Justock user myself..... The Justock can be adjusted with the setup button the same way the Novak's program (push the button/ count the lights). You don't have to have the program box (although it makes it much easier).
Old 02-14-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
ercwhtsd, Thanks for chiming in on the differences in the legal speed controls. I was literally doing some research just now and decided to check in here to find out you posted exactly what I was looking for information wise.
Thanks again Eric.
That's what is so great about these forums. Where else are you going to get this kind of stuff! A great racer with gobs of experience running through the list of approved USVTA ESC's. That's information to print and save.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Don't be discouraged about not finding a VTA ride as ARTR. It's not difficult or expensive to build your own ground up with all new stuff that you can beat up your self.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AudioStylz

I am pretty much ready to buy a VTA ARTR setup and as soon as I'm ready ALL the current adds on here and hobbytalk have dried up. That was something I pretty much expected though. I have 1 possible lead but I won't know anything about that till after the weekend.

Thanks again Eric.
Mike- we have a HPI Pro 4 that is in the middle of a rebuild prior to sale if your interested. It has a JRxr3i 75mhz radio and JR270 servo. Heather just started the tear down for inspection and replacement, it should be ready early next week for electronics.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jeckler
I can only watch about 4.5 minutes of that TCM race before Youtube thinks it's done. I downloaded it and WMP does the same thing at around the 11 minute mark and I can't seek past that point either.
Anyone else?
It should play the whole hr or so although i have had issues with youtube doing that sometimes
There are quite a few vids of TCM that might work for ya .
Old 02-15-2013, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Default Temp/Voltage/Mah vs. Timing/Gearing

One of these random thoughts that occasionaly pops into my head.

How many of us use the information provided to us after a run to evaluate our overall performance, car and driver?

Fast lap vs Last Lap over the course of a run in regards to battery performance and gearing/timing?

Motor Temp vs gearing/timing, I know we all look at this, but have you factored in the voltage of the battery after your run and how much we are putting back?

Heat race gearing vs 8 minute main gearing?? How many change gearing for each?

The car whose tires are "squerking" vs the faster car that doesn't make a sound in the corner?

Is your car a touch "pushy" loose in the front side of the run and get better later, or is it on rails up front and tighten up and slow down later?

I know we have all experienced a "soft feel" to the car somewhere in the run, but have you used the above to help diagnose the issue, or just adressed gearing timing?

On our current layout, I will typically use around 950 mah on a 6 minute run and about 1200 on an 8 minute run, with battery voltage at 8.1V after 6 and 8v after 8.

Just a random question to think about
Old 02-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hope this dosen't affect the availability of vintage wheels and bodies.

hobbico purchases hpi-usa assets
Old 02-15-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DarthRacer

If anything, I would think this would help. Instead of being a struggling company - now they have solid backing with a company that has long supported the R/C hobby. Sounds like good news to me.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

This has been in the works for awhile.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

I wonder which model they'll chop first...

Any guesses...
Old 02-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marv
I wonder which model they'll chop first...

Any guesses...
Don't think it will be the S2, maybe wrong. The S2 is a budget belt drive, the Apex Series (Associated) and Thunder Tiger are a direct and a shafty (2Se and 4Se).
Old 02-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Don't think it will be the S2, maybe wrong. The S2 is a budget belt drive, the Apex Series (Associated) and Thunder Tiger are a direct and a shafty (2Se and 4Se).

I hope you're right...
Some S2 specific parts are scarce as hen's teeth and have been for a while...

New owners of HPI could view the S2 as too "problematic" with the belt issues alone that are experienced by street users...
Old 02-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Tech Elite

One of these random thoughts that occasionaly pops into my head.

How many of us use the information provided to us after a run to evaluate our overall performance, car and driver?

Fast lap vs Last Lap over the course of a run in regards to battery performance and gearing/timing?

Motor Temp vs gearing/timing, I know we all look at this, but have you factored in the voltage of the battery after your run and how much we are putting back?

Heat race gearing vs 8 minute main gearing?? How many change gearing for each?

The car whose tires are "squerking" vs the faster car that doesn't make a sound in the corner?

Is your car a touch "pushy" loose in the front side of the run and get better later, or is it on rails up front and tighten up and slow down later?

I know we have all experienced a "soft feel" to the car somewhere in the run, but have you used the above to help diagnose the issue, or just adressed gearing timing?

On our current layout, I will typically use around 950 mah on a 6 minute run and about 1200 on an 8 minute run, with battery voltage at 8.1V after 6 and 8v after 8.

Just a random question to think about

people like you take the spirit out of VTA just throw it down and drive it!
Old 02-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
people like you take the spirit out of VTA just throw it down and drive it!
Yep... my thoughts exactly. I work on it on the bench and tweak in practice, but for the most part it's all about the racin'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.