Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pro driver acting like a jerk

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I won't get too much into it, but how many 'improvements' in the human condition have we made by making mistakes kid?

- JB
Old 01-22-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Kid?
Old 01-22-2005, 03:12 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Chris takes his job pretty seriously from what I have seen, if he was at the track on a practice day I'd guess he was testing stuff for one of the sponsors. Both him and the drifter had the same right to be on that track at that time, and I'd guess his patience may have gotten worn a little thin if he's passing the same person every lap. I know when I'm practicing I try not to let it get to me, but it can get annoying, especially when you know someone's line will be different every time you try to make a pass.

Like it was said above, everyone has bad days, and trying to lay down laptimes like Brian's at SoCal will be frustrating in itself, so that may have had a little to do with it as well.
Old 01-22-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Well, how can we improve if we donīt do mistakes?
Come on...
Yeah you are right...........but
Old 01-22-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Kid?
My mistake... 'guy'

- JB
Old 01-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by JayBee
My mistake... 'guy'

- JB
You see! One mistake, and you already trying to do better
There is hope for you too!
Old 01-22-2005, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Old 01-22-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

I told ya ... imperfect human condition

- JB
Old 01-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Imo, everybody will find a reason and a side to defend but for everybody around this thread we have only one thing to know it's FAIR PLAY...even if it was not a profesional driver,that kind of words should not shoot out at this moment.....

Anyway, but from this case it's more ununderstanding because a PROFESIONAL is a Profesional.....whatever the sport,the activity,his job......I'm now a manager,and the first thing i teach to my staff it's to remain PROFESIONAL whatever the circonstances....AND WHEN YOU ARE PISS OFF,just go into the toilet ,make sure you are alone and CRY.... I've been a semi profesional swimmer for long and i can say it's the same business,... you are in the spot line and people expect that you are the ONE,...like a light or a star.No mistake or such behaviour when you especially pay for......

When i drive,i try to respect others because i want they respect me....and because i'm for a 100% of FAIR PLAY....In the past i've lost a lot for a kind shooting on a restrum,...i've lost my club,my friend and my sponsors....But we all know the business has changed and racers skills on the track is more important than his behaviours even it's so sorry to know who it's come from......and who is supplying him....

At the end of the day,he's still be payed by his sponsor and going to run tomorrow.....So poor for us (Fan and poor driver who expect a bit of respect from those pro)....

sorry for being long but it's my 2 cents....
Old 01-22-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
... and trying to lay down laptimes like Brian's at SoCal will be frustrating in itself, so that may have had a little to do with it as well.
I'm tellin' you...

That guy is STUPID fast at SoCal.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

If the person involved in the contact wouldn't have been a paid driver, but instead a local hotshoe, this would never have ended up on the internet.

While yes, the drivers involved in the situation have put their character and patience under scrutiny, those escalating the event by posting stupid rumors on the internet have stooped to an even lower level..

This happens all the time. Surfers fight when someone steals a wave. Motorcross riders get upset when a 125 C rider tries to hang with the guys on the Pro track at Elsinore and gets in the way. I can't remember ever seeing "man gets upset in traffic, screams at person in the car in front of him" on the front page of the newspaper. Why does this need to be plastered all over the 'net?

If you want to write a letter to his sponsors, fine. If it would make you feel better to talk to him in person, that's ok..but be a man about it. Humans make mistakes. Being a professional radio control car racer isn't exactly a pressure-free job.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: pro driver acting like a jerk

Originally posted by bama
I was at So Cal yesterday getting ready for off-road. Over on the on-road track several cars where running since that track was open for practice including a couple of "drifters" This was my first time seeing RC versions of the drift cars. It was pretty cool seeing them slide around the track. The "regular" cars were obviously much faster but everyone was able to get around the "drifters" with little or no contact. Two PRO drivers were there, Brian Kinwald and Chris Tosolini. Lap after lap Brian would come up on the cars and slow down go by them with no problem. Unfortunately lap after lap Chris would hit one of the two cars. Finally Chris hit the back of one of the cars at full throttle at the end of the straight away causing quite a bit of damge to the "drifter". He's only words were "you shouldn't be out here while i'm practing. I'm not saying PRO drivers have to be Mr. Personality and go out of there way to talk to and spend time with average racers, but how are you supposed to represent a company and help sell it's products when you act like a jerk?
Just wondering, did you say anything to Chris to try to come to a resolution or did you come here just to gang up on him?

One sided stories aren't ever worth arguing about.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
I'm tellin' you...

That guy is STUPID fast at SoCal.
Your tellin me... I run mod up there.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aaron Waldron
If the person involved in the contact wouldn't have been a paid driver, but instead a local hotshoe, this would never have ended up on the internet.
If it would have been a pro in any other sport acting like an a-hole...it would have been all over the news, right? Why is this any different?

Being a "top dog" has its ups and downs. If you act like a dick...or put yourself in a position where people even think you're acting like a dick -- it's on you. Comes with the territory.

It would be cool to hear from Tosolini himself...maybe he has an explanation for what happened...I hope so.
Old 01-22-2005, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
If it would have been a pro in any other sport acting like an a-hole...it would have been all over the news, right? Why is this any different?

Being a "top dog" has its ups and downs. If you act like a dick...or put yourself in a position where people even think you're acting like a dick -- it's on you. Comes with the territory.

It would be cool to hear from Tosolini himself...maybe he has an explanation for what happened...I hope so.
That's right, he would have been fined, docked fastest qualifing laps, or not allowed to race at all that day, this sport is more about the novice to sportsman drivers, than the pro's think it is, he's experienced enough to know better!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.