Community
Wiki Posts
Search

eXpress Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 04:52 AM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Thanks to Larry & Jason for the setup assistance over the week, and to Tag for all the motor work.

Hope to see everyone at the Halloween Classic and/or Indoor Champs!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Had a great time in Vegas!! It was great seeing Al, Brandon (You my boy B!), Tag, and the Jerry Schrefftrace again. The team worked well and thanks to Tag and Yorga, my HP was badass all week. Didnt do as well as I wanted, but my car looked good all week and I had a blast. I'll be back next year

See you all at the Gay-te for the Halloween Classic!
Old 10-02-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey all..

All orders to date were shipped..

I will be offline tonight thru monday due to my move so I will return all PMs and E mails then...

Guys going to The Gate.. We will have a large team going this year. Please let me know if your deff going via e mail [email protected]. I will have a return e mail to those whom reply about the weekend events there.Please ALL whom are going reply asap. Really looking foward to this event......
Old 10-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Tag,

Thanks for all the motor help this weekend. My car was super fast!!

Paul
Old 10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let's see here... Tags wants a Race Report and he shall receive...

Team Express had an awesome showing at Vegas.

When we walked in for practice on Wednesday, most all of us were expecting super low bite conditions just like last year. Well, as usual, conditions were completely opposite. The traction levels we ran on were higher than possibly even SnowBirds '07. The biggest problem on Wednesday practice was the carpet fuz. Cars would literally run 2 minutes and just completely lose traction from tires being covered in fuz. This eventually subsided on Thursday and we were really able to get to business.

Out of the gates for Thursday practice, my car was quick in 19t and Larry's car was top fuel in stock. He ended the day on Thursday with the quickest single lap time in practice for stock. Robbie wasn't very far behind along with X Man. Brandon was also putting in good times in stock rubber and Tags himself was finally starting to drive decently.

Going into the first day of Qualifying, we all had high hopes. Granted, I don't remember what everyone ended up with after round 2, we all did very well.

The second day of qualifying was a little more challenging. With everyone being shuffled to different heats with equally fast cars, it was tough to improve on qualifying times. We also got to see that there were some motor setup changes needed in the stock foam class to keep up with other quick drivers. Tags hooked it up in the motor department and we were good to go after that. Express had A main drivers in just about every class except for the mod classes.

In the touring stock foam A main, we had... Larry and Myself. We finished 5th and 9th respectively.
In touring 19t foam A main, we had... Paul Ciccerelo, Larry, and Myself. We finished 2nd, 5th, and 8th respectively.
In touring stock rubber A main, we had none other than Brandon Melton. He finished 4th respectively.
In 12th stock A main, Tags helped out the one and only Mark Smyka with motor.

X man got stuck in the B mains for 19t and stock. Robbie had trouble in qualifying that put him further back in the mains as well.

The team did a heck of a job. We all worked very hard, especially Tags. He made sure we had what we needed to go fast. If he didn't have the stuff he needed in his stash of go fast goodies, he went and found the stuff. Can't ask for much more than that.

Oh ya, and before everyone else starts busting my chops, yes, I suffered from L.O.F.T. in my mains. I must have been thinking about that steak dinner rather than my car on the track. Trust me, that won't happen again.

Thanks again Tags for what you do. Hopefully Fast Freddy can make it next year cuz we had a blast and it would have been even better with him there.

PS. If I forgot anyone, sorry. I can't remember all the results.
Old 10-02-2007, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Schreff,

What was the 19 turn motor of choice?
Old 10-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RBLove
Schreff,

What was the 19 turn motor of choice?
Rob, that is honestly a tough call. It was a mix.

Dumas strictly ran KDs, but that is obvious since he runs for Trinity. Larry and myself ran Checkpoints through qualifying. Chicky ran an Orion motor. However, that changed for me and Larry Sunday morning after our little practice. I ran a KD in the main and Larry ran an Orion. The KD just felt smoother than the Checkpoint in the power department. I know Larry said his Orion was really fast too.

So basically, I think almost every car in the main had either a KD or an Orion. Take your pick from there.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:47 PM
Tech Regular

I want to thank Big Features for the week full of laughs. Even when everything else went wrong, Mr. Kring was there to brighten it up.

Made a new avatar just for you buddy.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks,tag,shreff,larry,for a great and fun time in vegas...We had a great pit going..everyone asking us for help..they knew who had the power(tags)and they knew who had the setups(shreff,larry).Team express worked together and helped other people out,that says alot about this team...

ps: yo shreff,was that steak big enough,at the 9 restaurant?
Old 10-02-2007, 03:52 PM
J_P
Tech Addict

Good job to all, of what seems to be expected from eXpress at larger events. Things seem to be going good.
I just wanted to make sure everyone made it home okay. I was watching CNN and they were interviewing people from the Airport. Apparently, some kind of potential high jack situation or something. Someone trying to get a knife on board. And with the heavy accent from the person, they were having a hard time getting it straightened out. The NTSB was only minutes from a complete lock down of the terminal. You know TV, sometimes their details are sketchy, at best.
I hope everyone made it home fine.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

I saw that also! Some Redneck trying to take a "leatherman" in his carry-on.
Old 10-02-2007, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jason Swift
I want to thank Big Features for the week full of laughs. Even when everything else went wrong, Mr. Kring was there to brighten it up.

Made a new avatar just for you buddy.

LMFAO!!!! STICKA!!!!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by imprsme
I saw that also! Some Redneck trying to take a "leatherman" in his carry-on.
I still can't believe that redneck didn't know what a "leatherman" is or how it even got into his bag.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Schreff,

What kind of roll out and brush/spring combo with the Orion or KD? Was the KD a hemi or standard?

Thanks bro!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Hey all.

This will be short due to my moving start today and I just got home.

Lets just say..WOW we left Vegas and many eyes were open upon us. We had great runs by the entire team along with those extra drivers whom asked for some help and also made the A mains.

Team work was great all weekend and we were sooo close to the 2 top golds in the 2 super classes..Nothing a dremel cant fix... Sorry Jason...

Jason and Craig will have a great report as always shortly.

Just wanted to say thanks to the entire team on a great weekend...
Tag I just wanted to say great racing with you in the B main rubber class I think we made Scotty lose some of his voice LOL see you at the next big race

good luck with the move

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.