Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Lavco Cell Mate - HELP! >

Lavco Cell Mate - HELP!

Lavco Cell Mate - HELP!

Old 06-28-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Lavco Cell Mate - HELP!

Just got a Lavco Cell Mate on an eBay auction. It's a single window model with what appears to be a timer of some sort, an on/off switch, and a start button. It has a pair of leads coming off it, one red, one black.

It also came with a separate box, which I assume to be a pack discharger, with a negative lead and separate leads for 4, 6, and 7 (cells, I assume.)

Uh... how the heck does this thing work? Anyone? Someone out there must have a clue. Help a brutha out, huh?

Old 06-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

yeah, i'm curious too. there's another one on there that my friend is all about. i'm trying to hold out for a turbo.
Old 06-29-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

there should be like a 4 pin connector, on both boxes. You ought to be able to hook them up. The discharger should have 1 4 6 7 on the knob. The machine will cycle a single cell, and then give you the time it took to discharge. That's about all you will know.

As an aside, I remember seeing an Orion ad years ago with like 50 or 60 of these things lined up on shelves.