Wiki Posts
Search

2005 Cactus Classic @ SRS

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 12:05 PM
SRS
Tech Rookie

Jp-Big Pimpin!

yc&fluff-what's done is done, next year we will make the needed adjustments that we ran into this year, all I can do is apologize for the mis-communication and for the form being released early by car action. Again should be an amazing race as always and for those who didn't get in this year due to that whole situation, I apolgozie and would to take as many entries as possible, but it's just not feasable. Thanks for the understanding with this matter.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

HeY hEy!!!

Will there be live coverege on the net??? and i would also have to say that would be great that you allow 400, and or limit to how many classes you can run, because i've been to the NOVAK race 3 yrs. in a row they keep saying they're gonna limtit it but not yet, and also we always thrash the last week to get it ready, also we had a new years day race just before it the last two yrs. which made it even tuffer to get it ready in time, but they delt w/ it, not trying to say your doing anything worng. just my $.02.... and i wish everyone good luck who made it in to this race and hope you have a blast, and SRS just don't worry about next yr. till after this yrs. event....
Old 01-26-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Rookie

SRS, what exactly does "If you entry was recieved after the cactus was filled up, you will recieved your payment form back shortly"?
Does that mean our checks will be sent back or some kind of form? Could you clarify please.
Old 01-26-2005, 08:12 PM
SRS
Tech Rookie

payment form=cash, check.

Entry forms that did not make it in, will be returned shortly. If you sent a check in and didn't get in, you will recieve your check back.
Old 01-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

more entries available would be nice. i'll be about 350 once classes are rounded out.

you can only race 3 classes now. if you only allowed 2 classes the pro's couldn't run all 3 mod classes.

there were no phone or e-mail entries this year. only mail in or hand delivered.

most important: buy talking to mac (srs) you might as well be talking to a wall! when we talk to him about changing anything to do with the cactus he says: "you'll have to talk to scott or my dad i have nothing to do with it!" "i did the on-road race & thats it!"
Old 01-29-2005, 08:49 PM
SRS
Tech Rookie

busdriver-EMB SON!
Old 02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

My buddy and I were planning on entering too, but couldn't believe how fast it filled...
I most definitely think classes should be limited to two... If the Pros can't run 3 classes, boohoo...they have the opportunity to hit major races EVERY month of the year... there aren't many of us who can travel to out of state/large races, so anything that benefits the 'small' guy is a good thing...Most people will run a biggy and a truck...not many people run B/T/4wd, and those running mod shouldn't run stock...
It doesn't seem to be rocket science to make things better for the bread and butter of the hobby shops... The pros are given their stuff, or buy it direct at a large discount... bring more small guys in, more people are happier, and the hobby shops will make more money selling parts/motor spray/TIRES! , etc... Just seems to make sense to me... Am I that far off base here??

BTW, The Cactus used to be 400 entries...
Old 02-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

being a local you have no excuse for not signing up in time.... people come to the race to see kinwald or people like him compete in all 3 classes.. so limiting to two doesnt seem like a legit option....
Old 02-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Tech Elite

Mac - Yes..I know it's how it has been done for 19 years. But for how many years of that did you do 4 minute races? That changed..why can't the entry format?

You guys run an awesome program with plenty of room to spare and always have a ton of people who put in a good effort to make everything smoothly, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to do things like the dozens of other races around the country.