What Servo

Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 AM

naw ive raced r/c cars for a couple years.....just that i see those onroad dudes at SOCAL RACEWAY and i dont wanna get into their way....ive ran alot though...been like wat...4 years....well more...if u count my lil nikko truck
Old 01-23-2005, 08:53 AM

for offroad at socal....i didnt really need to bother about the servo....got a 10 buck servo and put it in the xxx and it turned amazingly fast... but now im into onroad....i need to get a better servo..and u gotta admit...those guyz drive liek CRAZEE
Old 01-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ok then I say you will still like the Futaba it really is the best bang for your buck for size and power. Look at the numbers on that link I put it a couple posts ago. I think though you can be competative with even the Hitec one. My brother in law still uses one and he finished 2nd in intermediate two weeks ago at SoCal. I havn't been able to get down there for a race night, I have a wife who loves Saturdays.....But hey if you can get up to HotRod Hobbies in Febuary they are starting to race sedans @10:00AM on saturdays. I will be out there every other saturday Look for the big kinda fat guy with the Yokomo and I will try to give you some pointers but I am still just getting completely into Racing so my knowledge is still growing too. Hope all this helps.
Stephen <><
Old 01-23-2005, 09:43 AM

yeh it does...im really considering getting the futaba...the only thing is....does it work with a HITEC radio
Old 01-23-2005, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

talking about servo's, i never understood what coreless ment, would someone mind explaining that to me please?
Old 01-23-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Regular

I have an Airtronics MX3S and am looking to upgrade the standard servo that came with it..

I don't want to spend over $100 on one, but what servos will work... digital, FET? which brands and plugs will fit? (my rcvr uses Z)

MartynD
Old 01-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

ko propo 2123 is very good but so is the futaba 9550

Chazz
Old 01-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Tech Regular

Can any tx/rx use a digital servo so long as plugs match etc?
Old 01-23-2005, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Must plugs now from all manufactures have either a J type or the standard type. even with the J type(futaba and Ko Propo) all you have to do is cut off the little tad with some dikes. Just pay attention to where the black/Brown wires go. All most all receivers use the black/brown wire to the outside, but check your owners manual. I say if you can afford a $100 servo I say for on road touring then the Futaba S9550 mainly because it is so small and digital and metal geared. The Ko propo 2123 is massive over kill IMHO.
Hope this helps,
Stephen <><
P.S. I had to cut my little tab off also, it just matters that you get the wires on right.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default Servo choises

You might find this link usefull, for servo choises.