VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Type in DIY anodize or DIY home anodizing.
A lot of info there.

just found out also you can spell Anodize or Anodise.
things we get to learn.

ps RIT color dyes (like for dying T- Shirts is used)
i'd like to try but with the body on can't see those parts anyway, so I have not attempted.............Yet.

we can all make our own wheels and tires, these things are just very time consuming. it is all there just surf and seek and you shall find.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:53 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Today was the day I finally got to run my new Wildfire. I will be shortening up the speedo and servo wires but its still wired up pretty neat overall but it will be getting better. I have a pic so you can see what it looks like so far.

I took the car to an indoor carpet track to get some practice and just get use to running touring cars after a 4 plus year layoff. Track has not been raced on for 2 weeks and they had a party Saturday and the SCT trucks where running and using the jumps so any traction from 2 weeks ago is totally gone to say the least.

The first two packs where just to get familiar with the track layout and get a feel for the new car. Also to get the tries ran in a little since they been sitting for years.

I only made one change to the car as I moved the rear shocks out one hole on the tower from where I started them at. For the 3rd run I turned the timing on the motor back some and added a fan to the car plus put on some better tires but not the spec tries the track normally runs as a gentlemans agreement. Car was a lot better with the new tires I uses and I could drive it pretty well. My little bit of skills I had slowly where coming back. Car was really good in the groove considering the lack of use.

The 4th run I re sauced the tires and ran more like I was going to race but not pushing too hard and the car just kept getting better the whole run.

For the 5th run I was on it pretty hard and first time I even bothered to check lap times. To my surprise they are right in the ball park with where I need to be. I was very happy with all the time off and a totally new brand of touring car to me that I was on the right track lap time wise. I'm still stunned to be honest.

I zero problems with the car ll day long. Everything stayed tight and zero issues with the car other than the body hit the carpet the first pack and I just trimmed it and that was the last thing I did on the car all day as nothng came loose or broke. I did only have once medium hit but nothing broke. I never pushed the car super hard all day as I didn't seem to have to it just ran ran smoothly for me all day.

Couldn't be happier with my choice of touring cars. I have lots of room to grow and get better with it and parts are easy to get from CRC and eventually Horizon Distributors. To me VBC did a great job with this car.

Last edited by wyd; 07-01-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thing looked super good today at our track. Granted coulda been mainly driver but looked fast.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Diff problems

Does any one know if there is another brand of diff that fits this car. I can,t get it to run smooth and it leaks. I,m using 1000wt tamyia diff oil. Any help or sugestion will be appreciated. I have also tried sanding the back of the gears without any success.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67fastbk
Does any one know if there is another brand of diff that fits this car. I can,t get it to run smooth and it leaks. I,m using 1000wt tamyia diff oil. Any help or sugestion will be appreciated. I have also tried sanding the back of the gears without any success.
try xray t3 12 or spec r
Old 08-06-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 67fastbk
Both mine and Andrews diffs leaked a little yesterday however one of the other guys running the car had zero leakage. Make sure you tighten the case enough to compress the gasket. Also maybe try some grease or slime on the outdrives.

Last edited by S.Stew; 08-06-2012 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So yesterday I had the opportunity to see five of these cars in action yesterday at Leisure hours. I have nothing but positive things to say about how this car drives on asphalt. They look really stable and easy to drive. After getting the chance to drive one personally I was impressed with how much overall grip and the amount of steering it had. The impressive part was that the car that I drove was built at the track the same day I drove with a base setup and some small changes. It was quite easy to put the car right where u wanted. Andrew Knapp looked awesome with his yesterday.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Default gear diff

Thanks guys, tried sealing it with grease and slime but the major problem is there seem to be a high spot on the gears. I can,t get it to run smoothly. I think I will try the Xray diff and see how that goes.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.Stew
Both mine and Andrews diffs leaked a little yesterday however one of the other guys running the car had zero leakage. Make sure you tighten the case enough to compress the gasket. Also maybe try some grease or slime on the outdrives.
Didn't really seem to effect the cars too much. Kinda wanted to steal Andrews car but Im pretty sure its just his skills.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
Didn't really seem to effect the cars too much. Kinda wanted to steal Andrews car but Im pretty sure its just his skills.
My car was good in round 1 and great in round 2. Rounds 3 and the main I went the wrong direction with setup but overall I'm really happy with the car. Very solid kit.

Andrews car was nearly on the kit setup. Very minor changes.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S.Stew
My car was good in round 1 and great in round 2. Rounds 3 and the main I went the wrong direction with setup but overall I'm really happy with the car. Very solid kit.

Andrews car was nearly on the kit setup. Very minor changes.
Sorry to hijack the thread but it sure seemed as though the track changes through out the day.

My only knock on the car so far is that the WILDFIRE sticker is horrible.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
My only knock on the car so far is that the WILDFIRE sticker is horrible.
Lol couldn't agree more
Old 08-06-2012, 10:31 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 98tahoeboy
Lol couldn't agree more
Lol I also think the decals kind suck but most importantly the car is super nice.

As for the rear gear diff leaking. I have zero issues with mine. I used 2k weight from Associated in mine. When I put the plastic gears together I made sure to have no burs on them or the cross bar they go on. I then put the washers behind each gear and then filled to the top of the gears. Slowly spun the one outdrive and setting the gear oil down some and added just a little bit more to just below the top of the gears as to allow some room for the oil to move around and sealed it up.

I have about 35 minutes of running on my gear diff so far. Its super smooth and no rebuild needed. So far I really like the gear diff in this car. Now will just clean up my wiring even more and its really going to be ready to go.
Old 08-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

I also have had no problems with my diff. I used 1k weight diff oil in mine and used a little green slime on the o-rings and output shafts. Built it per the instructions and it was money....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.